• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterSoak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    22 weeks today! BCB (reckless driving,) previous (expired) carry license. Still waiting, of course, and nothing of any value to contribute to the thread, just got tired of the forum telling me to post something.

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    22 weeks today! BCB (reckless driving,) previous (expired) carry license. Still waiting, of course, and nothing of any value to contribute to the thread, just got tired of the forum telling me to post something.
    Haha, I never got that kind of notice. Maybe you are more important than I am to this forum :popcorn:

INstormChaser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    48 hours after I posted...boom :rockwoot:

L-1 on 03/22/13
    Paid Hamilton Co. Sheriff on 03/22/13
    Issued by ISP on 6/24/13
    Received on 6/26/13

3 months and 4 days! Not to shabby.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Hopefully you'll be able to dress up as an armed citizen for Halloween.

Hang in

That's funny right there !!:D

Soon, buddy! SOON! :)

+1

Gotta be within a few days

Thanks guys....but Not today...:tumbleweed:

Still Waitin and hoping that mine will follow the trend for my stats. :coffee:

Does the local PD do the background check or do they just submit it to the ISP for them to do?

Your local is supposed to do a "Preliminary Background Check" and then forward your app along with their recommendation.

I don't know how much the preliminary check and their "recommendation" actually matters though, surely the State still has to stick to certain requirements to be able to deny or grant the LTCH Permits though, at least you would think so anyways ???

:welcome: to :ingo: !

You're contributing more than you might think...because by posting your stats and status...it helps others with the same stats as yours to be able to better judge where they're at.

PLUS it makes us feel better if we're not the ONLY one with those stats that hasn't received our Permit yet !! :):

48 hours after I posted...boom :rockwoot:

L-1 on 03/22/13
    Paid Hamilton Co. Sheriff on 03/22/13
    Issued by ISP on 6/24/13
    Received on 6/26/13

3 months and 4 days! Not to shabby.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Last edited:

Averagejoe63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Applied online, L1, and paid local on 1/3.
    Local held on to app until I called them on 4/1 and then sent to ISP
    Issued 6/24
    Received 6/26

So, the ltch was issued almost exactly 12 weeks from when the local sent it on. My wait was a bit longer due to local.. My advice. Check with your local if you fall outside the 12 week window.

Hope the info helps

MisterSoak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013

Um... Just realized a typo. 12 weeks. Can I blame my phone?

AverageJoe, were you in the bad citizens brigade or non-l1? Just curious how my time's looking. I went L1, btw.

Averagejoe63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    MisterSoak, Nope..clean record and l1. Local just held onto it for no real reason. Once they sent it on it took 12 weeks almost to the day.

MisterSoak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    MisterSoak, Nope..clean record and l1. Local just held onto it for no real reason. Once they sent it on it took 12 weeks almost to the day.
    Great. Another thing to worry about. Meh. It'll come when it does, I guess. Wonder which I'll see first: my permission slip or 2014. Probably the latter.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    I wish I could have a huge rant for you folks right now, but I'm just beaten.
    I applied the old fashioned way on Feb. 6th.
    I went up to the county building to check on the status, when they tell me they can't find me in the system, they direct me to my local PD.
    I go to the local folks, they tell me they cannot find it either, they have me wait while they call ISP.
    ISP says they also, cannot find my info.
    I provide all of my documents pertaining to the permit process, including receipts and a pink copy stating it was processed.
    They tell me that they apologize, but I would need to re-apply. As for the cost, I would need to get a refund from the state for my money orders and then re-submit.
    I thank them for their time and return home, a broken man. I work in security, the unarmed locations are cutting hours to cut spending, I have a promotion and a steady stream of locations to work, once I get my permit. Now that I will have to start over, my employer honestly stated that he isn't sure if he can keep me, as I cannot carry on site.
    I just recently purchased a home for my family on the prospects of this job. And now, because the system failed me, my future is looking grim.
    congrats to all those who got theirs, and to those still waiting, double check, dont let my misfortunes happen to you

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I wish I could have a huge rant for you folks right now, but I'm just beaten.
    I applied the old fashioned way on Feb. 6th.
    I went up to the county building to check on the status, when they tell me they can't find me in the system, they direct me to my local PD.
    I go to the local folks, they tell me they cannot find it either, they have me wait while they call ISP.
    ISP says they also, cannot find my info.
    I provide all of my documents pertaining to the permit process, including receipts and a pink copy stating it was processed.
    They tell me that they apologize, but I would need to re-apply. As for the cost, I would need to get a refund from the state for my money orders and then re-submit.
    I thank them for their time and return home, a broken man. I work in security, the unarmed locations are cutting hours to cut spending, I have a promotion and a steady stream of locations to work, once I get my permit. Now that I will have to start over, my employer honestly stated that he isn't sure if he can keep me, as I cannot carry on site.
    I just recently purchased a home for my family on the prospects of this job. And now, because the system failed me, my future is looking grim.
    congrats to all those who got theirs, and to those still waiting, double check, dont let my misfortunes happen to you

You would think that when they cash your MO or payment that means it went through. Guess not apparently. Sorry to hear about that!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Your local is supposed to do a "Preliminary Background Check" and then forward your app along with their recommendation.

I don't know how much the preliminary check and their "recommendation" actually matters though, surely the State still has to stick to certain requirements to be able to deny or grant the LTCH Permits though, at least you would think so

Well I do have a felonious jaywalking conviction, guess I'm out of luck :laugh:

Pretty sure the ISP does an FBI criminal background check, I wouldn't assume that it's that much more rigorous than the one you go through when you buy a gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom