• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It exists and if the cop sees their LTCH they are on their way no problem. ON THE OTHER HAND if you work in a crappy part of town you deal with low lifes that do not follow the law.:rolleyes:

Homeless guy hassling your customers at the drive through? Guess who gets sent out at 2am to deal with them?

Prostitutes working in your restrooms? Who gets to call the cops? Or to confront them?

People so drunk they cannot even order in the drive through (oh, and yes they are behind the wheel).

Have to drive your coworkers home because someone keeps following them?

Drug deals going on in front of your store or at times in it?

Picking up your homeless employee from the abandoned house he lives in so you have someone to help close the store?

Better yet, threatened to be shot by your subordinate when you send them home for not doing their job? Oh and yes she proudly mouthed off about how she was an ltch holder and what she carried in her vehicle both before the incident and after. yes she texted my boss (store manager) about what she was going to do, and no she did not get fired for it.

You guys want to sit there and bash me for profiling or how its a hassle? Try being told you are not allowed to carry and working in that environment. Yeah it isn't fair that in a nicer part of town I am less inclined to call, but it is my butt on the line not yours so get over it. You don't want to be hassled? THEN KEEP IT HIDDEN.

Forgot to add the store had been robbed three times that year at gun point. It is the only thing I was not there to witness though. the other stuff are things I dealt with personally.

Wow. Each example above includes an identifiable crime that has nothing to do with how a gun is carried. You are dealing with a whole field of straw men here. In each case concealed vs. nonconcealed is irrelevant to being stopped by police. What you describe has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs post about having the police called while simply eating at Taco Bell. If you observe a crime, then feel free to call the police, but leave us law abiding gun carriers (and that includes OCers despite your wishes) out of it.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Wow. Each example above includes an identifiable crime that has nothing to do with how a gun is carried. You are dealing with a whole field of straw men here. In each case concealed vs. nonconcealed is irrelevant to being stopped by police. What you describe has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs post about having the police called while simply eating at Taco Bell. If you observe a crime, then feel free to call the police, but leave us law abiding gun carriers (and that includes OCers despite your wishes) out of it.

No each example is explaining how hostile the environment is. The fact is the op sat down in a taco bell and a woman called the cops. I explained why he should post what part of town he is in. Not all taco bell's are hell holes, but some of them are and I listed my reasons. Don't like them? Tough, but the fact is I would rather **** off some ardent 2a supporter by calling the cops and making sure my keister is safe then to get robbed.

What is really amazing me right now is how poor some of the reasoning in this post is.

OP and many others are complaining that the sheeple call the cops whenever they see someone carrying. Granted given the part of town/time of day/location it can be an over reaction.

What many of you are advocating here though is that if you see someone packing to ignore it. You would rather everyone act like a different kind of sheep. You sit at your keyboard belting out your personal beliefs without any regard for others safety. Why worry? You pack your own protection. All you really care about is not being hassled because you are exercising your rights. You have no regard for the other side of the table because you see it as an infringement on your rights.

Now before I get roasted. I am for LTCH. I am all for the campus carry legislation. What I would really like is businesses being forced to allow carry or to be open to getting sued (mainly so they would allow it). In this instance all I am actually advocating is calling the cops to make sure the person packing is indeed legally able to do so. I agree it would be nice if they would do it in front of everyone instead of taking the person outside, but I can see some of their reasoning for doing so. Were it an even playing field and employees were allowed to carry in any business I probably would never bother calling the cops.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....I am for LTCH. .......

I believe you........... just for people you profile to be deemed worthy.

Being poor or a minority does not make their rights any less worthy than yours. :twocents:

Stop looking down your nose at people and thinking you are better
    than them and know what's best for them. That's the problem with
    the laws in this country to begin with, someone else wants to regulate
    their ideas and behavior on everyone else. Mind your business.

Again, why give the guy driving the Escalade the benefit of the doubt?
    He could have been a mob kingpin with Viney and Paulie bits stuck
    to the bottom of his SUV and was coming through the car wash to get the waffle out.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No each example is explaining how hostile the environment is. The fact is the op sat down in a taco bell and a woman called the cops. I explained why he should post what part of town he is in. Not all taco bell's are hell holes, but some of them are and I listed my reasons. Don't like them? Tough, but the fact is I would rather **** off some ardent 2a supporter by calling the cops and making sure my keister is safe then to get robbed.
    This is exactly what the antis do. They go after people they know will do them no harm, us, rather than after people who will, the criminals. If we were really such a horrible risk and danger to society, idiots like Helmke and Schumer and the rest of them would never dare call us out or try to pass laws restricting us, for they know that if that was the case, they would be in mortal danger.
    What is really amazing me right now is how poor some of the reasoning in this post is.

OP and many others are complaining that the sheeple call the cops whenever they see someone carrying. Granted given the part of town/time of day/location it can be an over reaction.

What many of you are advocating here though is that if you see someone packing to ignore it.
    If all they're doing is carrying a pistol and maybe eating lunch in a restaurant? Absolutely. The guy who's going to do you harm isn't going to come in and pay for a meal first.
    You would rather everyone act like a different kind of sheep. You sit at your keyboard belting out your personal beliefs without any regard for others safety. Why worry? You pack your own protection. All you really care about is not being hassled because you are exercising your rights. You have no regard for the other side of the table because you see it as an infringement on your rights.
    If this is what you think about this community, you couldn't be more wrong. Sure, there are some who don't defend our rights, they would be and are perfectly happy with Big Nanny Government regulating, restricting, and outlawing all those things of which they don't approve.
    Now before I get roasted. I am for LTCH. I am all for the campus carry legislation. What I would really like is businesses being forced to allow carry or to be open to getting sued (mainly so they would allow it). In this instance all I am actually advocating is calling the cops to make sure the person packing is indeed legally able to do so. I agree it would be nice if they would do it in front of everyone instead of taking the person outside, but I can see some of their reasoning for doing so. Were it an even playing field and employees were allowed to carry in any business I probably would never bother calling the cops.
    I see. So what you're saying is that you want to be able to fight back for yourself, but you don't want to risk your job to do it. I know you read the story about the Kroger manager recently who defended himself and his coworkers, and yes, I know that TB is part of Yum!, a notoriously anti-gun firm. You want a law restricting, regulating, and outlawing them from preventing carry. It's their business and their rules. Here's the cold, hard fact, though: No one was making you work for them! When you finish your degree and possibly open your own business (I'm guessing here; I don't know your field) do you want all those rules and restrictions on you?

If you want protection, carry it. You may lose a job, but you have to be alive to be fired. Please, though, stop looking at the gun as the problem, as you seem to be doing now. Again, the criminal isn't going to come in and order a meal first. They're nervous. They want to get in, get the money, and GTFO without being caught.

I doubt I'll change your mind. People with set opinions rarely change them... they rarely want to have their views challenged at all, even by themselves. I post this on the slim chance that maybe you'll see that your feelings don't come before the rights of others who are committing no crime of violence against you.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Now before I get roasted. I am for LTCH...

Of course you are. That requirement here in Indiana gives you an excuse to call the police so they can come check out the scary gun person and make you feel safe.

You do realize that in several states there is no mandated permit or license required for open carriers, right?
    I mean, some states don't even require permission slips to conceal! :nailbite:

Who could you call to come and hassle the gun carriers there?

How do those poor people ever feel safe?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I carry 24/7 if I'm awake. So by your reasoning I become more threatening the later in the day it gets, or the more "ghetto-ey" the part of town I'm in is. If the people that you say you'd call the cops on were actually dangerous, you wouldn't even have the chance to call 911. Criminals don't order, pay, sit down to eat, THEN rob you. Chances are if someone has walked in OC/CCing and ordered he's probably not a threat. (Bill beat me to the last bit)

Apparently some of the crazy people at Taco Bell could be behind the counter.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I carry 24/7 if I'm awake. So by your reasoning I become more threatening the later in the day it gets, or the more "ghetto-ey" the part of town I'm in is. If the people that you say you'd call the cops on were actually dangerous, you wouldn't even have the chance to call 911. Criminals don't order, pay, sit down to eat, THEN rob you. Chances are if someone has walked in OC/CCing and ordered he's probably not a threat.

Apparently some of the crazy people at Taco Bell could behind the counter.

Interesting thought you just provoked.

(hypothetically )

I wake up in the morning put my gun on my hip, I put on your average joes clothes. And get in my every mans car. I start driving in average city. Life is good, im just some guy with a gun lovin the 2a. Then it starts to get dark and i cruise in to the 'ghetto' as i get closer my rims get bigger, my bass gets lower. My shirt now meets the top of my pants at my knees. my teeth are suddenly gold, and the gun on my hip is now a square killing machine of death here to wreak havoc on fast food chains.

*I know it doesnt make sense but thats what came to mind when i read the first part of your post*

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of course you are. That requirement here in Indiana gives you an excuse to call the police so they can come check out the scary gun person and make you feel safe.

You do realize that in several states there is no mandated permit or license required for open carriers, right?
    I mean, some states don't even require permission slips to conceal! :nailbite:

Who could you call to come and hassle the gun carriers there?

How do those poor people ever feel safe?
    True. AK, AZ, VT, and WY have Constitutional carry, and of the 50 states, 28 do not require a state-issued permission slip to OC, the same number of states that recognize our LTCH, though admittedly, 16 of those don't necessarily respect the right fully (some won't allow you to OC in a vehicle, others don't pre-empt local laws restricting.) The other 12 are what opencarry.org calls "Gold-star open-carry states".

For reference, the "Gold Stars" are:
    AK, AZ, ID, KY, MT, NV, NM, NC, SD, VT, VA, WY

The OC-friendly states are:
    AL, CO, DE, KS, LA, ME, MI, MO, NE, NH, OH, OR, PA, WA, WV, WI

In fact, only eight states forbid OC at all:
    AR, FL, IL, NY, OK, SC, TX

The others, like IN, all require a state-issued permission slip.

Where did we say the crime rates were higher again?

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Interesting thought you just provoked.

(hypothetically )

I wake up in the morning put my gun on my hip, I put on your average joes clothes. And get in my every mans car. I start driving in average city. Life is good, im just some guy with a gun lovin the 2a. Then it starts to get dark and i cruise in to the 'ghetto' as i get closer my rims get bigger, my bass gets lower. My shirt now meets the top of my pants at my knees. my teeth are suddenly gold, and the gun on my hip is now a square killing machine of death here to wreak havoc on fast food chains.

*I know it doesnt make sense but thats what came to mind when i read the first part of your post*

OMG! You're a were-thug! (or would that be a vamp-banger?)
    shrug2.gif

;)

Blessings,
    Bill

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Wow. Alright I'm done with trying to have a discussion on ingo. I could give a **** about people bashing me for not holding their views, but I cannot abide being called racist. I never mentioned race in my posts. I worked in a crap part of town and said if I saw a gun I would call the cops to let them check it out. there was no mention of race in any of my posts.

You guys want to bash me feel free. Have free reign, but don't make me out to be something I am not.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Wow. Alright I'm done with trying to have a discussion on ingo. I could give a **** about people bashing me for not holding their views, but I cannot abide being called racist. I never mentioned race in my posts. I worked in a crap part of town and said if I saw a gun I would call the cops to let them check it out. there was no mention of race in any of my posts.

You guys want to bash me feel free. Have free reign, but don't make me out to be something I am not.

Geesh! Purple = sarcasm!

Tell you what, if I see you carrying a gun I WILL call the cops on you...you know, what goes around, comes around..,

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Maybe if you didn't come off with such a hateful attitude towards everyone. From your first post in this thread that's all I've seen from you. I'm glad we have a block button.

Top Bottom