• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have been waiting for over a month for mine to get here. No word from the company. I know the site has a time frame on it but I would think that the company would provide a little better customer service and update a paying customer who has already been charged.... They already have my money so i guess i just have to wait now. I am also not so much of a fan of the easy to spot crosses. I'll give it a shot and update my opinion after a few months of ownership..... if I ever get it...........

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I ordered my Supertuck after using (LOVING)their Quik Clip for several years. Carry a J frame in the Quik clip. Forget I am even wearing it. I have yet (admittedly, I haven't had time to adjust it a lot yet) to get a good feeling when carrying my G19. Yes, it squeaks crazily.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I have a 4" Xd 9 and I am the same why, I like it but the gun doesnt disappear like everyone says it should. Maybe im doing something wrong would love for some help:dunno:

Have you tried adjusting the clip locations? There are a total of 16 combinations and I recommend investing the time to try all of them. The right adjustment definitely makes a difference.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Have you tried adjusting the clip locations? There are a total of 16 combinations and I recommend investing the time to try all of them. The right adjustment definitely makes a difference.

This ^^^^^^. I went through the same exercise before settling on a cant that was comfortable and reduced printing. I love my Crossbreed Supertuck - bought it a couple years ago for my full size M&P and it's worked out great. Once you have the cant and adjustments where you want them, your gun almost disappears in to the Supertuck.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I know I know thats what everyone says...I have tried most of them and still not much luck...I mean it prints about as much as anyother holster i have...I am going to keep trying

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Glad to hear the positive feedback on the ST. Just ordered one this past week for an M&P 45c. Anybody using the V-Clips with the CB velcro belt? I'm a little concerned about durability of the velcro adhesive....

finn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I have to say, I usually OC, so finding a carry position that is comfortable, easy to access, and still concealed is a little difficult. When I OC I keep my weapon right at 3 oclock with almost zero cant. CC is a whole nother story...
    Just my :twocents: but whatever position you carry at you should be consistent when you oc or cc. You need to build that muscle memory so that if you get into a bad situation you don't have to think about where to draw from. My first experience with this was during a CQB class. I normally cc at about 4 o,clock but during the class I was carrying with a drop leg holster. As I switched from carbine to sidearm I naturally went to my normal carry spot. That extra second meant that the other folks in the class got an extra shot or two off. If they were on the other end coming at me then they would have had those extra shots at me. I switched to a holster that was still oc but in the same spot that I normally carry and had no more problems with the delay. That's just my opinion and I'm sure that others on here will have different opinions.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I have 5 Crossbreed Supertucks and was sold after the first one. I try to carry the same action style gun in the same kind of holster.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I have been waiting for over a month for mine to get here. No word from the company. I know the site has a time frame on it but I would think that the company would provide a little better customer service and update a paying customer who has already been charged.... They already have my money so i guess i just have to wait now. I am also not so much of a fan of the easy to spot crosses. I'll give it a shot and update my opinion after a few months of ownership..... if I ever get it...........

Just got mine Friday.... It took 2 days over 6 weeks. I emailed them just short of the 6 week mark and they replied (within 2 hours) that they were shipping right at the 6 week mark. Site 4-6 weeks on the site when I ordered mine. I did not like the wait but I knew it ahead of time so i cannot complain about it.

Today will be my first day wearing it all day...So far so good. Better than others i have tried... Being fat and hip-less makes difficult holster shopping.

I will complain about the fact that it didn't come with life savers candy like the belt i got a few months back.....They saw the size of the belt and knew i didn't need them but they sent them anyway. Now i was looking forward to them with the holster and didn't get any...I will try to block this out of mind while judging how well i like the holster.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just my :twocents: but whatever position you carry at you should be consistent when you oc or cc. You need to build that muscle memory so that if you get into a bad situation you don't have to think about where to draw from.

You're completely right. I didn't think I could conceal my XD very well at a 3:00 position in my supertuck. After several adjustments and a couple days wearing it I've found that I can. Unfortunately, my belt pulls my hip bone very tight against the weapon and I can't get a full grip as I draw. I have to use a modified grip and reposition my thumb as I'm bringing the weapon up.

I love the position of the weapon, but not the modified draw. Do you think I've traded one demon for another? I'm beginning to think that CC is all about choosing the least worst option.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    I carry a Glock 36 in mine and I absolutely love the crossbreed holster. I also got one of their belts which made a huge difference. It was well worth the money. I noticed that someone said it will wear on your pistol--that is true for me also, but hey, it is a Glock--what difference does it make.

I did NOT get the combat cut. I wish that I did--I think. I got the normal cut for comfort. By the way, I am about the same size as you at 6' and 195.

Rich.Carpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Fishers

Whey I ordered mine, they were pretty straightforward about the 6-8 week time frame. I received it in a little over 6 weeks.

I carry an XD40 in my SuperTuck. The only issue I have is that the pistol, itself, is a little on the heavy side, so I have to cinch my belt fairly tight. This could be merely coincidental to the location of the holes in my belt (one being a little too loose - the next a little too tight).

For the most part, however, I can't imagine an IWB holster being more comfortable with this particular pistol. It does a fine job of forming to my waistline. I did not get the combat cut and don't miss it.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Has anyone compared this to or have a Galco Kingtuck? I saw a kingtuck at Cabelas the other day and the leather looked to be sort of padded or two ply. Not sure how that would affect concealability or comfort.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Has anyone compared this to or have a Galco Kingtuck? I saw a kingtuck at Cabelas the other day and the leather looked to be sort of padded or two ply. Not sure how that would affect concealability or comfort.

I have a King Tuk, but don't have a CB to compare it to. I like the King Tuk, and yes, it appears to be 2 pieces of leather stitched together. In July I'll get to compare it to a CB directly because I'll be seeing my brother in FL who has the CB. I carry a Glock 27 and he carries the 26, so should be able to do a direct comparison.
    From the Galco site: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=4076&CatalogID=7

"Galco’s new KingTuk™ tuckable IWB reigns supreme in comfort, speed, and versatility! The patented* KingTuk provides the best of both worlds: a comfortable backing plate made of lined saddle leather with Napa leather front combined with a rigid Kydex® holster pocket for a fast draw and easy holstering."

I picked up my King Tuk at Midwest Gun Exchange while on business in South Bend, for $49.95. I believe you can get similar pricing at MidwayUSA as well.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Thanks WebSnyper that's what I was looking for. Cabelas had the same price. BUT we were on vacation at the store in WV and the wife wasn't willing to let me pick it up. Bummer huh? Lemme know about that comparison. I am very interested.

Top Bottom