Crowd-sourced list of things that make one too ignorant to discuss gun laws.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you want to play with weapons of was, you should join the military.
    (Been there, done that, sweetheart)

You don't think you can fight the government, do you?
    (There are more combat trained vets than there are combat trained active duty.)

But they have nukes.
    (Are they going to nuke a city? Big cities tend to be people they're supposed to be protecting. Might convert people against the government)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you want to play with weapons of was, you should join the military.
    (Been there, done that, sweetheart)

You don't think you can fight the government, do you?
    (There are more combat trained vets than there are combat trained active duty.)

But they have nukes.
    (Are they going to nuke a city? Big cities tend to be people they're supposed to be protecting. Might convert people against the government)

I actually used that one once.

"How well do you think your guns will work against nukes?"

Okay. So who exactly are you going to nuke? Do you really think Gun owners all live in one area? How much collateral damage is okay for a nation to inflict on its own people? Have you really thought this out?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I actually used that one once.

"How well do you think your guns will work against nukes?"

Okay. So who exactly are you going to nuke? Do you really think Gun owners all live in one area? How much collateral damage is okay for a nation to inflict on its own people? Have you really thought this out?

Of course they don't think it out.
    Just like most of them never heard of asymmetrical warfare.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    NRA sells guns, promotes death of children, and is against any laws pertaining to guns.
    NRA members want to see people die.
    We don't want to take your guns. Just those baaaad ones over there...
    Repubs are bought by bloody gun money....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NRA sells guns, promotes death of children, and is against any laws pertaining to guns.
    NRA members want to see people die.
    We don't want to take your guns. Just those baaaad ones over there...
    Repubs are bought by bloody gun money....

Yeah. Those are some good ones. The last one is probably most evil right now. This blood money nonsense has to stop.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The "Gun Show Loophole."

I mean there is, sort of but not the way they mean it. If I was a restricted person and I wanted a gun, I would hit up a gun show. The dealers are out but there are enough people walking around with something to sell that I might find one that doesn't want to see a LTCH. It's a crap shoot, but it's possible.

Not it that I think guns purchased that way are used in any significant percentage of crimes, but it is a way of avoiding a NICS check.
    I find it hard to believe that criminals would choose to shop at gun shows, there seem to be too many negatives for them.

Option 1: meet in the parking lot of your favorite bar; swap cash for gun (at 'hot merchandise' price); go inside, have a beer, and laugh about the law abiding suckers who comply with gun laws.

Gun show option:
    1)Stand in the sun/rain in a loooooong line
    2)PAY to get in
    3)Pass through the LEO gauntlet who are checking guns coming inside. Joe thug might be unarmed but he's still got a "professional relationship" with LEO's. "HEY J.T. where do you think you're going?? You're a felon out on bail!!" just isn't what he want's to hear.
    4)Wade shoulder-shoulder through 2 acres of good ole' boys and brothers who like criminals so much that they're on the list of reasons to own guns.
    5)problem #3 still applies because some LEOs shop at gun shows.
    6)After finding someone selling a gun he finds useful--no bolt action rifles plz--he has to haggle with someone who bought it at retail and expects a fair price--not the stolen-pennies-on-the-dollar price he'd pay outside the bar

It's about like choosing to shop at walmart on black friday instead of online.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    technical cluelessness:

"pocket rocket", "saturday night special", "assault weapon...you know, a semi automatic, automatic weapon", CO state rep (thankfully forgot her name): "These magazines are ammunition, and after they're fired, they're gone."

Historical or political ignorance:

"The 2A exists so the states could have militias", "We need to have records checks on gun purchases"

Irrational "thinking" and willful stupidity:

Thinking GFZs--or laws in general--stop violent evil people.

"guns are only made to kill people. You can't defend yourself with a gun."

"You could get injured or killed defending yourself--leave that to the trained professionals!"

"I FEEL so much safer *knowing* that nobody has a gun, I mean they could just snap!"

believing in tooth fairies

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Being a member of the state legislature in Illinois, California, or New York?
    Almost equally as likely on either side of the aisle

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This just came across my Facebook feed:

"You can walk into a gun store and buy an AR-15 without a background check, unlike a handgun that requires a background check and a waiting period."

Top Bottom