• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just got 3 credit card offers in the mail today and all 3 had no postage necessary envelopes in them. Do any of you put junk in them and mail them back so they get billed for the postage?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anybody have any idea what it costs them? I know it's cheaper than you or I would pay but it would be nice if they had to pay postage on millions of these.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Yes, I must admit, I often do this. I especially enjoy doing so when the fish-wrapper Indianapolis Star sends me a postage-paid envelope. I get it as heavy as possible.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep. I always take a minute to write "Take me off your mailing list" on the form and then mail everything back, including the envelope they sent it in. Citi no longer sends me anything. Neither does Capital One. After you've cost them a few bucks they get the message and leave you alone.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Yep. I always take a minute to write "Take me off your mailing list" on the form and then mail everything back, including the envelope they sent it in. Citi no longer sends me anything. Neither does Capital One. After you've cost them a few bucks they get the message and leave you alone.

Yeah that works..or the opt out phone number on the offer works and it will stop all credit card offers comming to you in the mail.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I used to do the same thing. Sometimes I would even throw in a little mulch from the yard. Strangely, I no longer have the need to do this much anymore. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've often thought about writing " deceased " on the application, & mailing it back. Or I could write one dead MF.
    Actually, that would be the one I wouldn't try. There have been cases where banks have reported people dead to the credit bureaus and the folks have had their credit ruined. I wouldn't touch that one.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The first class prepaid envelope is good for one ounce of first class postage. You can't glue one to a cinder block and dump it in the mailbox down at Kroger...if you do, and you get caught and found guilty, you are a felon and you can kiss your gun rights good bye. Regardless, your intended victim will never get the cinder block. Don't jack with the mail ya jackwagon.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    The first class prepaid envelope is good for one ounce of first class postage. You can't glue one to a cinder block and dump it in the mailbox down at Kroger...if you do, and you get caught and found guilty, you are a felon and you can kiss your gun rights good bye. Regardless, your intended victim will never get the cinder block.

Can I send them two styrofoam peanuts?

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    The first class prepaid envelope is good for one ounce of first class postage. You can't glue one to a cinder block and dump it in the mailbox down at Kroger...if you do, and you get caught and found guilty, you are a felon and you can kiss your gun rights good bye. Regardless, your intended victim will never get the cinder block. Don't jack with the mail ya jackwagon.

An OUNCE?? I'm pretty sure that would make everyone who stuffs the contents back in the envelope and sends it in a felon then. Or, you're wrong. One of the two.

I'll have to find the thread, but there was a guy who got fed up and started sending them cinder blocks, tires, etc. The company finally got tired of it and contacted the Postal Service, who's advice was "Stop sending them to him." In the end, they had him banned from dropping off mail at the post office, so he started dropping it off at one about an hour away. As long as you do not tamper with the addressee, there's nothing they can do about it.

Finally, if you can't make your point without namecalling, there's other places on the internet you may enjoy more than this one. No one here appreciates it.

Top Bottom