• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Canik's versions of CZ pistols can be decocked and safety engaged. Canik steel guns are imported by Tristar and sold here as Tristar S-120,C-100, T-120 or 100, P-120 or 100.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Not to thread jack but how many rounds have you put thru the xde?
    I had 100 rounds through mine before I stepped into a P30SK. I couldn't justify keeping both, as I really like the way this little Hk carries. But they were good rounds, it was an accurate little gun, and surprisingly mild recoil for such a small polymer package. DA was long and heavy, but fairly smooth. SA wasn't bad at all. I know a bulk box of ammo isn't the end-all be-all, but I didn't have a single hiccup, it ran like a top.

The only weird thing is that the front tip of my recoil spring started rusting, like it didn't have a good finish applied. Nothing on the front of the slide or barrel, only the front of the recoil spring guide rod.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Ok- I'll thread jack for a moment... I picked up a P30SKS when they first were released in '15 I believe... Loved it. I'm a sa/da/decocker HK/Sig guy. Then I discovered the little known gem of the Walther P99c AS. Loved that trigger and reset. The P99c AS has a decocker button. The P99c has been my daily carry for a couple years. Now SA comes out with the single stack Xde- sa/da/decocker. I am liking the trigger but the reset is different. (Thats a training issue). I will say I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the Xde so far. This is my first Xd. Its like the single stack USPc HK never made. Just my :twocents:.

/thread jack over.

:ingo:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Most CZ clones can be carried hammer down, safety on. As mentioned up thread, Bersa's larger format pistols not just can be carried like that, but you are forced into that IIRC. The safety acts as a decocker, so when the hammer's back and you engage the safety, the hammer decocks automatically. A stock CZ 75B will not let you carry like that.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    If i recall correctly a CZ75 Omega can have the safety engaged with the hammer on half cock.
    I would love to have this verified. Although it wouldn’t really have a decocker. You’d have to drop the hammer.
    What about the Walther PPK?
    Unsure. I don't see on the website that the safety also acts as a decocker.
    Canik's versions of CZ pistols can be decocked and safety engaged. Canik steel guns are imported by Tristar and sold here as Tristar S-120,C-100, T-120 or 100, P-120 or 100.
    I did not know!! I have a TP9SF, love it. I haven't looked at their CZ clones...
    Ok- I'll thread jack for a moment... I picked up a P30SKS when they first were released in '15 I believe... Loved it. I'm a sa/da/decocker HK/Sig guy. Then I discovered the little known gem of the Walther P99c AS. Loved that trigger and reset. The P99c AS has a decocker button. The P99c has been my daily carry for a couple years. Now SA comes out with the single stack Xde- sa/da/decocker. I am liking the trigger but the reset is different. (Thats a training issue). I will say I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the Xde so far. This is my first Xd. Its like the single stack USPc HK never made. Just my .

/thread jack over.

Hey! we got to page three before a thread jack! :laugh: Just kidding! The P30SK seems like a good all around option in this category, and not as pricey as the USP series.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Ok- I'll thread jack for a moment... I picked up a P30SKS when they first were released in '15 I believe... Loved it. I'm a sa/da/decocker HK/Sig guy. Then I discovered the little known gem of the Walther P99c AS. Loved that trigger and reset. The P99c AS has a decocker button. The P99c has been my daily carry for a couple years. Now SA comes out with the single stack Xde- sa/da/decocker. I am liking the trigger but the reset is different. (Thats a training issue). I will say I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the Xde so far. This is my first Xd. Its like the single stack USPc HK never made. Just my :twocents:.

/thread jack over.

:ingo:

The original version of the Canik TP9 is very similar to a P99. So much so that I can exchange the slide and frame from a P99 and TP9 and they function check just fine...

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Can you get an extended magazine for the P30SKS like you can with an XDM compact? Something like that would be ideal for my preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you get an extended magazine for the P30SKS like you can with an XDM compact? Something like that would be ideal for my preferences.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana

- - - Updated - - -

From my research you can get +2 base plates that also form a pinky extension, or you can get a mag sleeve and use a full sized P30 magazine.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some of the Ruger P series have it. They came in DA/SA with safety/decocker, DA/SA w/decock only, and DAO with no safety/decocker.

Top Bottom