• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Outside of city limits............I'm at a loss as to why this thread even exists.
    The dang crow should be dead and buried, and nobody the wiser.

Guess we live in a new age.[/QUOTE]

We do. And Im not all about losing my right to own firearms over something crazy, thats why Im doing my homework on it!

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I throw old bread out in my back yard (not for crows ) .A crow landed in the back yard , picked up a full piece of bread , walked over to another full piece , set the 1st piece down , laid the 2nd piece on the 1st and flew off with both . I hate crows , but it was awesome to see! That was Monday and I have not seen them again. There is no real point to this post other than it was very cool to see.The devils can think!..:rolleyes: (or stuff 'em full of bread and they'll go away )

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Outside of city limits............I'm at a loss as to why this thread even exists.

Guess we live in a new age.[/QUOTE]

We do. And Im not all about losing my right to own firearms over something crazy, thats why Im doing my homework on it!

Even if you are legal, putting stuff on a forum can get unwanted attention.
    Better IMHO would be to have gone to the DNR website, checked hunting regs, shot the crow and never said crap about it (on or off forum).

Solve problems, without fanfare. That the way of the older age.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Even if you are legal, putting stuff on a forum can get unwanted attention.
    Better IMHO would be to have gone to the DNR website, checked hunting regs, shot the crow and never said crap about it (on or off forum).

Solve problems, without fanfare. That the way of the older age.

You know what makes me laugh the most is that everyone talks about "be informed, know the laws" and soforth... But when you ask a simple question or ask for advice, some folks just got to put in their 2 cents, where it isnt needed.

Yes I know there are other ways to go about doing the research, but I figured asking on here where it is ALL gun fans, and a lot of folks on here are hunters (not only with firearms).. I would be able to get a more sensible answer. Not only did I get my answer, I got a bunch of smartass remarks about MY way of getting the answer to my question(s).

To those that have offered up good answers, and Kirk for the most random pictures and videos I have seen in a while, thank you for your help. To those that just need to find a reason to bash my way of doing my homework on the matter, it really wouldnt bother me in the slightest if I didnt get remarks from you if all they are going to be is bashing...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Guess we live in a new age.
    My uncle used to set decoys and shoot them with a .222 caliber rifle before they were protected. The farmers were very obliging. Yes, things change, but sometimes not for the better. IIRC, adding crows to the list of migratory birds had something to do with Mexico, and I believe it had to do with grackles, not crows. Seemed like it was a typical federal law where they were using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    The CD's I mentioned work. So do blanks. When that doesn't work I use this.
    381051_2043972317189_1780815378_1361396_1371469996_n.jpg

387830_2043970957155_561070080_n.jpg

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    I was asked by a lady at work if I could eliminate a Crow that is raising hell in her yard. Evidently it is killing all sorts of chipmunks, squirrels, doves, etc. and stalking their dogs now. She has requested that I send it's spirit to the afterworld. Ok, Im good with that. They are outside city limits, so there is no issue there. Are there any other issues I should be concerned with? Or just eliminate the crow, toss it in a hole, and call it a day.....

Give it a few weeks and it will get contract the west nile virus and die naturally. I live 20 miles west of Chicago and we had tons of crows but ever since the west nile virus outbreak in 2002 they have died off. Now, I only see one or two every so often. Just wait... or maybe something else will eat it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom