Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We need to rally and start making calls to the governors office and get this inexcusable breakdown of our state govt fixed! Law abiding citizens are waiting on the state whome they have PAID in order to excercise a natural right and be legal by state law in order to protect their own lives. This is shamefull. Please fix this Governor Pence! Make the state police firearms division do their jobs more efficiently and if they need help then take our surplus tax dollars and get it for them. Lets get going. Waiting this long for a handgun license is rediculous.
    Start calling the Indiana governors office people!!!

Also make those calls to your local reps so we can get constitutional carry in Indiana and do away with handgun licenses all together like other states are doing. Indiana has been doing great at taking back our gun rights but we need to keep momentum rolling.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    We need to rally and start making calls to the governors office and get this inexcusable breakdown of our state govt fixed! Law abiding citizens are waiting on the state whome they have PAID in order to excercise a natural right and be legal by state law in order to protect their own lives. This is shamefull. Please fix this Governor Pence! Make the state police firearms division do their jobs more efficiently and if they need help then take our surplus tax dollars and get it for them. Lets get going.

:thumbsup: +1

whitind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    applied 12-07 2012 non L1 non violent misdemeanor ,wreckless driving 25 years ago still waiting to exercise my right

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    We need to rally and start making calls to the governors office and get this inexcusable breakdown of our state govt fixed! Law abiding citizens are waiting on the state whome they have PAID in order to excercise a natural right and be legal by state law in order to protect their own lives. This is shamefull. Please fix this Governor Pence! Make the state police firearms division do their jobs more efficiently and if they need help then take our surplus tax dollars and get it for them. Lets get going. Waiting this long for a handgun license is rediculous.

Also make those calls to your local reps so we can get constitutional carry in Indiana and do away with handgun licenses all together like other states are doing. Indiana has been doing great at taking back our gun rights but we need to keep momentum rolling.

It's bad enough this protection racket exists in the first place and that they have our money. In Washington state they are required to issue permits within 30 days (and no, they don't get to just wait 30 days and deny them; denial must be for valid cause, not for spite). Put some teeth into the 60 day law (license must be granted at that point) and suddenly it'll become possible to issue permits into a timely manner. What is wrong with the agencies here? Hamilton county is hardly a hotbed of crime.

Passing constitutional carry would be a good alternative too. Is there any movement to do that?

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    It's bad enough this protection racket exists in the first place and that they have our money. In Washington state they are required to issue permits within 30 days (and no, they don't get to just wait 30 days and deny them; denial must be for valid cause, not for spite). Put some teeth into the 60 day law (license must be granted at that point) and suddenly it'll become possible to issue permits into a timely manner. What is wrong with the agencies here? Hamilton county is hardly a hotbed of crime.

Passing constitutional carry would be a good alternative too. Is there any movement to do that?

Not sure about a movement, I'd sure like that but it would make private sales a little more difficult. I wonder how far calling and complaining about them breaking IC 35-47-2-6 would get us....

IC 35-47-2-6 said:
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Not sure about a movement, I'd sure like that but it would make private sales a little more difficult. I wonder how far calling and complaining about them breaking IC 35-47-2-6 would get us....

That's been discussed. ... and tried already.

You get a reply with a matter-of-fact tone. ... telling you how "yes. .. that IS the law. ... but there aren't any penalties for them if they don't comply with the law, when it comes down to the whole 60-day issue decisions thing".

then they will tell you how if they
    had to follow that law...they would simply just deny us all when we we got close to reaching the 60 day mark and we would all have to just keep re-applying over & over again.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    BY George I think she got it!!! Wifey-poo applied in Fishers 2-7-13, 90 days later 5-6-13 she received her LTCH. Whoo hoo.............now to play the who will copy and laminate it game around Fishers.

For those of you still waiting or waiting longer than 90 days.............HANG IN THERE!

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    BY George I think she got it!!! Wifey-poo applied in Fishers 2-7-13, 90 days later 5-6-13 she received her LTCH. Whoo hoo.............now to play the who will copy and laminate it game around Fishers.

For those of you still waiting or waiting longer than 90 days.............HANG IN THERE!

Gratz! Did she apply L1?

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    My local police department called me 2 weeks ago saying everything on their part has been approved. Has anyone else gotten a phone call like this?

I didn't get a phone call but I received a letter from my local PD saying I was approved. This was 3 weeks after my online app & digital prints (paid cash @ PD)

LFTPFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    From and including: Monday, January 14, 2013
    To and including: Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It is 114 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 3 months, 24 days including the end date

Allen County, for those who are curious.

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    That's been discussed. ... and tried already.

You get a reply with a matter-of-fact tone. ... telling you how "yes. .. that IS the law. ... but there aren't any penalties for them if they don't comply with the law, when it comes down to the whole 60-day issue decisions thing".

then they will tell you how if they
    had to follow that law...they would simply just deny us all when we we got close to reaching the 60 day mark and we would all have to just keep re-applying over & over again.

Dang it, well I have a month and a half of TDY coming up maybe itll be here afterward
    I just think that somethings wrong here but I also know that the Government isnt the most efficient.
    The last part though couldn't you argue that that is also illegal acording to IC-35-47-2-3 "The superintendent may not deny a license under this section because the information required under this subsection is unavailable at the time the superintendent would otherwise issue a license."

Also for anyone renewing here is your loophole- IC 35-47-2-6 (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Also for anyone renewing here is your loophole- IC 35-47-2-6 (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Carry your old license and all of your paperwork showing you have renewed in case you get pulled by a LEO.

Thanks for your service. :patriot: See you when you get back.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine

Thanks for sharing!:patriot:

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown

Closer to my 2/19 date!!! Wonder how long a DUI arrest 27 years ago will delay it..

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    The last part though couldn't you argue that that is also illegal acording to IC-35-47-2-3 "The superintendent may not deny a license under this section because the information required under this subsection is unavailable at the time the superintendent would otherwise issue a license."

Yea...I thought about that one too but figured since my app was there and I got a "less-than-favorable" reply to my first inquiry about the law, I decided to just drop it ! HAHA

Closer to my 2/19 date!!! Wonder how long a DUI arrest 27 years ago will delay it..

Any arrest (especially a conviction) will delay you weeks...possibly months !

At least that's what I've learned by watching this entire thread !

Hopefully not...but I had a non-violent misdemeanor 23yrs ago myself and I did L1 on 1/7/13 and I'm still waiting.

The kicker is that I had my LTCH about 5yrs ago and I let it expire...also...I pass the FBI's checks when buying handguns and it takes less than a minute !

Good luck..either way :yesway:

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown
    Yea...I thought about that one too but figured since my app was there and I got a "less-than-favorable" reply to my first inquiry about the law, I decided to just drop it ! HAHA

Any arrest (especially a conviction) will delay you weeks...possibly months !

At least that's what I've learned by watching this entire thread !

Hopefully not...but I had a non-violent misdemeanor 23yrs ago myself and I did L1 on 1/7/13 and I'm still waiting.

The kicker is that I had my LTCH about 5yrs ago and I let it expire...also...I pass the FBI's checks when buying handguns and it takes less than a minute !

Good luck..either way :yesway:

Luckily the conviction was for reckless driving. I hope that will make a little difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom