• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just left. Sold my Spyderco M390.

Besides some upper end factory knifes, couple custom knifes and grips...this show is and continues to bring junk to the masses.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Wife and I went. I really like this show. Never too crowded, fun to just stroll around.

I mean, most everything is over-priced, and it's like the attack of the Rock Island 1911s and Sig police trade-ins, but it's a gun show. It's leather and surplus, and blasting heat vents, with organic farm smells and stale tobacco clothes. "Did she paint those jeans on," and how many rolls of Israeli bandages could we really need when it's sold in bulk. Two men were trying to open an ammo crate "did they use metric nails on it," "no, I reckon they're standard," but at a gun show, someone is bound to have a conversion crow bar. Arisakas and Mausers mingle with Garands and Lee Enfields and at the end if the day, it's a $3.00 coke, and $6.00 nachos and a military issue field guide for the M1911A1 being read in the car...it's a gun show, and thank God for the loophole, and for these people packed in rows like 4H sheep, and for the families together, and the men who snuck away, and the women newly empowered, and the watchdogs and pamphlets, and the dusty ammo and walnut media, and the whole giant collage of Americana, every weekend in the armories and civic centers, and fairgrounds, and conference halls...I walked with my people and talked and relaxed, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Showed up, met Brad, fondled some ESEE wares. Good time, all around. There was a lady selling very nice belts, I'd say on par with my current, more expensive gun belt.

Need to pick up an ESEE-3.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Wife and I went. I really like this show. Never too crowded, fun to just stroll around.

I mean, most everything is over-priced, and it's like the attack of the Rock Island 1911s and Sig police trade-ins, but it's a gun show. It's leather and surplus, and blasting heat vents, with organic farm smells and stale tobacco clothes. "Did she paint those jeans on," and how many rolls of Israeli bandages could we really need when it's sold in bulk. Two men were trying to open an ammo crate "did they use metric nails on it," "no, I reckon they're standard," but at a gun show, someone is bound to have a conversion crow bar. Arisakas and Mausers mingle with Garands and Lee Enfields and at the end if the day, it's a $3.00 coke, and $6.00 nachos and a military issue field guide for the M1911A1 being read in the car...it's a gun show, and thank God for the loophole, and for these people packed in rows like 4H sheep, and for the families together, and the men who snuck away, and the women newly empowered, and the watchdogs and pamphlets, and the dusty ammo and walnut media, and the whole giant collage of Americana, every weekend in the armories and civic centers, and fairgrounds, and conference halls...I walked with my people and talked and relaxed, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

What no beef jerky?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Big thanks to Brad (and Knife Lady) for the new letter opener!:):

ESEE Laser Strike.:drool:
    IMG124.jpg

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Yes thanks knife lady and brad. My buddy is very happy with his Izula and plans to order more. Im definitly into the laserstrike as well.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I broke my cherry this morning at around 11:30. It was a bad beginning, as I was walking down the ramp to pay to get in there was an old guy about 5 people back with a single shot shotgun that had it pointed at me pretty much the entire way down the ramp. It wasn't intentional, but it was a bit bothersome. He seemed a bit out of sorts and when the cops sitting by the entry table saw them they motioned to him to get his attention, they must have noticed the way he was pointing the gun also.

Once inside I really liked being able to handle a number of guns one right after the other feeling the small nuances between the grips and the way the guns felt in my hands. I just feel on the spot in a gun shop with the salesman staring while I look at them. I didn't buy anything, but found a couple I really liked that were not on my radar. Ill be back for the next show.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I left before that. What was someone from IL doing with a loaded gun in the car?

He was probably unloading/unholstering/reloading/reholstering it before entering/leaving.*

*It is possible for Illinois residents to obtain a non-resident permit from another state that is recognized in Indiana.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    He was probably unloading/unholstering/reloading/reholstering it before entering/leaving.*

*It is possible for Illinois residents to obtain a non-resident permit from another state that is recognized in Indiana.

True, I would like to know if he was legal. He could not have bought that gun at the show, right?

I think NDs at or around gun shows are bad press as well as dangerous.:noway:

Top Bottom