• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatchrooster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lumpkin,Co
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place.How Many people her coyote hunt?My buddy and I just started getting in to it this year.We have'nt got one called up to kill yet.What is the best light to us for them at night.we use spot lights with red lense's.Would a wheat light be better.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Coming up in the next week or so is mating season. A lot easier to call in. You will see more in the open just like deer rutting season.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Coming up in the next week or so is mating season. A lot easier to call in. You will see more in the open just like deer rutting season.

Went out last night to break in a Jack in the box and an fx3. What kind of calling sequence do you recomend this time of year. We did not see/hear anything, but I think that is because it was so windy.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I have had absolutely zero luck on coyote hunting at night. I've used red-filtered lights and had coyotes howling and yipping upwind in the dark, but they wouldn't expose themselves. The only thing I've called in and taken at night is foxes.

On the other hand, I've taken many coyotes in the first couple of hours after dawn.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Night is the best time to go. Somewhere between 11pm and 1am, seems to be the most active time to hunt. Coyotes seem to be more relaxed and show themselves. Also they will cross an open fields at night, where as in the daytime, coyotes will stick to fence rows. At night you do not need decoys or full camo. Just where something dark like bluejeans. Also the darker the night the more relaxed they seem to be. Full moon nights tend to see alot less.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    They are out every day around here, I see them when I get home after 3pm....

coyote001.jpg

JohnR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Hancock county
    We have always went during the day between 10 and 3 especially this time of year,long cold snap no deer carcasses,be ready some will come in fast.What do you do with them once you take them?

Hatchrooster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lumpkin,Co
    Nah, they havent gotten ahold of the wifes Dachshund yet......;)

We really hear the pack yippin and yellin at night. :ar15:

We had a pack come right up behind the house about 45 to 50yrds away on night about a month ago.They started yipping and woke me up and I got up and just cracked the door open and they shut right up.Don't know how they heard me but they did.

Top Bottom