• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    1. Just wait until it blows up and puts your eye out.
    2. 9mm? What, you just want to **** them off?

Just kidding, someone had to say it. Congratulations.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Although the 1911 is still my favorite platform, I have to give credit to Glock for building an excellent platform as well. I have both and enjoy both very much. Enjoy your new purchase and prepare for the next one! :rockwoot:

Hoosier9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Noblesville
    Glock 26

The reasoni like the Glock 26 is because you can buy the bigger mags and get the grip extender making the Glock 26 a 19 or 17... Having the option of all 3 with one gun.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Expat--**** em off with the first couple, but we'll get the job done by the end of the mag.

1911 is still on the list, and higher cal there. I got to slowly work the wife up so I can get her convinced I need one of those black plastic long guns they talk about in the other forum.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Good choice. I love mine.
    001-1.jpg

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Hilarious!!!!!!

So, I'm new to the gun "buyer" club as well. Obviously, a lot of the people on this thread are Glock owners. As such, I was hoping I could possibly get some clarity on this. What is the appeal of a Glock? I'm not saying its a bad choice or a good choice. I just don't know. They are obviously a popular firearm, so there has to be something about them that everyone gravitates to. I just want to know, why should I spend my hard earned money on a Glock as opposed to a Walther or a Kel Tec?

The reason most folks get a glock is 1. Very reliable 2. It's pretty cheap 3. It's stupid proof, anyone can shoot it. Now, a glock over a walther or kel-tec, that's a no brainer, see answer 1. If the glock fits YOU and your style of shooting then you can't go wrong. I have owned many but now own 0, they just don't feel right for ME.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would almost consider a G19, but I cannot stand how they look. I'm picky, I guess... but they're hideous to me. The G30 is a bit more how I think a Glock should look.

gonna have to shoot one someday and see how it feels.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I would almost consider a G19, but I cannot stand how they look. I'm picky, I guess... but they're hideous to me. The G30 is a bit more how I think a Glock should look.

gonna have to shoot one someday and see how it feels.

We've only got 4 different looks of a Glock. Long slides, little bit shorter, little shorter still, and pug nose length.

You think the 19 should be a 26? :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We've only got 4 different looks of a Glock. Long slides, little bit shorter, little shorter still, and pug nose length.

You think the 19 should be a 26? :D

Hm, not that small... I didn't realize the difference between the 17 and 19. I sorta like the 19 a bit more than the 17.... 17 just seems too long and thin...

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    The reason most folks get a glock is 1. Very reliable 2. It's pretty cheap 3. It's stupid proof, anyone can shoot it. Now, a glock over a walther or kel-tec, that's a no brainer, see answer 1. If the glock fits YOU and your style of shooting then you can't go wrong. I have owned many but now own 0, they just don't feel right for ME.

Good Info, Thanks.

I, personally, am not a large guy (only 5'6") and my wife is shorter and fairly small so having a full size gun is a little intimidating for her and doesn't quite fit my hand, which is why I started out with the Walther P22. Something she could handle and something I could take out and shoot as much as I want without spending a ton of money and bruising my hand. On the flip side, I want to get something that I can trust our lives to if (Heaven forbid) I, or she, should ever need to.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Good Info, Thanks.

I, personally, am not a large guy (only 5'6") and my wife is shorter and fairly small so having a full size gun is a little intimidating for her and doesn't quite fit my hand, which is why I started out with the Walther P22. Something she could handle and something I could take out and shoot as much as I want without spending a ton of money and bruising my hand. On the flip side, I want to get something that I can trust our lives to if (Heaven forbid) I, or she, should ever need to.

Have you ever held/shot a .38? The recoil isn't too bad, easy enough to conceal and goes bang every time. Since you are in fishers I would give Indy Gun Safety a call and see what it costs for you and your wife to take a basic handgun/defense class. He is a FFl as well and can get you any toy you need.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Weekend got busy, but I had time to take her out and shoot tonight. I liked her before, but I love her now. Also, cleanup is as easy as advertised. I've only cleaned long guns before, but I had the Glock broke down in thirty seconds and clean and back together in five minutes. She's a dream.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Have you ever held/shot a .38? The recoil isn't too bad, easy enough to conceal and goes bang every time. Since you are in fishers I would give Indy Gun Safety a call and see what it costs for you and your wife to take a basic handgun/defense class. He is a FFl as well and can get you any toy you need.

I have not, but my step-farther-in-law has one and loves it. I think we might try to go shooting this weekend so I may get a chance. My plan, as of now, but as I'm getting more info on Glocks, it may change, was to get a kel tec pf9 to carry and save up for a snubby 357 and keep it loaded with 38sp+p and 357 alternating, to keep at the house for the wife. And once she gets used to shooting, she may want to carry herself. In which case I would insist on taking classes together. As far as a shop is concerned, I work 5 minutes from plainfield shooting supplies, so I got that covered.

Top Bottom