• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    How on earth is this happening? Some of us submitted months before that.

Beginning to wonder if different counties are taking longer than others forwarding the paper work up the chain to the State Police. I know when I went the L1 route and did the paper work in Hamilton County, I believe the lady at the Sheriff's office sent the paper work electronically right then and now to the SP while I was in the office. Maybe other counties are not sending the paper work in a timely manner or by snail mail?

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I applied last week.. I actually mailed mine in myself.. Morgan County..
    does the Sheriff Dept normally hold on to it?
    Last person I knew that went Morgan County got theirs in 2 weeks

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I applied last week.. I actually mailed mine in myself.. Morgan County..
    does the Sheriff Dept normally hold on to it?
    Last person I knew that went Morgan County got theirs in 2 weeks

Morgan county here. Mailed it myself. It's been 12 weeks since my money order was cashed.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    The state of Indiana needs to get off its dead ass and hire more
    people.

This wait time is beyond rediculous.:xmad:

Signed Mr Pissedoff

growler46901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Applied on 12/20 in Howard county. The lady doing the application said it might take 12 weeks because they are very busy on the state end. I'll let ya'll know when I get it.

Growler

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I just got off the phone with ISP and the lady informed me that my license will be issued today and go out in the mail tomorrow. Total time of 12 weeks and 2 days since the money order was cashed.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    You don't need a license to carry a holster. :D

Carry my empty holster and spare mag daily.

If the wait had been, lets say, two months, I wouldn't be complaining. But the amount of time this is taking is quite literally unconstitutional. The ISP seems to be selecting applications at random to process instead of taking them through as they come in. I see no alternative to this misconduct being entirely intentional on their part. A mass phone call campaign by us is needed, or something. Anything. But this cannot go on. I've worked in the service industry for years, and I'm not trying to sound like out of control customer, but how many people does it really take to make two phone calls, look something up, and fill out a piece of paper? There cannot be more than a few thousand outstanding applications at any given time.

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I did the L1 thing and filled the form out online. Went to the St. Joe county PD to pay. I'm assuming it was all transmitted....waiting and trying to be patient!

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!

If the wait had been, lets say, two months, I wouldn't be complaining. But the amount of time this is taking is quite literally unconstitutional. The ISP seems to be selecting applications at random to process instead of taking them through as they come in. I see no alternative to this misconduct being entirely intentional on their part. A mass phone call campaign by us is needed, or something. Anything. But this cannot go on. I've worked in the service industry for years, and I'm not trying to sound like out of control customer, but how many people does it really take to make two phone calls, look something up, and fill out a piece of paper? There cannot be more than a few thousand outstanding applications at any given time.

Im with you, this waiting time is total bull :poop:!!!!

Ive had 2 4473 approvalls since Ive been waiting for my LTCH.

I was delayed each time but only a few days, if the FBI thinks Im
    ok what the hell is the state doing?

And of course no litch in mail today.:rolleyes:

Jimmy

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012

Just out of curiosity, have you tried calling and explaining that you know of other people being processed and accepted even though you know you submitted your application before them? If I remember correctly you have been waiting around six months, right? Surely a stern call and some kindness could get the issue sorted out.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    110 of the 114 posts Lethgar has are in this thread. If he ever gets his LTCH we'll likely never hear from him again!!!

J/K, even though I finally got mine I still check this thread and get excited for others when they get theirs, especially when they've waited for ever.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried calling and explaining that you know of other people being processed and accepted even though you know you submitted your application before them? If I remember correctly you have been waiting around six months, right? Surely a stern call and some kindness could get the issue sorted out.

This is how I finally got mine. Firm, polite persistence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom