• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Went to town to buy groceries, came home with a Glock 19 9mm. First time purchasing a gun (others are hand me down). The guys at 21st Century Firearms took good care of me. I can't wait to get this little guy out in the range this weekend.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Thats what happens when you go to a gun store to buy groceries.

Hilarious!!!!!!

So, I'm new to the gun "buyer" club as well. Obviously, a lot of the people on this thread are Glock owners. As such, I was hoping I could possibly get some clarity on this. What is the appeal of a Glock? I'm not saying its a bad choice or a good choice. I just don't know. They are obviously a popular firearm, so there has to be something about them that everyone gravitates to. I just want to know, why should I spend my hard earned money on a Glock as opposed to a Walther or a Kel Tec?

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    They should sell groceries at the gun shop, the wife would have no problem getting me to go pick up her "Woman Things". Seriously, I think the Glock 19 is an awesome pistol, great purchase!

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    PlinkKing,

Couple if things led to the Glock for me.When I started looking I was all revolver--simplicity and no concern about performance issues. Also, mourdock a semi was. "supposed" to be metal and look like a 1911.

After spending a ton of time lurking on here the plastic guns started to grow on me. I went in and held the Glock, and m&p, ruger, and kahr. The Glock felt the best for me. I liked the meatier body than on a few. The big factor was their known reliability and the speed and ease of take down and cleaning.

I think personal preference in feel is huge. The it is going to be your gun and you have to like how it feels in your hand.

Good luck making your own choice, and I'm not sure there is a wrong one.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hilarious!!!!!!

So, I'm new to the gun "buyer" club as well. Obviously, a lot of the people on this thread are Glock owners. As such, I was hoping I could possibly get some clarity on this. What is the appeal of a Glock? I'm not saying its a bad choice or a good choice. I just don't know. They are obviously a popular firearm, so there has to be something about them that everyone gravitates to. I just want to know, why should I spend my hard earned money on a Glock as opposed to a Walther or a Kel Tec?

Time proven reliability, easiest tool-free takedown out there, very accurate, lightweight, high-capacity mags that are not only plentiful and interchangeable between same calibers but also easy to find along with reasonably priced. There's more but that's the main things that came to mind. My G17 Gen 4 has 1000 rounds put through it w/ zero failures. I carry it everywhere I go, I trust my life and my loved ones lives with it 24/7. :)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Same here for my Glocks. Wasn't a fan at first, but then eventually got to shoot one and fell in love. The ultimate reliability, accuracy, ergonomics, (for me at least,) and simplicity are hard to beat. Plus, its the gun that something like 50% of the worlds police forces, (estimating here,) use, so its obvious that lots of people in lots of places have evaluated these critically, and they have come out on top.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom