• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Evansville
    The State Police are required by law to process the permit in 6 weeks. But, there is no penalty for them if they don't. If you don't have your's in 6 weeks or less than contact your state Rep. or Senator or the Mike Pence's office.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The State Police are required by law to process the permit in 6 weeks. But, there is no penalty for them if they don't. If you don't have your's in 6 weeks or less than contact your state Rep. or Senator or the Mike Pence's office.

Welcome to INGO! :ingo:

rogerdt99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Applied online L1 on 1/2/2013, paid with credit card. Had fingerprints done in Clark County on 1/15/2013 and paid local PD in New Albany on 1/15/2013.

Received my pretty pink letter on 4/6/2013, about 11 1/2 weeks. I also have a clean record.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    This is getting to be funny, or sad, not sure which one.

I received this response from ISP this morning...............

RE: LTCH Application Status
    Sent By:
    "ISP Firearms Questions" <ISPFirearmsQuestions@isp.IN.gov> On: Apr 04/08/13 6:12 AM
    To: Steve Smith
    "ISP Firearms Questi...
    + Add to Address Book

Mr. Smith,

Your application has been received and is being processed. I apologized for the delay, however, due to the unprecedented high volume of applications we are experiencing longer delays in processing than normal. Therefore, based on your application date you should anticipate another couple weeks before expecting to receive your permit. Thank you for your patience, understanding and your email.

Captain Michael Snider
    Indiana State Police
    Records Divsion
    100 N. Senate Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Office: (317) 233-6055

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:38 PM
    To: ISP Firearms Questions
    Subject: LTCH Application Status

I am curious if you could please provide any update on the status of my Lifetime LTCH Application. It has been 10 weeks since I applied and I dont even know if my application is in the que.

Steven A. Smith
    DOB XX-XX-XXXX
    Applied online 01-07-2013, paid online via credit card.
    L1 fingerprints on 01-08-2013, paid local PD (City of Lawrence PD) in cash on 01-08-2013.

I sincerely appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Steve Smith

Note that the above reply is a response to an email I sent MARCH 21!!! LOL!!

Oh well, at least they responded and have confirmed they have my app and are processing it. I did respond thanking them for the update.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    That sounded like a very personal email. I am so glad that they took the extra time to put the "copy and paste" touch to that personalized email. I am still waiting on a response to my email on why everyone around me received their and they applied 2 days after me

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I paid my state fees at the time of L-1 fingerprinting, and paid cash at the local PD. I kept calling the local until they said they sent it and emailed the state (ISP). When the local PD said they sent it, the state replied that they got it. I didn't need a money order receipt this way.

Before the local PD sent it, the state said they couldn't start the process. After local sent it, I asked the state when it would be accepted and they gave me a time range based on when they received the state funds. This leads me to believe that state money receipt starts the processing, but when they receive local approval ties their hands and adds however long that takes to the overall process.

Hope this makes sense and sheds some light.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    To clarify, it sounded from what the ISP said that they make piles based on state fee receipt. Then they work on the oldest pile first. So if they received your state money on Feb 1, but local didn't send the local app approval until a week later, that gives them a week before they have to start it, but when they do get it from local they would put it in the Feb 1 pile.

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Non-L1 mailed 1/3 they cashed the money orders on 1/11 wife an I in Europe on vacation till the 18th..hope our little pink permission slips are waiting for us when we get home.

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    on my 16th week non l1,
    hopefully this is the week! I still haven't bought a handgun tho, so oh well! Just thought i'd get my carry license for future

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Woooo-hooooo!! It arrived today! L-1, paid local on 1/10/13, spotless record.

For the record, neither the Kinkos nor Office Depot in EVV would copy it for me. Both have been told by the local sheriff's office not to. OD did, however, sell me 20 sheets of titty pink copy paper for 43 cents. I'll just use my AIO inkjet to make the copies.

To quote Hickock45 - Life IS good!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

For the record, neither the Kinkos nor Office Depot in EVV would copy it for me. Both have been told by the local sheriff's office not to. OD did, however, sell me 20 sheets of titty pink copy paper for 43 cents. I'll just use my AIO inkjet to make the copies.

Good on ya. I should be close. :D

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

Great.....now I gotta find someone new to complain with lol. Glad you got it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom