• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    My status went to approved within 1 day of submitting my fingerprints and paying the local fee. I was excited to see it happen that quickly. I don't have my permit in hand yet but I'm sure it won't take long now.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    my 4 year expires next month switching to the lifetime this go around. Filed online thursday, printed and paid local fees Monday. Says pending local approval still so its the waiting game I suppose.

Today is Thursday so 1 week since I filled out my online application. Today it went from "Pending Local Approval" to "Pending ISP approval" so hopefully....soon

Last edited:

hawkns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2015
    Elkhart County
    The online FAQ actually indicates now, to expect approval in 5-10 business days if you used electronic fingerprinting. Up to 60 days for paper. That was my mistake, I did the paper out of what I thought was convenience since I had to go to the local PD anyway. Still pending after mailing my stuff mid February.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Don't feel bad Hawkns , I did mine the old way too. I paid and mailed prints Jan 26 and 7 days later I went from waiting on local to waiting on ISP.. Been their ever since.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Forgot to update: I've had my LTCH since 2013 but wanted the new plastic card since it looks more legit when travelling out of state and to correct a typo in my street address.

Paid for the duplicate on 3/19 and received on 3/30.

Added the photo for those just joining us who may not know what the old licenses looked like.

So, is there anything on the back of the new one or did they just leave off all of the regulatory information that was on the old one ?

I got a really heavy lamination job done on mine, so they are almost as rigid as a credit card. But I do agree - the new ones look more official.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    My son did paper prints. Sent in Dec 2014 just received it April 2015 but they did send him the hard card even though he didn't pay the extra for one!

DIGGERDAVIS1175

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2015
    Cicero
    I did electronic finger prints and paid local on 2/8. Paid the state and did the application on 12/20/14. Can anyone tell me the wait time on LTCH? I do have a background. I know that it will take a little longer but just wanting to get an idea on wait time.

Tcam2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Avon
    I did electronic finger prints and paid local on 2/8. Paid the state and did the application on 12/20/14. Can anyone tell me the wait time on LTCH? I do have a background. I know that it will take a little longer but just wanting to get an idea on wait time.
    Honestly in your case I would just carry long gun until LTCH showsup in mail since any kind of history will trigger an extensive background check.. Sorry

Glockblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm trying to figure out what to do and I could use some advice. I applied 2/23/2015, printed on 3/2/2015, and I am still at "pending ISP approval". I called ISP to check and they said they can't talk to me about it and I would have to call my local sheriff. I call the local office and they said they would call in for me. They just called me back today and said the state pretty much told them that I'll get it eventually and I'll just have to wait (they mentioned 8 weeks, which has already passed). The person from the sheriff's office said they were pretty rude to her about it and that I was not the only one with this issue. Now they are just holding my money and meanwhile people on here are getting them in 5-10 days. Is there anyway I can get my money back or someone I can call to complain? I don't necessarily NEED the permit but I don't appreciate them holding my money while refusing to provide information to me.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Lol... I have been a month longer than you.. Same stuff, my local police dept is so frustrated with having to call the SP. I have thought about calling the Governers office and see if they have a person to talk to about it, but its probably not worth it..

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm trying to figure out what to do and I could use some advice. I applied 2/23/2015, printed on 3/2/2015, and I am still at "pending ISP approval". I called ISP to check and they said they can't talk to me about it and I would have to call my local sheriff. I call the local office and they said they would call in for me. They just called me back today and said the state pretty much told them that I'll get it eventually and I'll just have to wait (they mentioned 8 weeks, which has already passed). The person from the sheriff's office said they were pretty rude to her about it and that I was not the only one with this issue. Now they are just holding my money and meanwhile people on here are getting them in 5-10 days. Is there anyway I can get my money back or someone I can call to complain? I don't necessarily NEED the permit but I don't appreciate them holding my money while refusing to provide information to me.

Any arrest record in your past ? That can significantly delay the process.

Tcam2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Avon
    Any arrest record in your past ? That can significantly delay the process.

If you were printed 3-2-15 your 60 days are up in may so you are on the normal timeframe timeframe and as they probably have told you the same timeframe as many of us... Just like a firearm purchase, the info on your application dictates the time in which you'll receive...if u don't have a record then ISP doesn't do background check, if so be prepared to hurry and wait as they say in the military

Tcam2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Avon
    Any way it goes this process is 100× faster than it used to be crimimal record or not..I first was licenced in 2010, applied in January recieved LTCH in August with a clean background(no exaggeration)

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Everybody chill and be thankful you aren't me. I'm always snakebit when it comes to having to wait for anything. I have never NOT fallen through a crack.

Filled out online and did the electronic prints, paid the local on 10/6/14. Pending local approval month after month. Started calling the locals about March but either couldn't get through or got lost in their voicemail system. Finally after 5 1/2 mos I was told it could take 6 mos and to not bother calling until then. At 6 1/2 mos it was still pending local approval and I finally got through to the actual guy in charge. To his credit, he took my number and said he'd look into it. Less than a half hour later he called me back and apologized profusely. They had sent my app to state way back when but said state had 'lost' it. Maybe,.....whatever. Anyway, he had resubmitted and the website showed pending ISP approval later that day. That was 4/20. Been pending ISP ever since so I'm creeping up on 7 mos now.

This is nothing. I once went 6 yrs on an NFA transfer and that was dealer-to-dealer. I once went 2 yrs on a form5 just trying to get my own gun back from the gunsmith(and he was a buddy of mine so I know the delay wasn't on his end).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom