• Status
    Not open for further replies.

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    Did L1 on Feb. 14th paid local PD in cash on Feb. 15th. Was told by local PD app. approved and transmitted to ISP on Feb. 18th. Called local PD last week to check on status. The very nice lady I talked to ran my name and said no record in the system yet. Anyone else here apply in mid Feb. and receive thier LTCH ? Hoping just a few more weeks. I should of listened to my Dad (God rest his Soul) and applied years ago.
    Applied 2-26 and paid Griffith Pd the same day,L1 too. Still waiting patiently. No criminal history other than a few traffic tickets.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Okay now I'm starting to get a tad aggravated and not really even because of the wait times. It's more the fact that I don't know what the status of my application is.

I applied L1 on 1/28 through Danville. I have two family members that went through Danville a week or so before me. Both got their pinks in the mail right on the 12 week mark. Now I'm seeing that people are starting to get their pinks in the mail that applied L1 after 1/28.

I just don't want to wait several weeks past the usual time just to find out that mine got lost in the shuffle and I have to restart the waiting clock...... :xmad:

I wish they would just set up a system to where once you have hit X amount of weeks past the average wait time you could call to get the status of you app.

rugergirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Parker City, IN
    L1 and money order to city county building, downtown Indy on FEB 7 which is 11 weeks tomorrow. Nothing yet....then again the mail hasn't come yet today....hoping for a miracle maybe?

I applied that same day and didn't have anything in the mail today. Hoping you have better luck!! Let me know when you get yours!

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    L-1 1/26/13
    IPD 1/28/13
    M/O cashed 1/30/13

Still nothing in the mailbox. i dont live to far from the ISP Firearms Licensing SEction at 100 n Senate Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46204.
    i think friday i may have to have a FTF meeting. If they aint going to answer there calls or reply to e-mails we will see how they do FTF. im supposed to meet with my lawer about a few other matters tonight and get some of his input about whats going on.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Okay now I'm starting to get a tad aggravated and not really even because of the wait times. It's more the fact that I don't know what the status of my application is.

I applied L1 on 1/28 through Danville. I have two family members that went through Danville a week or so before me. Both got their pinks in the mail right on the 12 week mark. Now I'm seeing that people are starting to get their pinks in the mail that applied L1 after 1/28.

Right there with you. L1 and local on 1-10

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Well I finally recieved my pink slip today
    Local fees paid first week of November non L1 with an OWI years ago
    Monroe County if any one else is in the boat its definatly a test of patientce :ingo:

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    OK. Finally got a straight answer about my app by visiting my local PD, and this info should help anyone else that is waiting.

I applied 1-7-13, paid online. I L1'd 1-8-13 and paid local PD in cash same day. SO, one would think that I did EVERYTHING I could to expedite my app process. Well, I did, but my local PD did NOT. Just found out today that they did not send my app in until 2-11-13. 5 FREAKIN WEEKS AFTER I APPLIED AND PAID IN FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!. SO, my "processing" did not start until 2-11-13. Pretty sure ISP has not even got out of processing January apps yet. So, even though I did everything I was supposed to, I am still getting royally screwed. Even though I have a spotless record, I still have another 4-5 weeks MINIMUM I am guessing all because my local PD couldnt get my app signed by the Chief in a timely fashion and couldnt push the SEND button on the computer. 16 weeks of patiently waiting, paid in full, paid extra for L1 to "expedite", and I 'got NOTHIN' to show for it!! I am BEYOND pissed! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

So, moral of the story is, if you did everything right like I did and are still waiting, call or visit your local PD. They SHOULD have record of when your app was sent in to the State by them and THAT is the date your processing will begin (if that date is later than the date the money order (if you paid that way) was cashed). Your app date has NOTHING to do with your time line.

Hope this helps.

I need to go kill some paper targets. :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

Ausra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    SW Indy
    It could also be better. My girlfriends mom, dad, and brother all got their Michigan LTCH one week after applying...

My family is all from Michigan and while it is quicker up there, its a lot more expensive and more hoops to jump through. You are required to take an 8 hour training class prior to applying for your license. My dad paid $100 just for the class and they require like 200 rounds of ammunition as well.

I recieved my LTCH today.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    Some of these horror stories I'm hearing about local PD's not transferring apps for weeks at a time make me kind of glad I did paper prints and was able to mail it myself right after I got it done.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Got my LTCH today !!!!! I applied online in December did non L1 January 7th and mailed same day. Issued 4/26/13 arrived today! I am stoked as hell! Now I can shop for the perfect holster hehe. Thank you for this this thread seriously it actually kept me sane during the wait.

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    My family is all from Michigan and while it is quicker up there, its a lot more expensive and more hoops to jump through. You are required to take an 8 hour training class prior to applying for your license. My dad paid $100 just for the class and they require like 200 rounds of ammunition as well.

I recieved my LTCH today.

True. They do go through a lot more. I think they also have to get a license to purchase a handgun that must be used within 30 days. I'm just disappointed because I applied in early February and have gotten nothing and they've all gotten it over it and are carrying. Plus I plan on taking a few classes anyways so I envy them a bit. I'm sure once I get it I'll be happy for saving some $$.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I'm still waiting
    L1 - Feb 4 @ 10:30
    Digital Prints - Feb 4 @ 1:30 (cash) Local PD
    Received Approval Letter from PD - Feb 26

Still waiting but I think I'm getting close but not sure if I'm waiting for Feb 4 or Feb 26 date to come around

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Got my LTCH today !!!!! I applied online in December did non L1 January 7th and mailed same day. Issued 4/26/13 arrived today! I am stoked as hell! Now I can shop for the perfect holster hehe. Thank you for this this thread seriously it actually kept me sane during the wait.

Gratz!
    Seems like people who applied in January are getting their LTCH now. At least it is still rolling forward.
    Two more months for me hopefully:popcorn:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm still waiting
    L1 - Feb 4 @ 10:30
    Digital Prints - Feb 4 @ 1:30 (cash) Local PD
    Received Approval Letter from PD - Feb 26

Still waiting but I think I'm getting close but not sure if I'm waiting for Feb 4 or Feb 26 date to come around

Hell, I never even received an approval letter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom