• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I'd like to resurrect this topic. I really like what I've been reading about the CZ 75B and there are a bunch of them on the market right now. I haven't found one locally to handle and I'm concerned about trigger reach. I find the trigger on a Beretta 92/96 fine, but on a Sig 226 the reach is too long to be comfortable. How does the trigger reach on a CZ 75B compare to the Beretta and Sig?

I used to have a Taurus PT 92AF and I found the grip to be a bit larger ans the trigger reach to be as long if not longer. I was seriously looking at a CZ because of all the good reviews, but my hands just didn't like it. I went with an XDm instead.

Scott

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Finally got a chance to give my CZ a workout & It accurate & reliable with my mild reloads(4.2 grs bullseye over 175 LRN) Took along my Beretta to try with these loads as well & gotta give it up to the CZ ,had some HI Viz zombie targets & it shot point of aim (Head shots of course) Beretta 96 shot a little low but super reliable

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bought a CZ 75 PO7 this past weekend. Have managed to put almost 200 rounds through it. I have to say I am amazed at what a good shooter it is. Now if I can only find a suitable holster that will fit that funky trigger guard.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm using a Tagua holster for a Ruger SR9C for my CZ 75 Compact and the fit is almost perfect. The P07 is different in a lot of ways, but could be close enough to fit. I think the SR9 holster was formed for a squared trigger guard similar to the P07.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I use my 75D Compact (essentially the P-01) for Friday Night Steel and any classes I take. Mine is straight production. I haven't changed a thing... though am considering the trigger job people rave about. 100% reliable. Grip and ergonomics are fantastic. I like the DA/SA style and the trigger pull, but I know it is not for everyone.

Enjoy the P-07.

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    the cajun gun works reach reduction kit, competition hammer and 15 pound mainspring and you got one hell of a trigger. can be had on the decocker too, its just a little more work

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Boy, It is really good to read this positive thread about CZs. I've owned CZs for years, and they are an overlooked secret in the American market.
    In the world market they are one of the most popular handguns that there are.

After shooting mine, my son, and son-in-law became CZ owners too. They are great guns, and heartily recommended by me in any configuration. Accurate, dependable, and very ergonomic, -- Just can't go wrong.

CZ rifles are exceptional too. Mine are all sub-minute of angle shooters.

Tom

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm wanting a CZ75 very, very badly. Beautiful guns and I've tried to find poor reviews, just doesn't happen. People may have some small issues but they seem to be much fewer than even with Glocks (and I love my Glock).

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bought a CZ 75 PO7 this past weekend. Have managed to put almost 200 rounds through it. I have to say I am amazed at what a good shooter it is. Now if I can only find a suitable holster that will fit that funky trigger guard.

Try some XD holsters if your going IWB. I've got a cheap Tagua(?) and tossed the metal clip part and fashioned a better clip from aluminum stock. It's much more solid now but I'll have to keep an eye out for wear and metal fatigue on the clip.

I like the P07 just fine, I would like to change the rear sight - but I don't want to spend the cash.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I plan on using the CZ 75B as my carry weapon. Considering a CZ 82 as my back-up weapon loaded with some Buffalo Bore rounds. ;)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've wanted on for a while, my dad had a Sphinx, in .40 cal, basically a CZ knock off...I wanted it, but he traded it....NOT TO ME!!!!! It fit like a glove! DRGNROBO That there is one pretty gun you got there!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've wanted on for a while, my dad had a Sphinx, in .40 cal, basically a CZ knock off...I wanted it, but he traded it....NOT TO ME!!!!! It fit like a glove! DRGNROBO That there is one pretty gun you got there!

Dont settle for a cheap imitation, get the real thing! :D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Dont settle for a cheap imitation, get the real thing! :D

A Sphinx is a cheap imitation????

Sphinx is to the CZ design what Wilson or Ed brown is to the 1911. They're in the same league accuracy wise as the Sig P210. IF you can find a Sphinx 3000 (SP01 clone) these days, it's going to cost north of $2000.

Top Bottom