• Status
    Not open for further replies.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    That is such bull**** IMHO!!! The app plainly asks if you were CONVICTED not have you ever been arrested or looked at sideways or even near a LEO! They draw out the process as long as humanly possible and then they start denying people for BS reasons like this. I feel for ya Miller and if you weren't pissed off enough before I'm pissed off for you!!! :ar15::ar15::xmad:

ohh, so your pissed because he didn't read the question correctly? :n00b:

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

You took it completely differently then I took it. I thought he was pissed because ISP cashed the money order and then took 7 months to inform him he was denied although the state gaurentees an answer with in 60 days....... You have to admit, that is kind of rediculous..... I can understand being over whelmed but they are opening the envelope, grabbing the check, cashing them, then throwing the applications into a pile to sit.

MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell

I did read it correctly and the woman I talked to confirmed that it was because "I didn't list my arrest"
    I have no convictions on my record. So yes its annoying that I now have to appeal and take a day off work to go explain myself when the question on the application clearly asks for convictions and not arrests. I even went as far as to do a background check on myself to make sure I had no misdemeanors because I was arrested in 2006 for OUI but wasnt convicted.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    was there any kind of fee for the appeal? Surely theres like a cover charge for entering the building.. I swear, if the government was as good at serving us, as it was at serving itself, America would have the most happy people on earth in it.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Applied L1 12-28
    Still waiting

I think the last week of December saw an explosion of applications.

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    You took it completely differently then I took it. I thought he was pissed because ISP cashed the money order and then took 7 months to inform him he was denied although the state gaurentees an answer with in 60 days....... You have to admit, that is kind of rediculous..... I can understand being over whelmed but they are opening the envelope, grabbing the check, cashing them, then throwing the applications into a pile to sit.

State law requires an agency receiving funds to deposit the funds in 24 hours, or the next business day if received on the weekends, they're not doing it just to a-holes.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    State law requires an agency receiving funds to deposit the funds in 24 hours, or the next business day if received on the weekends, they're not doing it just to a-holes.

I know and I do understand. It just starts getting frustrating after awhile. But in that guys case, it took 7 months just to get denied. That is a little on the crazy side with today's technology.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The most frustrating thing to me is that we can't check status online. I realize that knowing the status won't make you get it any quicker, but it's nice to know.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013

He did read the question correctly and he answered honestly.. No where on the LTCH app does it ask about arrests.. only convictions... As it should, because honestly anyone could mistakenly be arrested for something. Innocent until proven guilty means something in this country, an arrest does not assign guilt. So an arrest record means NOTHING. Just because someone at ISP was in a ****ty mood or just felt like messing with someone they decided that they could waste however many months of Millers time and now they are forcing him to go to of his way and bend over even further backwards so that he can exercise his constitutional rights to legally bear arms.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I couldn't agree more. But, then again, that's more tax money being spent somewhere its really not needed. :-(

Perhaps, but it would save us money we're spending to have someone sit there and answer the phone to check the status of applications for us. Would probably free up a person to do something else. :dunno: Sure would be handy though! :):

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My wife completed the L1 fingerprinting and dropped off her $50 w/the FWPD today. I'm rather curious to see how long it will take now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom