• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I have until august to have my last name changed. If I don't have it by then I'm going to be screwed I'm sure. Getting married. Did L1 Jan 29th. Clean record

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I spoke with the Firearms Division today and when I inquired I was told without L-1 it was a six month wait and with L-1 was an 8 -12 week wait.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I spoke with the Firearms Division today and when I inquired I was told without L-1 it was a six month wait and with L-1 was an 8 -12 week wait.

And if you have any arrest, ANY arrest, its 6 months minimum. And if you failed to check the box that asks if you have been convicted, even if you weren't convicted, you will most likely be denied. Dismissals don't count with these guys. If you were arrested and don't declare it, you will be denied.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    And if you have any arrest, ANY arrest, its 6 months minimum. And if you failed to check the box that asks if you have been convicted, even if you weren't convicted, you will most likely be denied. Dismissals don't count with these guys. If you were arrested and don't declare it, you will be denied.

Are you trying to tell us something? You got me worried now. I can't remember what I put down. Hope I didn't screw up and gotta do it all over again

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Are you trying to tell us something? You got me worried now. I can't remember what I put down. Hope I didn't screw up and gotta do it all over again

I'm just going on what I've seen on here and what happened to a friend of mine. He checked "no" to the question "Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor" because he was arrested but the case was dismissed. Not suspended or probation, dismissed. To him (and I'd wager the rest of us) dismissed means there was no ruling on the case, therefore, no conviction. Apparently ISP doesn't see it that way and he was denied. He had to appeal and reapply. It took over 8 months to get his.

There was another gentleman on this thread a few pages back that had a similar situation. He had to appeal and I think he is scheduled to drive to Indy this month to sign a corrected application stating his arrest.

Each case might be different, but these two are eerily similar. :dunno:

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Finally recieved my Pinky in the mail, 16 weeks 4 days (Howard County)

L1 (Credit Card online w/ expedite) - 2/4/13
    Electronic Fingerprint Local PD (Cash) - 2/4/13
    Approval Letter (Background check) from Local PD - 2/26/13
    Pink Issued - 5/29/13
    Received 6/1/13

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My Boy received his pink card in the mail yesterday. Debit card charged 2/22/2013 for the lcal PD processing.he used L1 electronic.

Not a bad day at all for him. last day of Senior year in High school and gets his pink card in the mail!

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I know, right ?

I read your other post but it was to much to quote. Figured quoting this one would get your attention lol.

Thanks for the reply. I'm nervous because I was arrested for fishing for a indangered specie. I had a license to fish them but the license is no good in a creek, only in the river. As a result I was arrested on a felony charge that was dropped to a misdemeanor. I have no clue what they are going to say about that? Hope I filled it out correctly and they give me my pink slip. That was the only time I have ever been arrested. Had a permit to carry in Alabama for over 10 years without any problems.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Damn. Caught a felony arrest for illegal fishing? That sucks even though it got dropped to misdemeanor.

I don't think they will deny your LTCH - but who knows anymore. Hope you get it soon.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Damn. Caught a felony arrest for illegal fishing? That sucks even though it got dropped to misdemeanor.

I don't think they will deny your LTCH - but who knows anymore. Hope you get it soon.

Filed 1/8/13. Don't think I'll get denied. Bought another hand gun the week I filed. Didn't have any problems and this is supposed to be a "shell issue" state.

Rydnlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I received my denial letter today for my LTCH. Clean record and all. Apparently if you check the box about seeing a Psychiatrist in your life time it means you "have a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct". This is such bull****! I will definitely be appealing this one!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom