• Status
    Not open for further replies.

deerhunter4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    please help!
    me and my wife registered for LTGP back at the end of December of 2012. She got hers but mine has yet to come. I called the famous number and got a recording. The money orders have been cashed. Any ideas anyone?

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Legal action

Out of curiosity, anyone know if we could sue for descrimanation? My entire family received there LTCH weeks ago. They filed for theirs 2 days after me. I emailed ISP weeks ago and still no responce. Does this mean because I have a misdemeanor that my life is less important then someone with no record?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Out of curiosity, anyone know if we could sue for descrimanation? My entire family received there LTCH weeks ago. They filed for theirs 2 days after me. I emailed ISP weeks ago and still no responce. Does this mean because I have a misdemeanor that my life is less important then someone with no record?

A. I'm pretty sure you can't sue a state agency unless you have been grievously injured.

B. That misdemeanor arrest probably got you yanked out of line until they determine that you are trustworthy enough to have a firearm on your person.

As I've said, just my opinion. I'm just the guy on the next bar stool, waiting like you.

:twocents:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central

You can't Sue them for something like that. .. or at least I'd hope not anyways.

That would just end up driving the prices for our permits. ..wayyyy up. .. Because they'd have to pay insurance to handle all of the frivolous lawsuits.

Here's the answer to your question. .. This was in an email directly from one of the sergeants. .. Over that division and was about an app sent in right at the same time as yours...and the applicant also had a non-violent misdemeanor:

"We haven't processed that date yet.
    All applications that involve criminal history will be reviewed and after the review we will notify applicants of the results.
    Your application will be reviewed and it will delay it for several* more weeks"

SO it looks like what basically happens here is that they get all the apps in...then if there's ANY crim history...it goes into a SEPARATE pile.

Then, I'm guessing, they probably process the non-crim stacks for a few weeks, or maybe even up to a month.?..

After that, maybe that's when they go back and do the reviews on the criminal history stacks ???

Last edited:

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    A. I'm pretty sure you can't sue a state agency unless you have been grievously injured.

B. That misdemeanor arrest probably got you yanked out of line until they determine that you are trustworthy enough to have a firearm on your person.

As I've said, just my opinion. I'm just the guy on the next bar stool, waiting like you.

:twocents:

I've had a license in Alabama since I was 21 without incident. Not really sure what a Yankee state can't figure out that a rebel state can lol

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I wish I had left my juvenile delinquency off of my application. I didn't want to not list it...but it was a minor in consumption charge from 1986 when I was 18 and being rowdy at the race!

What happens if you leave it off the application.....do they just process it?

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I wish I had left my juvenile delinquency off of my application. I didn't want to not list it...but it was a minor in consumption charge from 1986 when I was 18 and being rowdy at the race!

What happens if you leave it off the application.....do they just process it?

Since it happened when you were an adult by law being 18, when they do a back ground check they would have found it, then more than likely denying you your LTCH for falsifying your application, then you would have more than likely had to go through the appeal process delaying it even more...all in all you did the right thing by stating you had the MIC charge...even though it could and will delay your LTCH a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom