• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you guage the officers reaction?

• Total voters

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I was sitting here watching YouTube and came across a video where an officer relentlessly pursues two suspects in a vehicle chase while they're opening fire on him with an AK. A few thoughts crossed my mind while watching, one being what does it take mentally to continue chasing someone who obviously has you out gunned. Then I thought about the people in the houses and surrounding vehicles i.e. collateral damage. When does the risk become high enough to end a pursuit, and when do you take a step back and think about possibly apprehending the suspects at a later time? I'm interested to see INGO's reaction to this especially the LEO's we have lurking around. I know that it's hard to say what you'd do in the same situation but just for laughs let's include a poll on what you believe the officers response was.

Let's try to be mature adults about this one and respect that everyone has a right to his/her opinion.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuSJEbc5-lQ&feature=related

Last edited:

boomboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    Makes me respect LEOs. Im glad they had the right man in the patrol car that day. Two dirt balls will no longer endanger society thanks to this brave man.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That guys has these

PICT0105balls.jpg

He suspended his own self preservation instinct in order to pursue, knowing that those two would end up hurting or killing someone else.

Big thumbs up for the LEO.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    That guys has these

PICT0105balls.jpg

He suspended his own self preservation instinct in order to pursue, knowing that those two would end up hurting or killing someone else.

Big thumbs up for the LEO.

Yeah his actions did take some big ones, especially once he realized what was bieng fired at him.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It's funny how, after he says he realized it was a rifle, he stayed a lot further off their tail. I think he's a hero, but I'm surprised he lived. He looked a lot calmer than I'd be firing his pistol through his window. Those baddies must have not known how to aim, or mabe didn't have a stock on their AK.

boomboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    It's funny how, after he says he realized it was a rifle, he stayed a lot further off their tail. I think he's a hero, but I'm surprised he lived. He looked a lot calmer than I'd be firing his pistol through his window. Those baddies must have not known how to aim, or mabe didn't have a stock on their AK.
    I thought maybe the video of him could have been a reenactment.
    Not that it probally wouldnt have look the same.

pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey this is just like in the movies! Cool video, I'm glad the LEO made it out alright. Personally I would have stayed much farther behind however!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I think he did the right thing. After he knew he was out gunned, he kinda laid back and kept a larger distance from him and the suspect.

He was just trying to buy time till other LEO's got there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've seen that video before.

It's lucky for that officer that the guy with the AK didn't just get out of the car and advance on him while firing to keep his head down.

But kudos to him for having the fortitude to continue after them like that.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Very courageous but shooting through an automotive windshield is probably not very effective with a handgun. :twocents: I guess he showed them that he meant business.

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    It strikes me that the risk of collateral damage was much greater from continuing pursuit, especially a round with the energy of the 7.62x39. I'm REALLY surprised the officer or any bystanders weren't injured. I think a better option would've been to call in a helicopter to keep track of them, and then send in SWAT to deal with them.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It strikes me that the risk of collateral damage was much greater from continuing pursuit, especially a round with the energy of the 7.62x39. I'm REALLY surprised the officer or any bystanders weren't injured. I think a better option would've been to call in a helicopter to keep track of them, and then send in SWAT to deal with them.

And if he did that and they robbed or murdered someone the first thing out of the media press would be "why did the LEO stop pursuit? He could have saved a innocent live".

It's kinda of a catch 22. I think he did a great job, he knew it was a hi powered rifle (didn't know the cal), so he keep back and just tailed them till more LEO showed up. The suspects crashed and instead of just letting them run away (possible taking a hostage) he keep them pined down till his back up came.

They should pin a medal in the LEO.. IMO..

Top Bottom