• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Well I found this website when trying to find the LTCH wait times and since I got mine I decided to sign up and make my first post.

Filled out app online - 12/28/12
    Printed using L-1 - 1/3/13
    Letter from local PD saying info was forwarded to state - 1/16/13
    Issued lifetime LTCH- 4/2/13

:ingo: :yesway:

Hello and welcome to INGO.

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My wife turned in her paperwork at the Brownsburg Police Dept. last week and they told her the wait time is approximately 5 1/2 months. They also said there is no L1 option anymore (which we did for hers) - apparently it's the only option now.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    My wife turned in her paperwork at the Brownsburg Police Dept. last week and they told her the wait time is approximately 5 1/2 months. They also said there is no L1 option anymore (which we did for hers) - apparently it's the only option now.

Nice. It is so sad that the Govt requires us simple folk to follow THEIR rules, but most of the time they dont even know THEIR OWN rules. So it only causes us simple folk heartache, grief, time, inconvenience and of course money.

lokian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Applied online and L1 : 1/16/13
    Paid local PD week later

sent an email asking status on 4/8 and got the following repsonse from them today...
    We are currently processing handgun license applications if you have utilized the inkless fingerprinting option in 8 weeks,

We are processing applications with a fingerprint card in approximately 16 weeks.
    (If you have been fingerprinted by your local authority and mailed in).

If you call the number on the back of the money order, the bank can tell you when the money order was cashed. That will estimate the time we would receive it. Add 8 weeks if electronic fingerprinting was the service you chose (this is electronically submitted fingerprints NOT the application process on line), you should receive your license if there are no complications in 8 weeks, if you have no previous arrest.

If you submitted a fingerprint card with fingerprints being taken by your local authority, it will take approximately 16 weeks to begin processing your license. Utilize the same procedure mentioned above except; add 16 weeks to estimate when you will receive your handgun license. Do not forget to include your date of birth when responding in the future.

If you have an arrest that was either dismissed, not filed, or deferred etc., the processing time will be delay substantially.
    Regards,

Called them this morning and was told to call my local PD to see when they sent the app in. Called local PD to find out mine was issued on 4/19/13 and that i should see it anyday now :rockwoot:
    BTW in my email to them it stated when i applied and that there was no priors.... looks like they never read it and just fired back an auto generated message.

Drcoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    First post, but really found this forum helpful to determine wait times so wanted to share in case it gives hope to another.

Application, L1 , and all payments/fingerprinting done 1/25/13 city county building, Marion County.
    Issued: 4/22/13
    Arrived: 4/24/13

I was worried from an earlier post about a denial because i had an arrest for disorderly conduct 20+ years ago that i didn't mention on the app (because it asked for convictions, not arrests.) That charge was dismissed, but i wondered how much it would/might delay my app or if my failure to mention it would result in denial. Apparently not, and not too much of a delay either. Good timing as my holster arrives tomorrow. I feel for all of you still waiting when they should have arrived already. Hang in there, think positively and be safe.

:rockwoot:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Sent in nov 7/12 and got it april 20/13 whooo hooo

Ohhhh ... thats the day i dropped mine off!! But I was already told that mine was just sitting in the corner so Im not holding my breath for mine to pop up anytime soon. Congrats to you though! :)

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Applied online and L1 : 1/16/13
    Paid local PD week later

sent an email asking status on 4/8 and got the following repsonse from them today...

Called them this morning and was told to call my local PD to see when they sent the app in. Called local PD to find out mine was issued on 4/19/13 and that i should see it anyday now :rockwoot:
    BTW in my email to them it stated when i applied and that there was no priors.... looks like they never read it and just fired back an auto generated message.

Your local PD told you when it was issued?

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    First post, but really found this forum helpful to determine wait times so wanted to share in case it gives hope to another.

Application, L1 , and all payments/fingerprinting done 1/25/13 city county building, Marion County.
    Issued: 4/22/13
    Arrived: 4/24/13

I was worried from an earlier post about a denial because i had an arrest for disorderly conduct 20+ years ago that i didn't mention on the app (because it asked for convictions, not arrests.) That charge was dismissed, but i wondered how much it would/might delay my app or if my failure to mention it would result in denial. Apparently not, and not too much of a delay either. Good timing as my holster arrives tomorrow. I feel for all of you still waiting when they should have arrived already. Hang in there, think positively and be safe.

:rockwoot:

Welcome to INGO!

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I just called SJCPD to get an exact day they transmitted my app to ISP. I was told it was all transmitted on 12/26/2012 which is when I turned it in and paid cash. I was told to call ISP and I did...they refused to check status! I have never even seen the back seat of a police car! It's been over a week since I emailed to check my status!! This is BS! They have my money...why don't I have my license?? Less than a week ago I bought my new Sig, there was no problem with a background check then! Surely there's something that can be done....

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Sadly...there is NOTHING that we can do to expedite this process.

Nobody is gonna "light a fire" under them...because as they've already said...there is NO penalty for them breaking the Indiana law which states that all apps must be decided upon by the 60 day mark.

If they were to get "PUSHED" on it...by anyone...they'd just do what they told me in my letter that I talked about earlier.

Which is DENY all apps that reach the 60 day mark...regardless of reasons....then we'd have to keep re-applying.

that would really suck.

This whole process is ridiculous...it's weird that we can buy pistols...and clear background checks instantly by the FBI...but we can't get our LTCH permits background checks done in a timely manner !

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I just don't understand why if I had no priors of any kind, did online app and L1 printing how it's taking almost exactly 4 months?! Bought a new Sig 2 weeks ago and the FBI cleared me in a matter of minutes!

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    Another mailbox full of nothing but bills today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow....or the day after that....or the day after that....or the day after that....

I think you all get where I'm coming from lol

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    I just don't understand why if I had no priors of any kind, did online app and L1 printing how it's taking almost exactly 4 months?! Bought a new Sig 2 weeks ago and the FBI cleared me in a matter of minutes!

Welcome to the "I have a clean record, L1, paid in cash 15 weeks ago and still dont have an LTCH club."

pmadera

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    mailbox checking

Another mailbox full of nothing but bills today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow....or the day after that....or the day after that....or the day after that....

I think you all get where I'm coming from lol

im done checking the mailbox, i found myself checking twice lol maybe there is a night carrier :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom