• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

packrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Wow! i graduated today, went from counting days to weeks now from weeks to months, 5 months yesterday.
    applied online, finger printed and mailed 11-29-2012 non l1(because my county didn't offer it). dui in 86, have had two 4-year licenses since the dui, I feel like a reitring Dr., running out of patience.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    nvmd...

just called the local Sheriff Dept to find out that the lady never "transmitted" it.... She said she would call the state and try to get it rushed, but I'm not holding my breath

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Generic Reply

I sent ISP an email on April 12, and received a generic email this morning in response to my update request. The only bit of info that I did not provide them was my birthday. Has anyone else gotten a b.s. cookie cutter reply?

We are receiving a large amount of emails asking for their status. Most give the date they applied as a reference. The date of application only starts the process. It is the date we actually receive all the information that we need to locate information on your application. When you apply that is only one of the steps. There is the local check and fingerprints. When you send the prints in by mail, there is an application, fingerprint card and money order in the envelope you (or PD) mails to the bank. The bank cashes the money order and sends the application and the verification of payment to us. That is the date we need to locate your application. There can be weeks or even Months between when you apply and when we receive the application. After we receive it (it comes from the bank in bundles) it is filed in order received. Currently it takes 8 weeks for us to begin processing the electronic fingerprints and 16 weeks if you mailed the application and prints to us.

If you call the number on the back of the money order, the bank can tell you when the money order was cashed. That will estimate the time we would receive it. Add 8 weeks if electronic fingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submitted fingerprints NOT the application process on line), and;
    Add 16 weeks if you mailed them. Your license will be issued the same day we begin processing it, if you have no previous arrest. If you have an arrest that was either dismissed, not filed, or deferred etc., the processing time will be delay substantially. All criminal convictions will be reviewed as well.

If you find the time has substantially passed from the date the money order was cashed by 18 to 20 weeks, we will attempt to resolve the issue. Prior to that, we may not have even begun to process it. Do not forget to include your date of birth when responding in the future.
    Regards,

Mark S.(Butch) Michael, Sergeant
    Indiana State Police
    Firearms Section/Rm302
    100 N. Senate Ave.
    Indianapolis, In. 46204
    See the Firearms Section's FAQ page for more info on Indiana handgun laws at: ISP: Firearms FAQs .

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication

Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 9:39 AM
    To: ISP Firearms Questions
    Subject: LTCH Info

Hello,

I know you all are doing the best you can with the extremely high volume of applications, and I appreciate your effort. I am wondering if I could get an update on the status of my application. Application number is 014550xxxx, the money order was cashed on 2-7-2013. My name is Christopher Wayne xxxxxx, my traditional fingerprints were taken on 2-1-2013. I appreciate everyone's effort, and I hope you all know you service to the citizens of Indiana is a welcome one.

Hope you have a good day,
    Christopher W. xxxxxx

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    haha .. yes I got the EXACT same email!!! Followed up by a non-cookie cutter email ... Its so blatantly clear that they aren't really reading most emails!!! Ill past mine in here in a couple mins in chronological order. Mine actually did include my DOB! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Here is my initial email to the ISP requesting a status of my application that I dropped off in downtown Indy on Nov 7th.

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:42 PM
    Subject: LTCH Applied Nov7[/FONT]

I was looking to find out the status of my application. I submitted all of my paperwork, prints (paper) and money orders on Nov 7, 2012. I do not know what date the money order was cashed on.

Thank you for your time and service.

**My Full Name** (**My Date of Birth**)
    **My Street Address**
    Indianapolis, IN

Then after ~2 weeks I received this thoughtful email from the ISP

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Monday, April 15, 2013 2:20 PM
    To: Me
    Subject: RE: LTCH Applied Nov7[/FONT]

We are currently issuing handgun license if you have utilized the inkless fingerprinting option in 8 weeks and 16 weeks if you have been fingerprinted by your local authority and mailed in.

Call the number on the back of the money order and the bank can tell you when it was cashed. Add 8 weeks if electronic fingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submitted fingerprints NOT the application process on line), you should receive your license if there are no complications in 8 weeks.

If you submitted a fingerprint card with fingerprints being taken by your local authority, it will take approximately 16 weeks to begin processing your license. Utilize the same procedure mentioned above to estimate when you will receive your handgun license. Do not forget to include your date of birth (Provided in my 1st email) when responding in the future.
    Regards,

[FONT=&quot]Mark S.(Butch) Michael, Sergeant[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indiana State Police [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Firearms Section/Rm302[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]100 N. Senate Ave.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indianapolis, In. 46204[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]bmichael@isp.in.gov[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Office: 317-232-8269[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Fax: 317-233-9730[/FONT]

So, since they didn't read my 1st email i then immediately responded with this email!!

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Monday, April 15, 2013 2:38 PM

Unfortunately, I have misplaced my money order receipt so I cannot call in and see when it was cashed. I do know that I dropped off the money orders and did my paper print all down town in Indy on Nov.7.

So even if the MO wasn’t cashed until Nov 19 .. today would be 21 weeks that I’ve been waiting.

Since I am well past the estimated time frame and I am quickly coming up on the 6 month mark I was hoping to get a more in depth idea of where my application is in the process and an idea of when I could expect the license to be mailed.

My information is as follows,
    Thank you for your time and service.

**My Full Name** (**My Date of Birth**)
    **My Street Address**
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks!

To which I had to wait 2 more weeks to get the cookie cutter email as seen in the previous post!! Other than holding the chronological order of things its the same as the previous members post.

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:05 PM

We are receiving a large amount of emails asking for their status. Most give the date they applied as a reference. The date of application only starts the process. It is the date we actually receive all the information that we need to locate information on your application. When you apply that is only one of the steps. There is the local check and fingerprints. When you send the prints in by mail, there is an application, fingerprint card and money order in the envelope you (or PD) mails to the bank. The bank cashes the money order and sends the application and the verification of payment to us. That is the date we need to locate your application. There can be weeks or even Months between when you apply and when we receive the application. After we receive it (it comes from the bank in bundles) it is filed in order received. Currently it takes 8 weeks for us to begin processing the electronic fingerprints and 16 weeks if you mailed the application and prints to us.

If you call the number on the back of the money order, the bank can tell you when the money order was cashed. That will estimate the time we would receive it. Add 8 weeks if electronic fingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submitted fingerprints NOT the application process on line), and;
    Add 16 weeks if you mailed them. Your license will be issued the same day we begin processing it, if you have no previous arrest. If you have an arrest that was either dismissed, not filed, or deferred etc., the processing time will be delay substantially. All criminal convictions will be reviewed as well.

If you find the time has substantially passed from the date the money order was cashed by 18 to 20 weeks, we will attempt to resolve the issue. Prior to that, we may not have even begun to process it. Do not forget to include your date of birth when responding in the future.
    Regards,

[FONT=&quot]Mark S.(Butch) Michael, Sergeant[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indiana State Police [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Firearms Section/Rm302[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]100 N. Senate Ave.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indianapolis, In. 46204[/FONT]

Then barely one minute later I received ANOTHER email not quite so cookie cutter but equally as unhelpful!

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:07 PM

Use the last action you took and add 16 weeks minimum.

And that's where I stand, one month later after emailing in about the status of my application that I dropped off on Nov 7th! I receive multiple emails mostly auto-replies that they just cut and pasted in and sent out, probably in bulk, I still have no clue what the heck is taking them so long.

They are not even trying to look anything up, they just say the same things over and over again. Asking for info that is obviously provided in the request for information.

If I did my job like these people are doing I would be FIRED!

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I really don't consider those a "response" ... They are just cutting and pasting the info in there and aren't even looking at the email they are replying to. I'm surprised that they do not have an auto reply set up just to send the same email out to anyone who has the nerve to request info. At least then it would be immediate and not take 2 weeks to get any response.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    L1 91 days ago.

You and me both. L1 112 days ago (Jan 8) - and paid cash, no money mrder to wait for or track. I was able to actually talk to someone at ISP 2 weeks ago and they stated that they didnt receive my app until Jan 24 (THANKS LOCAL PD!!!). But even still, that was 96 days ago (over 13 weeks). Record so clean you could eat off it. I see posts from people that applied AFTER Jan 24, and have received their LTCH. :dunno: :(

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    At least you got a email responce. I emailed almost 6 weeks ago and still haven't received a responce

Yep, I emailed them 4-2. Have never got a response. I called 4-15 and was lucky enough that someone answered the phone and I explained my situation and that is when I was told that my app wasnt received until 1-24 (even though I applied, with cash and L1 on 1-8) and at that time they were working on those apps.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I received my Lifetime in the mail yesterday. I went into the Marion County city/county building on Dec. 21st (may have been the 20th) to renew my 4 year license. Did everything there the old fashioned way and paid with a postal money order. It was just over 4 months total, which is what the lady told me. So that's my info if anyone wants to compare how you did it and when you might receive yours. I don't know if it matters that I still held a valid LTCH when I applied (expires in August).

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I tried to call the morning that I sent the email and only recieved a recorded message which basically said the same thing as the cookie cutter "response" email. This Thursday will be the end of the 12th week since my money order was cashed, another 4-8 weeks >.< if the recording/auto-reply is to be believed. I have a clean record so HOPEFULLY it will be done by the end of July. /sigh

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Well day 117 has come and gone...no pink paper...this is really getting old FAST...think I will call my local PD and ask them to run my name and DOB to see if it has been issued...hmm...just a thought

TheCapt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Portage, IN
    Here's my update...

L-1 on 4/17
    Sheriff's Dept on 4/19
    MO Cashed 4/26

...and now the waiting officially begins. Judging from the cookie cutter responses people are getting I should have my license by June 21. I'll be waiting patiently. :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom