Crowd-sourced list of things that make one too ignorant to discuss gun laws.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "Gun owners are just Rambo wannabes looking for someone to shoot. Get rid of your guns and defend yourself with martial arts like a real man."

So you're accusing me of wanting to be Rambo, but then tell me to act like Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee? :n00b:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You should give up your right to own an AR15 for the greater good.

I was told this several years ago by so-called "conservative" and former Drug Czar Bill Bennett in response to an email I sent him.
    I actually was shocked that he responded to me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You should give up your right to own an AR15 for the greater good.

I was told this several years ago by so-called "conservative" and former Drug Czar Bill Bennett in response to an email I sent him.
    I actually was shocked that he responded to me.

Mmm. I bet he didn't give up his car, or swimming pool (if he has one) for the "greater good".

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The 2A is about muskets.
    My wife just told me today about this great article, and how it explained that the 2nd was about muskets, and the Founding Fathers could not have foreseen the "deadly" weapons of today.
    My response was twofold:
    1. Then you have no freedom of speech anywhere except a hand-pressed newspaper or the town crier.
    2. The "militia" part of the second assures that we are to be armed with the same weapons the military uses.

She seemed nonplussed.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The "Gun Show Loophole."

I mean there is, sort of but not the way they mean it. If I was a restricted person and I wanted a gun, I would hit up a gun show. The dealers are out but there are enough people walking around with something to sell that I might find one that doesn't want to see a LTCH. It's a crap shoot, but it's possible.

Not it that I think guns purchased that way are used in any significant percentage of crimes, but it is a way of avoiding a NICS check.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "muskets"

DcAE0qrVwAAfizf.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The "Gun Show Loophole."

I mean there is, sort of but not the way they mean it. If I was a restricted person and I wanted a gun, I would hit up a gun show. The dealers are out but there are enough people walking around with something to sell that I might find one that doesn't want to see a LTCH. It's a crap shoot, but it's possible.

Not it that I think guns purchased that way are used in any significant percentage of crimes, but it is a way of avoiding a NICS check.

I wouldn’t even call that “sort of” though. Just because a private sale happens in proximity to a gun show doesn’t make it any sort of gun showb loophole. Of course private sales is a way to obtain a firearm illegally. But that’s not a loophole. A law is still broken. We normally think of “loopholes” as some wording in a law that one can exploit which allows a way to do something contrary to the purpose of the law without jeopardy. In this case you still can’t legally have the firearm.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Private sales is not illegal in Indiana.

Well, let me unpack what I meant by that. Being an "improper person" in possession of a firearm is illegal in Indiana and the rest of the country. Private sales is a way of obtaining a firearm as an improper person, and thus a way to obtain a firearm, illegally.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So a prohibited person can legally purchase a firearm through a private sale?

No. A prohibited person can illegally purchase a firearm through a private sale.

The person selling can be prosecuted for selling to a prohibited person. The prosecutor has to prove the seller know the buyer is a prohibited person.

Might be why a lot of people ask to see a LTCH when they sell to another person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Surprised this one hasn't shown up:

"AR-15s weren't around when the 2nd Amendment was drafted, it was applied to muskets."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm a gun owner but...

I'm a veteran. And things were different when I was making Power Point Presentations in the Pentagon. But outside of that, I see no need...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm an ex-officer that now works for CNN as an expert on weapons, even though I don't know how to put the AR into my shoulder, understand cheekweld, or uses terms like "full semi-automatic".

Top Bottom