• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In terms of general regulatory/administrative overreach: certainly. But EPA doesn't do rule-making with respect to firearms.
    This is what we were responding to. If this stands then the avalanche will begin…

If SCOTUS lets ATF unilaterally change statutory language… …then all agencies can use that authority to enact further rulemaking, based on that revised, statutory definition.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The ATF will then declare all AR-15 rifles to be machineguns and therefore illegal as someone can use a belt loop to bump fire it, and for the skilled, they need nothing, not even a belt loop, to bump fire one using nothing other than a semi-auto AR-15, both hands and their shoulder. Biden and his minions will be on the warpath to turn this into their desperately desired Assault Weapons of War Ban and we'll all be overnight felons filling the Federal Prison system for decades. They're already headed in that direction! Thank the NRA for this.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I clearly state the fact that you and others just repeated.
    Whatever it was that you did or didn't really clearly say, this is what we are all reading, quoting from your post...

"I've always said it was a machinegun part, just like a "switch" ..it turns a semi into full auto."

And that makes it sound like you are saying a bump stock is a machine gun part, well, because it's what you said.

So we're having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say, because now you're kinda not saying something else really clearly. Or saying something else not really clearly.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Whatever it was that you did or didn't really clearly say, this is what we are all reading, quoting from your post...

"I've always said it was a machinegun part, just like a "switch" ..it turns a semi into full auto."

And that makes it sound like you are saying a bump stock is a machine gun part, well, because it's what you said.

So we're having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say, because now you're kinda not saying something else really clearly. Or saying something else not really clearly.
    Thats exactly what i am saying in the quote. It's a machinegun part.. but only by definition it's not. It's really no different than a drop in sear...it turns an semi auto into a full auto regardless if by definition it's "1 pull" of the trigger at a time. These parts cause serious rapid fire when installed. So what part of my opinion is confusing?? I say my thoughts plain as day.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thats exactly what i am saying in the quote. It's a machinegun part.. but only by definition it's not. It's really no different than a drop in sear...it turns a semi auto into a full auto regardless if by definition it's "1 pull" of the trigger at a time. These parts cause serious rapid fire when installed. So what part of my opinion is confusing?? I say my thoughts plain as day.
    Well to answer your last question specifically, “it’s a machine gun part, but only by definition it’s not” does not seem clear at all to me. If I was in your head maybe I’d understand what you mean, but anyway…

I think most here would agree a drop in sear can make a machine gun. A glock switch can make a machine gun.1
    A bump stock does not make a machine gun, some plastic thingamajig moves and increases rate of fire, but “the trigger has to move through its range, do its thing, to fire every single round”, which is by definition not a machine gun, or machine gun part.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thats exactly what i am saying in the quote. It's a machinegun part.. but only by definition it's not. It's really no different than a drop in sear...it turns a semi auto into a full auto regardless if by definition it's "1 pull" of the trigger at a time. These parts cause serious rapid fire when installed. So what part of my opinion is confusing?? I say my thoughts plain as day.
    So as was famously said, you “know it when you see it”.

That is not a legal definition of anything…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thats exactly what i am saying in the quote. It's a machinegun part.. but only by definition it's not. It's really no different than a drop in sear...it turns an semi auto into a full auto regardless if by definition it's "1 pull" of the trigger at a time. These parts cause serious rapid fire when installed. So what part of my opinion is confusing?? I say my thoughts plain as day.
    Drawing Motivation GIF (GIF Image)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Words have meaning. "Machine gun" has specific meaning. The statutory definition of "machine gun" says nothing about rate of fire. So, for you to make this claim: what definition of "machine gun" are you using? Please cite the definition of "machine gun" that includes rate of fire, so that we can discuss it.

Otherwise, we'll just continue to point out that your definition of "machine gun" is incorrect.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom