• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Ran the Xde for the first time yesterday... 100 WWB, ran like a sewing machine, accurate hitting steel dingers and recoil was quite manageable. Tried 50 handloads, Xtreme 124 RN over Autocomp. Ran fine until it hit a squib :ugh:. Knocked it out, took a lickin kept on tickin.

I guess I just bumped this thread. Oh, well, its Saturday...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The typical CZ 75, 75B/85/85B do not allow the safety to be engaged if you manually decock it.

CZ's are weird, some of the manuals will state that they are supposed to be carried either locked and cocked or hammer down.
    All my guns (Cajunized) will let you put the safety on with the hammer down but the safety will not stop you from firing a shot double action if you do that, this is pointed out on the popular CZ trigger goodie websites, the safe carry modes still work as intended but not if you want to double up with belts and suspenders.

Most CZ clones can be carried hammer down, safety on.

Just checked my Tanfo & it works as you noted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am just not sure why you would carry hammer down/safety on.
    One advantage of an SA/DA is the ability to carry safely with the hammer dome or as I carry my CZ shadow on the 1st notch back or hammer safety. If you pull the trigger it will go. No fumbling for the safety.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I am just not sure why you would carry hammer down/safety on.
    One advantage of an SA/DA is the ability to carry safely with the hammer dome or as I carry my CZ shadow on the 1st notch back or hammer safety. If you pull the trigger it will go. No fumbling for the safety.

Maybe a noob not confident enough in their equipment yet. I agree it's not a good way to carry.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe a noob not confident enough in their equipment yet. I agree it's not a good way to carry.

If you are trained to click the safety off when you draw the gun I do not know why it would be a bad way to carry, I could be missing something, it happens.
    I'm not a belts and suspenders person and I like all guns to work the same (no thumb safety) so for me personally it would be bad.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    If you are trained to click the safety off when you draw the gun I do not know why it would be a bad way to carry, I could be missing something, it happens.
    I'm not a belts and suspenders person and I like all guns to work the same (no thumb safety) so for me personally it would be bad.

YEah, this was my thought as well. For example, a diehard 1911 fan may prefer to carry this way since it's already (likely) ingrained in their draw.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When ISP transitioned from revolvers to the Beretta in 1989, they went with the 92G, decocker only, no safety. I suspect they were concerned that some troopers would leave the safety on when trying to draw and fire. Therefore, we had a weapon that worked almost the same-draw from the holster, first round double action.

I had just come out of the military when I started in 1987, and semi-automatic pistols were familiar to me. However, watching some of the then old timers trying to get the hang of the new weapon was, in some cases, frightening.

All that to say, I would be very comfortable carrying a modern DA/SA pistol with the hammer down and safety off.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Beretta 92 and variants of it, most 3rd Gen S&W's, CZ 75, are some I can think of off the top of my head. I think some of the Sigs are set up that way.

I would think most SA/DA's are like that. Some versions that were DAO didn't have a safety. Like the S&W 5946. It is DAO. It's sibling, the 5906 was SA/DA with a safety.

What model 92 with decocker also has a safety?

MY Cigna is DA/SA striker fired with safety.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have seen how you can change from a manual safety to a decocker in the P series, however I couldn’t find any detailings as to whether the safety still works.
    That's a hack job on the P30 and some others as the actual decocker is a different control. Yes it's possible to correctly change between trigger types with no permanent mods in most cases.

Can you get an extended magazine for the P30SKS like you can with an XDM compact? Something like that would be ideal for my preferences.
    full size P30 mags fit or there are extended baseplates.

What model 92 with decocker also has a safety?

MY Cigna is DA/SA striker fired with safety.

S, SB, FS are all combined safety/decockers according to the wikipedia entry. Beretta's not a cocked-and-locked friendly company, the 81 series is the same way.

Top Bottom