Don't give up hope everyone

:thumbsup:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Completed L1 Process 1/28. Clean record and previous LTCH holder.

Today marked 12 weeks exactly. Still waiting. Hopefully will see pink in the mail tomorrow or Wed. Patiently waiting...... :coffee:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Completed L1 Process 1/28. Clean record and previous LTCH holder.

Today marked 12 weeks exactly. Still waiting. Hopefully will see pink in the mail tomorrow or Wed. Patiently waiting...... :coffee:

Danville PD or HCSD ? If you did the Sheriff, I wouldn't hold my breath. They seem to be sitting on apps for at least 2 weeks. I did L1 on 1-10 and paid HCSD same day. Nothing yet.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    Still waiting on a reply to the email I sent 3 weeks ago. Plus I just got the news that a buddy of mine who applied two weeks after me got his LTCH today in the mail.....I'm starting to get worried

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Fallenangel...my frustration comes from the fact that I did L1 and paid county cash on 12/26 and county didn't even transmit until I called them when Indy told me they hadn't received my app yet! that was in February! due to incompetence at county i'm dealing with an extra 2 months tacked on to my wait! I have had one speeding ticket that the judge tore up 6 years ago and i'm still waiting!

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    Completed L-1 process 1/29, received pink paper today 4/22.

Maybe I should get a holster...

My only question is the "SIGNATURE" text. It says this at the bottom of the outlined card, but it does not actually say you must sign (like your vehicle registration). I guess I'll sign it, but the document should spell this out.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Completed L-1 process 1/29, received pink paper today 4/22.

Maybe I should get a holster...

My only question is the "SIGNATURE" text. It says this at the bottom of the outlined card, but it does not actually say you must sign (like your vehicle registration). I guess I'll sign it, but the document should spell this out.

*Gitty* I finished everything up Feb. 8th. Getting close? :dunno: I don't even have anything to carry, or a holster. Can't even buy anything from an FFL, I'm only 20. :( Either way, I'm sure a private seller will be much more inclined to sell to an individual who can present a valid Indiana LTCH. :ar15:

When I first applied I told myself I wouldn't start checking the mail box until at least 9 weeks even though I was told 4 weeks. Turns out, the 4 week mark started the mad dash and hopeful search, knowing nothing would be there. It only gets worse. :ingo:

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Day 110 no Pink Permission Slip
    Applied Online 1/3
    Non-L1 1/3
    Mailed 1/3
    Cashed MO on 1/11
    I think it will be this week....I expected the wait going Non-L1...so its really nothing to get all worked up about

Last edited:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    So, I was able to get thorough on the phone this morning and I must have sounded pathetic enough and the fact that I said up front that I applied in NOV! may have been a factor in why she actually helped me. But she was able to look up my application and she was able to tell me that they have it and it is "in the process" and that they must be waiting on some paperwork because according to the computer no one has done anything with it since MARCH 5th!!!! I wanted to start getting mad when I heard that, but I didn't, it isn't this poor womans fault.

I then explained about my "snafu" and how I had already worked with the FBI on my records and everything in January and and was all clear as far as they were concerned. She then passed me along to someone else (male, assuming an officer) and he just blew me off, "any time there's a criminal record it does take significantly longer." Once again I wanted to yell in the phone (the applications just been sitting there for 2 frakin' months!!!) but instead I just nicely asked if there was anything that I could do to help the process. He replied that there wasn't anything I could do, that if they needed anything from me that they would let me know.

This is the kind of BS that I cannot stand. They have a lot of apps, ok that sucks you're busy, we get it. But they are just tossing applications in the corner and letting them sit!! There has to be SOMETHING I can do to get them to do their jobs!!?? I know for a fact what the hold up is and that it's a non-issue! I have been cleared by the FBI already!! But the ISP is more than happy to leave my file sitting there with no follow up for 2 months and I'm sure it will sit there even longer because they don't care one bit how long it takes or that I paid in full last year, 6 MONTHS AGO!!

I am at a loss here .. this just sucks and is complete and utter BS. But seriously wtf can someone do. Call the cops?? :P

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    L1 on 1/29. Think I did online app 1 wk before I think.( too long ago ) I think I might stalk mailman this week

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I wonder if it would help to contact our state reps? Doubt there's much they can do but maybe it would start a little fire under those processing the apps?

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I think the reason most people don't think to push the issue and post up outside of this thread is that we know and understand that they got flooded with apps and that the process can take a little while. Most people never know why it's taking so long .. I just got lucky enough to get the one person on the phone that would talk to me and she flat out told me that it's just sitting there untouched and has been since March 5th. Had she not told me that, I could have only guessed that it was my fault for my "snafu" or that they are THAT backed up even though people who submitted after me with "snafus" are getting their LTCH's.

Their ISP's saving grace is the lack of transparency, we have no idea if or how well they are doing their jobs and if we call to ask them they tell us that they aren't accepting phone calls! We email they take 2-4 weeks to respond and the responses are typically a canned email stating what we already know! There needs to be something here, some kind of oversight that helps people in my situation. That helps ensure that my app doesn't sit in the corner for 2 months without any sort of follow up.

Hell I could have went and picked up certified court documents and hand delivered them to the ISP by now!! that was one helpful thing with the FBI, they asked for any important documents that may help int he process. So I was able to get copies of everything and send that along with my paper finger prints and they knocked that out in less than 2 months and I have to think that the FBI NICS center has a larger caseload than the ISP firearms division.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom