• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    My wife received her LTCH today... Funny story.

I received my LTCH around march 23rd 2013. My wife and I had applied December 14th non l1. Hers hadn't arrived and we have been trying to call and write the ISP to get information but haven't gotten through or gotten canned email responses. Today my doorbell rang around 430. It was one of my neighbors, a good guy really, this winter he snowblowed my driveway when he got up before me. He had received my wife's permit post marked march 21st and hadn't gone through his mail. I could tell he felt awful. We've been bugging the ISP this whole time about her permit, and it was sitting in my neighbors house since the end of march.

I'm glad she has it now, but frustrating none the less. Check your neighbors.

This has been a great forum for information on LTCH. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    My wife received her LTCH today... Funny story.

I received my LTCH around march 23rd 2013. My wife and I had applied December 14th non l1. Hers hadn't arrived and we have been trying to call and write the ISP to get information but haven't gotten through or gotten canned email responses. Today my doorbell rang around 430. It was one of my neighbors, a good guy really, this winter he snowblowed my driveway when he got up before me. He had received my wife's permit post marked march 21st and hadn't gone through his mail. I could tell he felt awful. We've been bugging the ISP this whole time about her permit, and it was sitting in my neighbors house since the end of march.

I'm glad she has it now, but frustrating none the less. Check your neighbors.

This has been a great forum for information on LTCH. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

That's interesting, because the same thing happened to me... well to an extent. Mine had been delivered to my neighbor too, except it only took him 2 days to get it to me, and not over a month. It would have only been 1 day but I wasn't home the first time he came knocking.

PS: Sounds like the USPS might be plotting something against gun owners... someone should look into this :shady: (insert purple where needed)

Last edited:

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    That's interesting, because the same thing happened to me... well to an extent. Mine had been delivered to my neighbor too, except it only took him 2 days to get it to me, and not over a month. It would have only been 1 day but I wasn't home the first time he came knocking.

PS: Sounds like the USPS might be plotting something against gun owners... someone should look into this :shady: (insert purple where needed)

On a serious note, be it purposeful misplacement in the wrong mail box or not. Some of us have neighbors who are not so gun friendly. As one of my neighbors (Not knowing I own an AR15 :ar15:) said to me yesterday. "What's wrong with this picture, that kids carrying around a toy shotgun. I know it's got an orange tip but still." Turns out, its called playing guns, you know, cops and robbers. It's a normal American childhood game. :patriot::laugh: I decided to let the sheep graze.

Point of the rant, I don't think I want my LTCH ending up in his mail box. As it may never end up in my hands. :rolleyes:

Armed*Italian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Griffith
    Update: Just received email reply from Mike Rogers at the ISP Department about the status of my LTCH.He stated" We received your application on 2-18-13.* We presently are working on paper applications from 1-9-13 and electronic applications from 2-7-13.* I do not have a specific date we will reach your application." This seems to be an actual response because the date they received my application is the same date Griffith PD told me they transmitted it to them. Looks like I have a few weeks left.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Update: Just received email reply from Mike Rogers at the ISP Department about the status of my LTCH.He stated" We received your application on 2-18-13.* We presently are working on paper applications from 1-9-13 and electronic applications from 2-7-13.* I do not have a specific date we will reach your application." This seems to be an actual response because the date they received my application is the same date Griffith PD told me they transmitted it to them. Looks like I have a few weeks left.

When did you email them? I emailed them the 4th of April and still haven't received a responce

Armed*Italian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Griffith
    When did you email them? I emailed them the 4th of April and still haven't received a responce

I emailed Mike Rogers at his email address around 5am this morning. I was very surprised to receive a response so soon. Back in March I sent an email to the address on the ISP site for LTCH questions and received a response in about a week. I could tell it was a automated response . This time I used mrogers@isp.in.gov, found this address at the bottom of the automated response I received in March. It stated"*If it does not answer your question, feel free to contact me using the below information". Hope this helps.

Brock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    On a serious note, be it purposeful misplacement in the wrong mail box or not. Some of us have neighbors who are not so gun friendly. As one of my neighbors (Not knowing I own an AR15 :ar15:) said to me yesterday. "What's wrong with this picture, that kids carrying around a toy shotgun. I know it's got an orange tip but still." Turns out, its called playing guns, you know, cops and robbers. It's a normal American childhood game. :patriot::laugh: I decided to let the sheep graze.

Point of the rant, I don't think I want my LTCH ending up in his mail box. As it may never end up in my hands. :rolleyes:

I agree with your sentiment. We haven't lived in this neighborhood all that long so I don't know the guy that well, other than he seems like a good guy. A simple mail delivery error could have turned into a bigger pain in a lot of ways.

I figure if he was anti gun he wouldn't have knocked on my I door to give it to me, he knew what it was.

I wish the ISP had replied to us, instead of sending canned responses. All it would have taken is "hey we issued and mailed that" I would have gladly paid the 20 bucks for a reprint.

In defense of delivery guys. The last time I ordered ammo, Natchez I think, they packed my.40 in an old 9mm box that still had the label on it. The UPS guy noticed and hid the box in the corner of my porch and covered it, real sneaky like, with our door mat. When I pulled up it just looked like the wind had blown the mat up against the side of the house. I may not have noticed it if I wasn't expecting the deliver. Good man.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

That is very true. I would hope they have the decency to deliver your property, but I wouldn't put it past some people. I'm hoping if a LTCH gets delivered wrongfully to an anti-gun neighbor they wouldn't know what it was. If I had never received one, I would never know what it was, just that it was from the Indiana State Police.

I agree with your sentiment. We haven't lived in this neighborhood all that long so I don't know the guy that well, other than he seems like a good guy. A simple mail delivery error could have turned into a bigger pain in a lot of ways.

I figure if he was anti gun he wouldn't have knocked on my I door to give it to me, he knew what it was.

I wish the ISP had replied to us, instead of sending canned responses. All it would have taken is "hey we issued and mailed that" I would have gladly paid the 20 bucks for a reprint.

In defense of delivery guys. The last time I ordered ammo, Natchez I think, they packed my.40 in an old 9mm box that still had the label on it. The UPS guy noticed and hid the box in the corner of my porch and covered it, real sneaky like, with our door mat. When I pulled up it just looked like the wind had blown the mat up against the side of the house. I may not have noticed it if I wasn't expecting the deliver. Good man.

I'm glad you ended up receiving it! This hasn't been the first time my mail has been delivered to the wrong house, as well as the wrong mail delivered to my house. I'm guessing that our mail carrier is just easily confused. But you never know. And like I said above, I would hope that a neighbor against guns wouldn't know what the LTCH envelope looks like. The key word being hope though.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    So just went to Danville police department to see if they could help me find out the status of my application.

L1 on 1/23 (thought I had done it on 1/28 until I looked through my paperwork)

She said they couldn't really help me and that they were told from ISP that L1 apps are running minimum 3-4 months now.

Even though she stated that ISP was now working on the 2nd week of Feb applications and I told her that mine was turned in 1/23. :dunno:

Frustrating....I've just got this gut feeling that my application was either lost in the shuffle or somehow messed up and I'm playing the waiting game to later find out that it wasn't even being processed. :wallbash:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So just went to Danville police department to see if they could help me find out the status of my application.

She said they couldn't really help me and that they were told from ISP that L1 apps are running minimum 3-4 months now.

Even though she stated that ISP was now working on the 2nd week of Feb applications and I told her that mine was turned in 1/23. :dunno:

Frustrating....I've just got this gut feeling that my application was either lost in the shuffle or somehow messed up and I'm playing the waiting game to later find out that it wasn't even being processed. :wallbash:

They told me the same thing at the Hendricks County Sheriff. It will be 4 months next Friday, so I guess I'll wait one more week. After all, what choice do I have?

:dunno:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    They told me the same thing at the Hendricks County Sheriff. It will be 4 months next Friday, so I guess I'll wait one more week. After all, what choice do I have?

:dunno:

Agreed. This is crazy though. I've got 2 family members and a friend who applied L1 through Danville PD within two weeks before me. Everyone received their LTCH in the 12 week window. Just checked when my money order was cashed...1/28. The ISP site says
    For those using MorphoTrust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--11 to 13 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    I'm seeing INGO members who applied after 1/28 starting to get their LTCHs in. Hence why I have that gut feeling something went screwy with mine.

I'm okay with waiting but I don't like not knowing if there is or isn't an issue with my application.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers

Yeah, I'm in almost the same boat. L-1 1-15, local 1-22, money order was cashed 1-28 and I have a bad feeling something got screwed up. Monday will be 14 weeks, I guess I'll wait until after the mail comes to send an e-mail.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I just talked to Carmel PD, I was told most of the Lic have come back except for a few. She did say my status is unresolved and they have been asked not to call until its been over 16 weeks. I was told to wait another 2 weeks and if not received CPD will call the state. Based on the prior threads and giving my status the locals can check (at least the satus and can call the state) to see where the state is in the process. CPD confirmed no issues with my app, just have to wait. L1 in Nov. Local app completed & met with chief 1/10/13. 16 weeks ends on Saturday.

Last edited:

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Quote: Originally Posted by byhova I'm still waiting L1 - Feb 4 @ 10:30 Digital Prints - Feb 4 @ 1:30 (cash) Local PD Received Approval Letter from PD - Feb 26 Still waiting but I think I'm getting close but not sure if I'm waiting for Feb 4 or Feb 26 date to come around Hell said:
    Yeah I'm not sure why I received an approval letter I haven't seen anyone else on here that had for one of these as well. I can post a picture of it if you guys want me to (doesn't make a difference but if anyone on here is curious to what it says.)
    I also forgot to mention I have a clean record (1 seat belt violation) is all.

Last edited:

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sorry I have no idea why it quoted that post....my post has nothing to do with this one...my post is in regards to the approval letter

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    do any of you folks know if you had a permit from 20 years ago that expired and then renewed now, does that "speed" up the process?? Because my old one expired in the mid 1990's and I got did not renew it until march of this year and one of the questions on the application form is if you had a previous permit and what that permit number was

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    do any of you folks know if you had a permit from 20 years ago that expired and then renewed now, does that "speed" up the process?? Because my old one expired in the mid 1990's and I got did not renew it until march of this year and one of the questions on the application form is if you had a previous permit and what that permit number was

I dont know, but I hold an expired permit and Im 12 weeks out, no license yet!

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I had a 4 year that expired just recently before I applied for my lifetime. I'm still waiting like the rest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom