Crossfit & USPSA Who would be interested in a match like this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think it would be a great idea for me to try to shoot and do crossfit at the same time seein' as how I probably can't do crossfit when I'm not tryin' t' shoot.

I was witness to the great crotch blow out of 2003, I will not, I repeat WILL NOT go thru something like that again and can only imagine what will not make during a match like this

plus I am not giving any of you sons of be'atches mouth to mouth

(now I will show up sit in the parking lot and wait for the first competitor to fall out and then go thru their range bag........)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't forget the time you went prone at ACC. I still have retinal scars.....

The most recent time? Heh ... I milked that stage (more than usual) because I could hear you guys cringing. I didn't want your pain to end too soon.

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    Yes. I have been thinking about something like this. Given the inclement weather over the past few days, i have been thinking of how fun it would be to do Olympic style biathlon. I am sure there are a few people who do this in the area, but there isn't really a really convenient way to get introduced into athletic marksmanship.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    You crossfit guys could get a workout by shoveling the snow off the range and setting up a match, and the rest of us could go shoot it?
    Brilliant?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You crossfit guys could get a workout by shoveling the snow off the range and setting up a match, and the rest of us could go shoot it?
    Brilliant?

AMAZING!

Let's do it!

In fact, it makes sense for the crossfitters to setup and tear down all the matches, paste all the targets, do all the ROing, reset all the targets, and run to the clubhouse to fetch us lazy wretches water when needed.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    This is just me thinking out loud here but
    To take inexperienced people when it comes to guns, add in something very physical before hand and then have them "compete" with a firearm in something that is already challenging especially to someone that hasn't competed with a gun before might be bordering on unsafe.
    How many new shooters to a match have we seen get completely frustrated and start to become unsafe in gun handling trying to shoot a stage, a piece of steel etc, now add something physically demanding, muscle fatigue, disorientation to it and the results could be disastrous.

I think the bigger issue isn't unsafe workout people with guns, RO's can help that. Rather, a real concern is unsafe gun people working out. Judging by the weights and level of fitness of people that shoot at many ranges it would be safe to assume they would hurt themselves while actually working out. The gun safety issue can easily be worked out with staged weapons and Virginia count. Improper form can't be taught on range and could destroy someone's back/neck/knees/shoulders quickly.

Here is a stage I can see:
    100 yard sprint with 50lb bag on back to barrel where handgun is placed. Virginia count on 6 steel plates strong hand only. In this scenario I see more gun people falling/having a heart attack/asthma attack than fit people having a safety violation.

This sounds awesome and I'm in for sure. If you ever organize one I will put as much time in as you need. The above scenario could easily be done at NPCCC.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [video=youtube_share;8kOI88zEE8c]http://youtu.be/8kOI88zEE8c[/video]

Of course the guy in the video made a ton of money and retired from his business and has dedicated the last couple of years to nothing but shooting
    Hiring his on personal trainers to create a workout for him and hired Manny as his personal shooting trainer and flies him around to coach him at matches

Last edited:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    aw, cmon guys....if we want usa to be baddest of em allwe gotta realize that the person is the weapon....im not saying ditch ur guns and forget how to shoot...but for chrissake have a little pride.....if shtf and you cant even carry your B.O.B. 1 mile at a quick pace what good r u really.....its time for indiana, and gun owners of indiana to man up and do some frakkin pushups every now and then...how bout in between reloading batches eh?

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Brilliant?

AMAZING!

Let's do it!

In fact, it makes sense for the crossfitters to setup and tear down all the matches, paste all the targets, do all the ROing, reset all the targets, and run to the clubhouse to fetch us lazy wretches water when needed.

Haha ! You guys are hilarious! But seriously bring the burgers, dogs & beer & I'll be there.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yeah, not so much. How old are you? When I was in my 30's I was doing triathlons, running 30-40 miles a week, biking 100 miles and swimming about 8 or 10. Heading into my 60's, I don't frackin care.

Top Bottom