• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I got mine 3 weeks after applying, sort of a renewal, had a larry, and moved to Virginia. I had a permit for Virginia, while my Indiana was still valid (though not recognized there, then) Indiana larry expired while in Va. Moved back to Indiana and 3 weeks after finger prints got the plastic larry. My wife on the other hand applied in March, and is still waiting (first time application)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    dad finally put in his app on friday, got printed and payed local feels yesterday now the wait is one

he got it on monday. Carried his 1911 ( the same one i usually carry but i was at work so now carry for me) and decided he doesn't want to carry a full size gun anymore which means....NEW GUN coming soon!!!!!

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    It took a few weeks. The big issue was trying to get our permits in the middle of the changes last fall. Some of the agencies involved seemed to have no idea of the new rules or how to steer us through the chaos.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I finally got the wife to get her LTCH. After all the running around and mailing...less than a week it arrived (6 days to be exact)!

mlapaglia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    United States
    4/25/2015 - applied online
    4/29/2015 - fingerprints and local paperwork submitted
    4/29/2015 - pending local approval
    4/30/2015 - pending isp approval

so 3 weeks on Friday. :(

I got in trouble as a minor but it didn't result in an arrest or felony or going to court, would that affect it?

Glockblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just an update with anyone that has a record. I'm sitting at ISP pending approval since 3/9/15

Same here. Pending ISP approval since 3/2/15.

I have been in contact with my local sheriff's office and last week they said that my app was just updated to "stage 3", which she said means they are at the point where they decide "yes or no". One week later, and I'm still pending and getting more frustrated. I'm going to call local again tomorrow and see if they will call ISP again for me. For the record, the lady at the sheriff's office seems almost as frustrated as I am with the delay but she insists that there is nothing else she can do even though it's well past the 60 day mark.

Tcam2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Avon

I have been in contact with my local sheriff's office and last week they said that my app was just updated to "stage 3", which she said means they are at the point where they decide "yes or no". One week later, and I'm still pending and getting more frustrated. I'm going to call local again tomorrow and see if they will call ISP again for me. For the record, the lady at the sheriff's office seems almost as frustrated as I am with the delay but she insists that there is nothing else she can do even though it's well past the 60 day mark.

Pending since March 14...local agencies won't give me any more info, going on 75 days since submitted application so I sent in firearm inquiry email last night... Hope that helps

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Well, I think I may have a record here folks. My wife went to get prints and pay the fees last Tuesday (5-19), was approved that Thursday (5-21). Now based on how quick mine came in the mail, I'm expecting she gets hers this Tuesday. Update to follow.

mlapaglia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    United States
    I got approved today, so just under a month. I sent an email to the ISP, they responded saying I that criminal history makes the approval take longer. He said that my application had been approved and I need to wait a week for it to arrive. Not sure if he manually pushed the application through or if it would have completed today anyway. I had a few stupid issues when I was a teenager that must have come up, over 12 years ago?

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Well, I think I may have a record here folks. My wife went to get prints and pay the fees last Tuesday (5-19), was approved that Thursday (5-21). Now based on how quick mine came in the mail, I'm expecting she gets hers this Tuesday. Update to follow.

Exactly 7 days, from prints to pink plastic in hand. The wife started on 5-19 with prints and fees, got the card in the mail today 5-26. Is this a record or something?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Exactly 7 days, from prints to pink plastic in hand. The wife started on 5-19 with prints and fees, got the card in the mail today 5-26. Is this a record or something?

I finally got the wife to get her LTCH. After all the running around and mailing...less than a week it arrived (6 days to be exact)!

Wife beat her by 1 day!

Glockblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Indianapolis

So it looks like submitting an email inquiry is key. I finally sent it yesterday (which was day 85 since I was printed) and they emailed me today saying that I was APPROVED and my license will be mailed out today! Long wait but I can't wait to finally get it.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    applied for mine 5-9, finger printed 5-15, approved 5-18 and in the mail 5-23. After reading the horror stories here was worried it'd take forever (and even the 2 weeks it did take felt like forever). Guess it helps having a clean record, just glad to finally have it.

mbrinker96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Brownsburg
    Applied, got fingerprints, and turned everything in 5/27. Approved 5/28, and received my license 6/1. 5 days from turning everything in to the time I got my license.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Wow, that's gotta be pushing a record. Does anybody know what the record actually is? Congrats on the license, make it part of your every day life

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I live in Muncie and I think my local PD isn't fond of citizens carrying. They have been dragging their feet. Here is the email exchange.

Me: I turned in my fingerprint form and paid my local fees on 5/21/15 for my gun permit. Yet when I check the state's site it says "Pending Local Approval". Is there a reason for the delay?

Records Dept: We do our own background checks prior to submitting them to the State Police with our recommendation. Sometimes there are a very large number of them to do at one time, along with the many other responsibilities we are tasked with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom