• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    After a month or so of cc'ing with a homemade kydex/leather iwb holster I finally decided to give in and invest in a proffesional grade holster for my M&P 9c. I did quite a bit of searching on iwb holsters and it always seemed that the top two were the Comp-Tac Mtac and the Crossbreed Supertuck. After reading what seemed like a million reviews and watching hours of reviews I opted for the Supertuck. Seeing as I'm a rather active person I went ahead and ordered it with the horsehide and I couldn't resist the idea of the combat cut (not a huge diy'er). Anyways, I'd like to know all of your opinions on this holster. Any suggestions on cant/ride height? I'm about 6'0" 190 lbs. kind of athletic build. Once it finally arrives in the mail I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works out and my preferred carry position/cant.

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    I've had mine going on a month now, I didn't get the combat cut so I don't have an opinion on that.....but I can tell you that you will be happy your purchase....I've carried pretty much everyday since getting it and I can honestly it is the most comfortable holster I've every worn......give it a couple of day to break in.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    I've also got an M&Pc and searched for a good IWB holster. I narrowed it down to the MTAC and Supertuck but decided to go with the MTAC. For me, M&Pc + MTAC = great EDC. Usually carry around the 4:30-5:00 position. Have heard nothing but good things about both holsters though.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I pretty much got the same thing for a Glock: Horsehide and combat cut. I haven't felt the need to re-set the clips at all from where they put them at the factory. My draw is pretty much a straight up draw (a very slight cant to the front). Some things I have noticed:

-The clips may loosen up over time depending on how you wear it. I really tightened one down and it seems pretty tight, however another clip still gets loose. Some non-permanent thread locker substance might be an idea to use as a fix.

-The plastic part that holds the firearm was a tight fit at first. Now, it is not so tight. So if you are wanting a really tight fit, you might want to follow the directions they send (or they say you can send it back to them). The way mine has worked out, I can turn the holster upside down and the gun stays in the holster. However, any movement will eventually cause the gun to fall out. I like the current retention, as one shouldn't carry a gun in any holster in a manner that could allow for the gun to just fall to the ground.

-Warning: The gun will cause finish wear marks on your gun. On my Glock, there is some wear areas that weren't there before. This is important if you have any plans on re-selling this handgun. Wear marks definitely will affect price on the secondary market. The areas with harder contact on the leather and plastic side will be those areas where the finish likely may show wear.

The only down side I have is that my old holster allowed for the easy carrying of a spare magazine. I still haven't found a good compact, IWB carry spare mag product.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I CC, I go with as extreme a can't as the holster will allow. It seems to hug the body tighter and allow my love handles to conceal it better.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Exactly how you wear it is about personal preference and concealability. I wear mine at about 4 o'clock.. When you get it, be sure to spend some time trying every combination of clip adjustments. Mine went from mildly printing at first to totally disappearing with adjustment.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I have a CB Supertuck for my M&P 40c. I have the Velcro clips on it. I wear it with a Crossbreed Velcro lined gun belt for outstanding comfort and conceal-ability. Clips are 98% hidden behind the belt. No squeaks either. I've had mine for about a month. I wear mine in 4-4:30 position with high cant. Very happy with the purchase.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another Supertucker here. Carry my XD40SC about 4:00 or so. I started with the velcro, but couldn't keep it stuck, so switch back to the clips. In hindsight, I should have gotten the combat cut. I need to trim some of the leather away. I ended up pushing the holster pretty deep, with just enough of my grip exposed to, well, get a grip. It is canted slightly forward.

It seems to work pretty well. The XD is pretty thick, so in snug pants/shirts it will still be noticeable (to me at least). In something a bit looser, it all but disappears. I CC when I dress up for events, and the Supertuck works great with my pleated dress pants and tucked-in (but slightly loose) dress shirts. I've yet to be "outed" when concealed!

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    I was watching a ton of videos about this question. Glad it was posted here. My biggest issue was concealment of a thicker CCW. Seems like several of you have had success with the M&P, Glocks, and the like. I'm sold on the CrossBreed. Now if I can just decide which pistol to get my first one for...

swtoombs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Indianapolis - Southside
    Thanks everyone for the awesome and very informative comments, keep em comin.

I was watching a ton of videos about this question. Glad it was posted here. My biggest issue was concealment of a thicker CCW. Seems like several of you have had success with the M&P, Glocks, and the like. I'm sold on the CrossBreed. Now if I can just decide which pistol to get my first one for...

You might find this thread quite helpful https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/150945-one_gun.html
    As I stated previously I own an M&P 9c and absolutely love it. For it's size it shoots very well and it's easy to conceal. I've also heard some good things about the Glock 19 but I'm not a huge glock fan.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    You won't be disappointed! I have two. One each horse hide w/combat cut and cowhide w/combat cut. I wear the horsehide in warmer weather cause I can wear it comfortably against bare skin. I've had that thing darn near completely soaked from sweat with not problems. The horsehide is definitely stiffer than the cowhide as I wear the cowhide in cooler weather.
    You will have to play around with the cant to find the right angle and depth. I'm very similar to you both size and weight and wear mine at about 3:30.

I've found in order to actually tuck your shirt between the holster and your pants it's easier to actually do this prior to tightening your belt. Speaking of belts I can't over emphasize the importance of a good quality gun belt.

Note: both holsters will accommodate any of the XD's that I carry on a daily basis. It also fits the XDm nicely too. Either the 3.8" or 4.5". It also has decent retention for a S&W SW9VE and I'd almost bet the same holster would fit the M&P too.

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    XD40SC

I love mine. I wouldnt trade it for the world. I never get outed and i carry everywhere. Gander MTN has yet to kick me out of the store lol extremely comfortable, concealed, and not noticable.:yesway::yesway:

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I've been using the CBST with a XDsc for over a year now. I have horsehide, no combat cut, velcro clips with a Crossbreed carry belt. I've posted this before but I have 2 complaints:

1. The holster squeaks. The clips rubbing on the horsehide makes a squeaking sound. Not sure how easy it is for others to hear but it really annoyed me. I solved this with some saddle oil I picked up at Tractor Supply. I took the clips off and rubbed 4 or 5 coats of oil into the leather, front and back. It softened it up enough to stop the squeak. I put some more on it every 6-8 months.
    2. The belt buckle jingles when not buckled - loudly.

Other than that it's been great. The screws on the clips will loosen up from time to time so check them occasionally. I'm about your size (6' 0", 175lbs) and it conceals very well. Get some pants that are about 2" bigger than you normally need to allow room for it.

I carry mine about as low as I can get it around 3:30. The front clip is as deep as it'll go and the rear clip is on position 2 out of 4, to give it some extra cant. Helps hide the grip.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Thanks everyone for the awesome and very informative comments, keep em comin.

You might find this thread quite helpful https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/150945-one_gun.html
    As I stated previously I own an M&P 9c and absolutely love it. For it's size it shoots very well and it's easy to conceal. I've also heard some good things about the Glock 19 but I'm not a huge glock fan.

LOL thanks bro but what I meant was which of my pistols I should order my first crossbreed for.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well what a coincidence, I just received my supertuck a couple days ago! I got it for my XD9 subcompact and I also opted for the combat cut and horsehide. I have to say, I usually OC, so finding a carry position that is comfortable, easy to access, and still concealed is a little difficult. When I OC I keep my weapon right at 3 oclock with almost zero cant. CC is a whole nother story...

I've adjusted the clips quite a bit and right now I've found it to conceal best way back at about 5 oclock, really deep with lots of cant. I'm 6'1" and 155 pounds so I don't have a lot of extra room to conceal a pistol, but I don't wear very tight cothes either. Every time I bend the littlest bit forward I feel my pistol printing against my t-shirt. I would like to wear the holster closer to 3 oclock, but I feel like the butt prints too easily in that position. Any suggestions? :dunno:

My clips also squeek like a b**** but I figure I can fix that. I've heard felt on the backs of the clips works well too. Maybe I'm picky, but I also think the sight channel is sloppy. It kind of flattens out and disappears in the middle of the holster. I'm not too concerned with holster wear on my gun, but as has already been mentioned, this WILL put definite wear marks on your gun.

I can't seem to fall in love with this holster the way everyone else does. Maybe I've been spoiled by the ease of OC carry, or maybe I've never been exposed to the discomfort of other IWB holsters. Either I'm too skinny or I'm doing something wrong, but I don't feel like I'm able to conceal my XD as well as everyone says they can. I LIKE the super tuck, I just don't LOVE it.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    CB fanboy here. Mine with Cowhide normal cut with a HK USPc .40. Love it with metal clips. I too had the squeak problem but saddle soap or leather conditioner will work that out. Cant is a personal thing so you'll just work it out. I did several repositionings before settling. Love it.

Top Bottom