• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Saw this guy while I was with my friends (Harry2110 and Wire Fox) this weekend, he showed up while Harry was shooting his Cz-452 on the 25 yard and Wire Fox and I were shooting his mosin and my ar-15 on the 50.

He started talking and asked if he could shoot his Mosin and he said yeah, he went through five rounds then asked if he could shoot my ar-15w .22 kit and I let him. After he shot the AR he put it down and asked about the rainbow flag patch I have on my sling, I told him that I'm gay and he said he was Christian I believe in this ect. ect, and I said OK that's cool.

Anyways I go back to shooting my AR, and he goes to my friend, which he thinks is just some random guy shooting with me, and says ""I have a phobia of those kinds of people", my friend told me about it after he left and I laughed knowing how to scare him away next time:gheyhi:.

I should also mention we started shuffling the ammo around in the shooting bag and told him we have no more ammo :):.

L-W-R-C

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Willow Branch
    when I was there on Saturday he was there. When I got into an argument with the DNR officer over his friend telling my friend and I how to shoot a gun I told the DNR that his friend isn't supposed to be in that truck with him his friend took off on his bike.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I can't believe anyone did not say to the range officer that this guy is very annoying and they don't like him hanging around when they are trying to shoot. The club I belong to does not have a RO, but there are usually plenty of guys like me around who would have told the dude to beat it. Was this clown doing any shooting himself?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Saw this guy while I was with my friends (Harry2110 and Wire Fox) this weekend, he showed up while Harry was shooting his Cz-452 on the 25 yard and Wire Fox and I were shooting his mosin and my ar-15 on the 50.

He started talking and asked if he could shoot his Mosin and he said yeah, he went through five rounds then asked if he could shoot my ar-15w .22 kit and I let him. After he shot the AR he put it down and asked about the rainbow flag patch I have on my sling, I told him that I'm gay and he said he was Christian I believe in this ect. ect, and I said OK that's cool.

Anyways I go back to shooting my AR, and he goes to my friend, which he thinks is just some random guy shooting with me, and says ""I have a phobia of those kinds of people", my friend told me about it after he left and I laughed knowing how to scare him away next time:gheyhi:.

I should also mention we started shuffling the ammo around in the shooting bag and told him we have no more ammo :):.
    Ha, thats funny. I used to have anti-gay phobia too, then I realized I don't give a crap what people do in their bedrooms. I bet if you played like you liked this creepy guy, he would probably go running and never ask you any more questions about what your shooting. :):

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I just got home from the range and he was still there!! He came up to me twice while shooting my AR on the 50 and I just ignored him, but when time ran out while I was shooting my .40 cal on the 25 I couldn't avoid him. It was very annoying to have him ask if he could handle my XD about 6 times. The guy did not wanna take no for an answer, WOW that pissed me off. lol

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just thought I would chime in and say that two friends and I were there Saturday shooting pistols/rifles, and as we were finishing up our last box of rifle ammo..he showed up. He was hassling some guy about letting him shoot his AK47 and the guy began to look like he was annoyed..I focused on shooting, but my friend said he let the creeper shoot his AK before he started to talk about random things....

What's funny is I had seen this thread the day before we went.. and mentioned it in passing conversation to my two friends.. one of which is a member here and as we were leaving he was the one who told me he thought he had seen the creeper because he had noticed a bicycle was leaned up against something... As I looked back at the rifle range while we were leaving I saw him...:shady:

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    Good job handling the situation teejay422. This dude has no business near a range IMHO, let alone handling anyones firearm regardless how much he aggravates or begs to shoot my guns, and if he's hangin with the RO then someone needs to turn him in. I can tell you I would not have been so polite regardless of his situation. :twocents::xmad:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Once an individual proves to be a range pest, they should be officially banned.

Any weird strangers hovering around me while I'm concentrating on shooting is going to have their ass handed to them... And this is no idle threat.

Are you saying you'll beat someone's *** for coming up and talking to you?

Are we sure that's a good idea?

Gareth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you saying you'll beat someone's *** for coming up and talking to you?

Are we sure that's a good idea?

There is a distinct difference between a normal person politely making sensible conversation at the appropriate time, but this is not while someone is involved with shooting, and certainly not by some annoying cupcake who is foolishly permitted to loiter around the range behaving suspiciously. If the public range 'police' were conducting their duties properly, this kind of nonsense wouldn't be tolerated, and I wouldn't have to do their jobs for them.

Thankfully, I belong to a private club where I can shoot in peace, because the other members are intelligent enough not to invade my personal space when I'm busy shooting.

Also, I'm not interested in engaging others in BS sessions when I visit the range. I go there for one purpose, and that is to shoot. When I visit a gun shop, it's to quietly browse, purchase a firearm, ammo, or reloading components, not to listen to some wannabe ninja shoot their ignorant mouth off.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is a distinct difference between a normal person politely making sensible conversation at the appropriate time, but this is not while someone is involved with shooting, and certainly not by some annoying cupcake who is foolishly permitted to loiter around the range behaving suspiciously. If the public range 'police' were conducting their duties properly, this kind of nonsense wouldn't be tolerated, and I wouldn't have to do their jobs for them.

Thankfully, I belong to a private club where I can shoot in peace, because the other members are intelligent enough not to invade my personal space when I'm busy shooting.

Also, I'm not interested in engaging others in BS sessions when I visit the range. I go there for one purpose, and that is to shoot. When I visit a gun shop, it's to quietly browse, purchase a firearm, ammo, or reloading components, not to listen to some wannabe ninja shoot their ignorant mouth off.

Agreed. I would never let someone who met the description of the person being discussed handle any of my weapons (loaded or not), or even come within an arms distance of me while at the range. Situational awareness would dictate getting myself out of there in a hurry, to avoid an escalation.

Top Bottom