• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Carry Optics doubled in participation within in 60 days of increasing the capacity and has since seen a considerable growth
    There has still been some discussion around what if any additional changes need to be made i.e. max weight, holster position, additional modifications to slide allowed

However if you do not see it as a BoD topic then it is not getting discussed by them, more so members sending questions to their Area Director, President of DNROI.

It is provisional and not up for another review until Jan 2018, if you like it and think that it is good to go as is contact your area director, if you think that there should be additional changes, contact your area director. I would recommend having a reason because emails that say, "allow slide porting are probably not being taken seriously" Neither are "allow slide porting because I have a gun I want to shoot". But a discussion as to why allow appendix carry in the division based on data that there are many people that prefer this type of carry with their optics equipped edc may get some attention. Same with something along the lines of "either increase the over max weight restriction to include additional popular firearm models or allow the reduction of slide weight by allowing additional modification like slide porting or milling of slots"

If you want 15 rounds in production then making a case to send to your Area Director, DNROI and President, but to say "IPSC" has it so should we, is not going to be well received. They also allow race holsters, but no going outside the fault lines and no sight pictures...so most of their stuff is dumb and there was a pretty good argument made on not making RO's have to keep track of 8 rounds, 10 rounds and 15 rounds depending on what division someone is shooting. Which is why Carry Optics is a magazine length restriction and not a restricted capacity since we already have the measurement of 140 or 170.
    (you would have a better chance of getting a magazine length restriction than a capacity restriction in production)

Per the bylaws equipment rules can be looked at and considered at anytime for provisional divsions, however for nonprovisional division the equipment rules are set for a 2 year period of time (16.2)
    But allow for changes or clarifications with BoD approval and consultation from DNROI and the RMI's which would loosen restrictions or otherwise expand allowed personal competition equipment for a specific division.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You do realize that appendix is legal in limited and open now

No.

Have never seen anyone do it and it wasn't on the quiz.

Was thinking in terms of required instead of allowed, had this vision of droves of ying yangs trying to fast draw around the belly with loaded weapon pointed at tallywhacker real estate.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Get a Burris Fast fire 3 with 8 moa Dot and let er rip. You don't see your front sight most of the time so what difference does it make if you don't see the DOT.:rockwoot::rockwoot::lol2::dunno:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You do realize that appendix is legal in limited and open now

No.

Was thinking in terms of required instead of allowed, had this vision of droves of ying yangs trying to fast draw around the belly with loaded weapon pointed at tallywhacker real estate.

You have never been on my squad? I've been doing it for a few years now.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Appendix carry???

Somebody better buy a whole butload of really big band aids.

Good info.

appendix carry seems ridiculous till you give it a go. That's how I carry daily now. And it's fast too. I'd venture a guess that I could draw as fast from an unconcealed appendix holster as I can from my production rig. I'd also say it would be with no more danger of shooting myself than a standard holster -which typically has people muzzling their own legs quite a bit.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    No.

[video=youtube;ck7S5EnrsvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck7S5EnrsvM[/video]

Top Bottom