• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tahoez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok folks....been lurking awhile with a couple of posts but wanted to post another update.

I sent an email to my Senator basically noting the frustration of paying money to the state and no way to check the status after a long wait. In addition I outlined the fact that there was no method to how applications were being processed as others had significantly shorter wait times. I figured it couldn't hurt so I submitted that email last Thursday.

Yesterday I received a call from the State Police Firearms Division to inform me my LTCH had been processed and mailed 9/03/13. The officer said I should have it in a day or two. Today I received an additional call from the Senators office to inform me of the same details and asked that I let them know if I did not receive it by next week so they could follow up with the ISP. I got home and it was here! Tax dollars at work and he can count on my vote next election!

Applied 3/08/13
    L1 3/08/13
    MO cashed 3/12/13
    LTCH Issued 9/03/13
    LTCH Received 9/06/13

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Ok folks....been lurking awhile with a couple of posts but wanted to post another update.

I sent an email to my Senator basically noting the frustration of paying money to the state and no way to check the status after a long wait. In addition I outlined the fact that there was no method to how applications were being processed as others had significantly shorter wait times. I figured it couldn't hurt so I submitted that email last Thursday.

Yesterday I received a call from the State Police Firearms Division to inform me my LTCH had been processed and mailed 9/03/13. The officer said I should have it in a day or two. Today I received an additional call from the Senators office to inform me of the same details and asked that I let them know if I did not receive it by next week so they could follow up with the ISP. I got home and it was here! Tax dollars at work and he can count on my vote next election!

Applied 3/08/13
    L1 3/08/13
    MO cashed 3/12/13
    LTCH Issued 9/03/13
    LTCH Received 9/06/13
    :thumbsup: result!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Got mine today as well. I applied in Feb. MO cashed early March, 1 minor in consumption 28 years ago. Called last week to check progress and was told to either go downtown to Senate Ave. or go to my local police and have them call. I chose to go to my local police and she called while I was standing there.....hung up and told me I would have it this week. Sure enough, got it. So I would recommend if you have been waiting since March to take your paperwork to your local police and have them call. Good luck.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So thanks to a kind State Senator, we finally found out that my wife's L1 fingerprints were never transmitted to the ISP. I called L1 (now Morphotrust) and so far they're not very confidence inspiring. This whole thing is a mess, if I hadn't been able to reach out the way I did behind official channels we would have NEVER known this information to even attempt fixing it. Seven months and not a peep from anyone letting us know there was a problem. It's crazy. The funny thing is that she would probably have had it awhile ago if we had skipped L1 and went with standard prints...

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Got mine today as well. I applied in Feb. MO cashed early March, 1 minor in consumption 28 years ago. Called last week to check progress and was told to either go downtown to Senate Ave. or go to my local police and have them call. I chose to go to my local police and she called while I was standing there.....hung up and told me I would have it this week. Sure enough, got it. So I would recommend if you have been waiting since March to take your paperwork to your local police and have them call. Good luck.

:thumbsup:

Glad your long wait is over.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So thanks to a kind State Senator, we finally found out that my wife's L1 fingerprints were never transmitted to the ISP. I called L1 (now Morphotrust) and so far they're not very confidence inspiring. This whole thing is a mess, if I hadn't been able to reach out the way I did behind official channels we would have NEVER known this information to even attempt fixing it. Seven months and not a peep from anyone letting us know there was a problem. It's crazy. The funny thing is that she would probably have had it awhile ago if we had skipped L1 and went with standard prints...

That's the first time I've heard of Morpho dropping the ball. Usually it's the locals. Morpho transmitted my prints the same day and I got an acknowledgement email frrom ISP the next day.

Must have been a fluke in your wife's case. Hope her wait is short from here on.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    That's the first time I've heard of Morpho dropping the ball. Usually it's the locals. Morpho transmitted my prints the same day and I got an acknowledgement email frrom ISP the next day.

Must have been a fluke in your wife's case. Hope her wait is short from here on.

Well the thing is they don't know if they have her prints. While I've been able to talk to them, so far only the staffer at the Senators office has related the ISP info to me and I'm sure I'll need to communicate with them to get this settled. We'll have to see what works out, I'm calling them back on Monday.

Meanwhile things like this are going on: http://fox59.com/2013/09/05/womans-quick-thinking-fends-off-carjackers/#ndn-widget-embed-1-player ... and my zero criminal history wife can't defend herself outside of our home with the most effective means available to her, because she's having trouble getting her permission slip to exercise her "right." :rolleyes:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Meanwhile things like this are going on: Woman pulls gun, fends off carjackers | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com ... and my zero criminal history wife can't defend herself outside of our home with the most effective means available to her, because she's having trouble getting her permission slip to exercise her "right." :rolleyes:

No argument. I think we all can agree the process is flawed, to say the least. It needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    2FA53217-6B45-4E1D-99A0-5B3C646D994C-2386-000000637F680BE7_zps4eb855d5.jpg

L1 paid and printed on 1/8/13
    I emailed ISP in April and I think June. No responce.
    Called several times over the course of 9 months. No answer except once but they would not give me any information.
    Emailed September 1st.
    They called me Tuesday September 2nd to inform me it was granted.
    Issued 9/03/12
    Recieved today 9/7/13

Bought 2 handguns this year. Federal goverment cleared me in about 20 minutes.
    Had an Alabama license since I was 21. I'm 38 now.
    Indiana took 9 months to decide if I was a proper person because I was arrested for fishing 8 years ago.

Not going to complain. The wait is over and I'm grateful to a unspoken person on here that helped big time. You know who you are. Thank you and if you want to be known feel free to speak up.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    L1 paid and printed on 1/8/13
    I emailed ISP in April and I think June. No responce.
    Called several times over the course of 9 months. No answer except once but they would not give me any information.
    Emailed September 1st.
    They called me Tuesday September 2nd to inform me it was granted.
    Issued 9/03/12
    Recieved today 9/7/13

Bought 2 handguns this year. Federal goverment cleared me in about 20 minutes.
    Had an Alabama license since I was 21. I'm 38 now.
    Indiana took 9 months to decide if I was a proper person because I was arrested for fishing 8 years ago.

Not going to complain. The wait is over and I'm grateful to a unspoken person on here that helped big time. You know who you are. Thank you and if you want to be known feel free to speak up.

Finally !

:thumbsup:

Orion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Indy
    I applied in January and received mine early this week thanks to a member here who put me in contact with an awesome state trooper (who talked to me for 15 minutes on his day off) and mine was issued 1 business day later (on labor day). Thanks INGO!

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Issued 9/03/12
    Recieved today 9/7/13

:yesway:

I applied in January and received mine early this week thanks to a member here who put me in contact with an awesome state trooper (who talked to me for 15 minutes on his day off) and mine was issued 1 business day later (on labor day). Thanks INGO!

:yesway:

MORE AWESOME NEWS ! I'm really glad that both Micah's and Orion's long waits are finally over !

Now you can get down to picking out what you want to carry and how you want to carry it !

I know that I'm really glad to have my permit again !

nightwindrc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    To kep everyone updated, I emaied my state rep and was replied to about a week later asking for more info and said they would follow up for me. I have heard nothing back after 2 weeks. But with all of teh folks that have recieved their permit that applied around the same time as me I'm hopeful I'll be getting it over the next couple of weeks.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Applied with the wifey around valentines day... she got hers several weeks ago and i got mine yesterday!!

I guess the gov't feels its finally ok to issue it after sending me my EMT-B, FF I/II, and Hazmat operator certs!

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    No argument. I think we all can agree the process is flawed, to say the least. It needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

Applied 01-07-13
    Money Order Cashed 01-10-13
    Issued 09-03-13
    Recieved 09-06-13

I agree Lectric, Isp needs an overhaul starting at the top. I think the new ISP superintendent Douglas Carter should be held accountable for the way LTCH issue is being handled.

It's like a bad Ebay transaction, maybe they should let people pay the fee's thru paypal at least you could recoup your money paid for something you don't recieve in a timely manner! Also not giving out any info over the phone for privacy reasons is bullschitt all they need is to ask for your ss# to give you the info. My sheriffs department had no problem doing this and the lady I spoke with was very helpful over the phone. Unlike the person I spoke with when I called ISP.

The ISP is collecting a Whole lot of money thru this 2nd Amendment raffle they should be required to inform you of your status!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Applied with the wifey around valentines day... she got hers several weeks ago and i got mine yesterday!!

I guess the gov't feels its finally ok to issue it after sending me my EMT-B, FF I/II, and Hazmat operator certs!

:welcome: to the club. Now your wife can't hold her LTCH over your head any more.:alright:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom