• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I, personally, don't buy the ''she was afraid" excuse. If she was truly afraid that the OP was dangerous, or about to rob the place, why did she stay around and finish her meal? Any sane person who believed that someone, armed with a deadly weapon, was a threat would have bugged out and then called 911 from a safe location. We often hear of anti gunners pulling this kind of crap. I believe that she knew that he was not a threat, but didn't like the fact that he was exercising his right to carry. She obviously didn't have the manners or up bringing to just mind her own business, or the cajones to say something to him directly, so she called 911. We, unfortunately, now live in a society where many have a sense of entitlement and think that they can 911 any time they are offended or just don't get their way and the government will make it all better. To me this is no different than the morons that call the police and expect them to show up because Burger King screwed up their order at the drive up window.

Very true.

its her own fault she got offended. Her emotions allowed her to become offended, it wasn't the gun on his hip. it was her own damn fault.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    All I have to ask is which taco bell where you at? I used to work at two different ones. One was next to don's guns and the other is right off IUPUI. Had I seen someone carrying in my store I would have called the cops.

WHY? The part of town. I dealt with enough low lifes working in those two places both in front of and behind the counter.

I also used to work at Mike's. One day I was selling a car wash and the guy opened his armrest exposing a holstered weapon. Ironically there was a cop behind us, but I didn't bother motioning to him. The guy said he had his permit and I took him at his word.

Why? Because it was in carmel. The guy was driving a decent suv and had no real reason to lie. I did want to lecture him on the fact the muzzle was pointed at the passenger seat, but I had other things to do (like sell to the cop behind him).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Had I seen someone carrying in my store I would have called the cops.

WHY? The part of town. I dealt with enough low lifes working in those two places both in front of and behind the counter.

You know, the right exists even for "low lifes" and in every part of town. :rolleyes:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    All I have to ask is which taco bell where you at? I used to work at two different ones. One was next to don's guns and the other is right off IUPUI. Had I seen someone carrying in my store I would have called the cops.

I also used to work at Mike's. One day I was selling a car wash and the guy opened his armrest exposing a holstered weapon. Ironically there was a cop behind us, but I didn't bother motioning to him. The guy said he had his permit and I took him at his word.

Why? Because it was in carmel. The guy was driving a decent suv and had no real reason to lie. I did want to lecture him on the fact the muzzle was pointed at the passenger seat, but I had other things to do (like sell to the cop behind him).

So if you drive a crappy SUV in car mel its OK to drop the dime on them for doing nothing illegal?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Its Carmel. Im pretty sure driving a crappy car is illegal. I'm surprized I havent been chased out of town bc I have tape on my plastic window of my Jeep. (I work in carmel)

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    There are proper ways to handle these situations and I think in this case it was handled properly. LEO showed up, checked for license, went on their way. The lady didn't know and sure she might be ignorant of the law and not know how to follow it, but isn't that why there are OC groups? To show the masses "hey, sheeple, this is legal. That is all." ?

I agree with you... but should he of had to show his LTCH? No. He has no obligation to identify himself if he hasn't committed a crime.

I guess I just want to see the idiotic sheeple held accountable for their own actions which end up wasting the time of people like the OP, and the officers that responded.

</rant>

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

OHH OHH I'M TELLIN' - - - - U DRIVIN' WHILE PO IN CAR-A-MEL!

Yeah, if you motion to a cop that I am carrying and jam me up for
    no reason I would do my best to cause a scene with your manager.

Something to the effect of:
    "Your employees should mind their business, why are they looking in my car for ANY reason."
    Or better yet... "Your employee was checking out my wife's junk!"
    One step better.. "Your employee was checking out my junk, it made me feel very uncomfortable..."

That's what it looked like to me. Mind your business.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    OHH OHH I'M TELLIN' - - - - U DRIVIN' WHILE PO IN CAR-A-MEL!

Yeah, if you motion to a cop that I am carrying and jam me up for
    no reason I would do my best to cause a scene with your manager.

Something to the effect of:
    "Your employees should mind their business, why are they looking in my car for ANY reason."
    Or better yet... "Your employee was checking out my wife's junk!"
    One step better.. "Your employee was checking out my junk, it made me feel very uncomfortable..."

That's what it looked like to me. Mind your business.

THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^

MYOFB

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy

This is profiling. Period. Why does it matter what I drive or where I drive it at? Doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. Don't give them any more fuel.

Responsible, licensed gun owners in public is not the end of the world. I'm sure we have responsible gun owners on the East Side of Indy and it's not Carmel. I'm in Indianapolis and not far from Don's Guns. Glad I haven't run across you. If the cop stops someone then that's them. No need to tell/call the police every time you see a gun. Most criminals hide the gun until they need to use it just so you know. The lady at TB didn't realize it, either.

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville

Looking at the world this way is bad enough. Sharing it openly thinking that others will back you up is worse. "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth...."

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I agree with you... but should he of had to show his LTCH? No. He has no obligation to identify himself if he hasn't committed a crime.

I guess I just want to see the idiotic sheeple held accountable for their own actions which end up wasting the time of people like the OP, and the officers that responded.

</rant>

You are required to show your handgun license if asked, but not required to provide driver's license

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i can imagine, even hot taco bells is nasty, i can not imagine those tostadas and nacho Bell grande after 15 minutes seating there, i am mexican and do not even go there, if that food is mexican i am a chinese.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    i can imagine, even hot taco bells is nasty, i can not imagine those tostadas and nacho Bell grande after 15 minutes seating there, i am mexican and do not even go there, if that food is mexican i am a chinese.

^^^ made me :laugh:

I eat taco bell once in a while and no it is not Mexican food. I do however love authentic Mexican food.

Top Bottom