Cuban Flag, "Confederate" Flag Comparison?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there a Difference in the Display of Cuban Vs the "Confederate" Flags?

• Total voters

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There are still a whole lot of people alive who lived through the police brutality and gross injustices of Jim Crow. Their children have first-hand account of how their parents were treated.

I am unsurprised that a whole lot of people don't consider a book closed that was still open and bleeding in living memory.

What is the time frame for when this ends? What generation?
    Remember, there are claims of “systematic oppression” today in 2018.

Is this just going to be a perpetual problem and *****?
    I guess we can check back in 100 years and reevaluate.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Recent events seem to have debunked this belief.

Ah yes, the Sinclair situation. The leftists that are howling over this little blip on the radar were strangely silent when it was found that the DNC was feeding talking points to the major networks. How odd.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah yes, the Sinclair situation. The leftists that are howling over this little blip on the radar were strangely silent when it was found that the DNC was feeding talking points to the major networks. How odd.

I'm just pointing out that the idea that the left overwhelmingly dominates, by an order of magnitude, the media sources, no longer seems to be factually correct (if it ever was). I think now mainstream media simply means national media sources regardless of which way they lean. The left has started to speak of mainstream media just like the right does.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm just pointing out that the idea that the left overwhelmingly dominates, by an order of magnitude, the media sources, no longer seems to be factually correct (if it ever was). I think now mainstream media simply means national media sources regardless of which way they lean. The left has started to speak of mainstream media just like the right does.

I still believe it is overwhelmingly slanted to the left. Certainly this is true for national networks. Don't misunderstand me, I don't like this on the right any more than I like it on the left. But this has been going on with newspapers for a very long time. It was extremely disingenuous of CNN to run that story when they are functioning as the "Pravda" of the DNC.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You did watch the 2016 election returns right?

Almost exclusively a cry fest and anger at Trump winning by every major news network.
    Days afterward ... the breathless anticipation of Jill Stein and her recount (only in places whereas Trump won) and the cry fest when that didn’t put hitlary in the WH.
    You don’t call that a slant for the left? Just unbiased journalism.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Those plucky upstarts on the left will just have to rely on Google, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Conde Nast and all of Hollywood (minus Chris Noland, Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn, Trey Parker/Matt Stone, Rosanne, and Kevin Sorbo).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been busy and out of the loop on current events lately. I'd be interested to know what message got out that the left media didn't control. Can't have been too far spread. I talked to in-laws recently and they still seem oblivious.

Top Bottom