• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thats really weird to me. I can’t reach the decockers on Sigs, but I can run the decocker or safety on a CZ without issue and I have shorter fingers.

Out if curiosity, those that find the trigger reach to be long on the CZ is the 75 variants or the P-09/07 variants?

Mine was the CZC Target Shadow 2 based on the 75.

cz-usa-cz-75-sp01-shadow-target-500x333.png

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    i66TMzD.jpg

I personally count Dan Wesson as CZ products :laugh: but I agree with the exception of my P365 (LOVE mine) CZ's shoot better for me personally. Much lower bore axis and generally much thinner too. I liked my Legion P229 but it was just too fat for me to get ahold of or conceal very well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thats really weird to me. I can’t reach the decockers on Sigs, but I can run the decocker or safety on a CZ without issue and I have shorter fingers.

Out if curiosity, those that find the trigger reach to be long on the CZ is the 75 variants or the P-09/07 variants?

I don't keep track of the nomenclature, but I used to own a mid 1990s CZ 75b and I've shot several different CZ 75b-ish guns and fondled most of what they make in gun shops over the years. Even with extended safeties intended for competition guns, I can't even come close to reaching the safety. I considered going with a SAO CZ, but again, I can't reach the thumb safety. It's just too far forward.

Keep in mind working a safety is something you need to be able to do when you have your firing grip. I don't mind shifting my grip a little to use a decocker because if I am decocking, I don't need the gun right then. Of course, this is a moot issue for me since I went SAO!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't keep track of the nomenclature, but I used to own a mid 1990s CZ 75b and I've shot several different CZ 75b-ish guns and fondled most of what they make in gun shops over the years. Even with extended safeties intended for competition guns, I can't even come close to reaching the safety. I considered going with a SAO CZ, but again, I can't reach the thumb safety. It's just too far forward.

Keep in mind working a safety is something you need to be able to do when you have your firing grip. I don't mind shifting my grip a little to use a decocker because if I am decocking, I don't need the gun right then. Of course, this is a moot issue for me since I went SAO!

My only safety CZ is range toy. I know I can reach it without issue, but honestly I’m not sure I’ve ever actually used it. Mag goes in, slide closes and mag becomes empty. The rest are decockers as I don’t see a point for a DA/SA without one.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m partial to sigs I own 8 and I’m thinking about a 365 to make it 9, BUT if I came across a CZ 75, that might change my mind! But then again at the fnra banquet we have a sig p210, I saw the one in huntingburgh go for 1400, I might save my pennies, and buy one at our banquet in August (it’s engraved with fnra and scroll marking)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Owned both a P226 and a CZC Shadow Target. Never shot my P226 though I shot others before buying mine. I shot the CZ some.

For the Sig, I realized that I just wasn't interested in it much since it sat in the carton for over a year without ever being taken out so I sold it.

With the CZ, like expat, I really wanted to like it, but the reach to the trigger was farther than I preferred for that first DA pull and I decided I didn't want to invest the time to get proficient with a DA/SA configuration.

The rest of the story for me is I then went on to the Walther Q5 Match and though I did like it, again I decided I wasn't going to compete so I sold it too.

I'm a little too much like Doddg.:):

Hello Tim and Tom!:)

:wavey:

I think a fully cajunized CZ would probably surpass a sig legion. Depends on what you want to do with it I guess.

It's very subjective and depends greatly on the preference of the user. I hated dry firing the Legion, but shooting it was a dream. I liked pretty much everything about it and carried it for a year with no issues. The only reason I don't own it any more is that my personal preference is to not have any safety/decocker to mess with and a preference for inexpensive guns so that I can have two setup the same way. That preference lead me to carrying the CZ P10c. I've always thought the trigger on a well tuned heavy metal CZ is the best thing apart from a well tuned 1911. They can be awesome triggers. I have a CZ 75 Compact in SAO that the Wizard worked on and the trigger is sublime. That said, I don't shoot it any better than I shot my Legion. The Legion SAO I had was the gun I was the most accurate with. Both CZ and Sig have some great guns and I like them both.

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    CZ all the way. I feel like sigs have. Become toys over the years (i mean they seem cheaper and less reliable). I have sold nearly all. I also cant stand sig pistols factory point of impact related to the sights, behind the dot. I much prefer point of impact at the top of the sight where I can still glimpse my target.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Factory CZ triggers, on non-competition models, can be rough. They smooth up with use or you can get it polished to speed things up.

I don’t find most stock Sig triggers to be significantly better than factory CZs, until you get into the Legion lines.
    So is this why I see some guys saying "5000 more in DA and it will be good"?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So is this why I see some guys saying "5000 more in DA and it will be good"?

Pretty much, we were just chasing about this earlier. My goal is to get 10k da trigger pulls by the end of summer. I am determined to have the best shooting omega trigger in the group. At least an honorable mention will do.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Pretty much, we were just chasing about this earlier. My goal is to get 10k da trigger pulls by the end of summer. I am determined to have the best shooting omega trigger in the group. At least an honorable mention will do.
    Not sure how many Omegas are in the group. I don't hear them mentioned very much.

Top Bottom