• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Street price should be in the 395-410 before tax as of yesterday none are available at the 4 distributors we use, I want one but I’ll have to wait and see if they make one in fde

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As I was telling a buddy at work Ruger will probably come out with a few new firearms every few weeks. I just hope they don't overdo it and over saturate their line. I do like the EC9s I bought and am looking for a PC carbine for the cheapest I can get.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    As I was telling a buddy at work Ruger will probably come out with a few new firearms every few weeks. I just hope they don't overdo it and over saturate their line. I do like the EC9s I bought and am looking for a PC carbine for the cheapest I can get.

They're probably worried about this year too, maybe slow sales so if they come out with something new they're thinking it will help with that. I bet the LC9s will be discontinued in favor of the EC9s, the Security line might be replacing the American line?

The PC carbine is slick and great for the price it should do well, probably going after Kel Tec since they can't keep up with the demand for glock mag Sub 2ks

This Precision 22 is slick and hopefully tapping into a market that no one else has from the factory, long distance 22 shooting. Plus it's a factory chassis gun which is slick too. I love my 455s but 20 MOA base from EGW was $90, and all the chassis for them start at $550 if not more, KRG, MPA, MDT, etc.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Interesting but I would only consider it if they chamber in .22 WMR or, better yet, .17HMR.

30 MOA base? Marketing purposes only, I'm thinking.

This is going to be more of a long range rimfire setup. A 30 moa base can only help the intended purpose of this rifle. Markinging has nothing to do with it what so ever.

Last edited:

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    I'd caution and sideline the purchase until enough people have reviewed it. I've seen great Rugers and ones that are just plain disappointing. Not much that a bolt rimfires can go wrong, but there are other options as well that are very capable. Savage Mk2 FV-SR in Boyds stock is hard to beat

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd caution and sideline the purchase until enough people have reviewed it. I've seen great Rugers and ones that are just plain disappointing. Not much that a bolt rimfires can go wrong, but there are other options as well that are very capable. Savage Mk2 FV-SR in Boyds stock is hard to beat

A few years back, the "to die for" rifle was the RPR. Last year, many were sold in the classifieds. At one time, there were three on the front page of the long guns section.

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    A few years back, the "to die for" rifle was the RPR. Last year, many were sold in the classifieds. At one time, there were three on the front page of the long guns section.

My father in law has a RPR in 308. After a few shooting sessions the handguard came loose and a couple screws were lost. Had the screws replaced but it's still not a true precision rifle. The groups are on par with many other bolt guns on the market shooting federal match

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    It definitely looks cool but i have my doubts that it will shoot as good as either one of my cz's 452 scout which is a kids gun and a 452 trainer. I bought a savage hbar thumbhole stock 22 bolt gun the same day as my cz's and it wouldnt keep up accuracy wise and it was a heavy awkward pig to carry. Needless to say its gone. Plus the cz's are lighter and easier to carry in the woods. Definitely interested to see how it does.

I bet it'll be similar. But it's still a .22 so wind will eventually ruin your shots.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Tacticool sells these days. Put some black stock on a rifle with the rail and it's good to go. Personally if I really want an relatively inexpensive accurate .22 rifle............awe never mind. I'll just say I wouldn't jump on the bandwagon until further details are heard. Never try the "A" model of anything. Otherwise we'll see it in the classifieds with someone trying to get their money out of it.

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    This gun reminds me of 10/22 in a replacement tacticool stock. It sure is designed after the TOR, but it doesn't seem to have that beefy appeal

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    got an email from cdnn today, the had them in stock for 399.99 shipped, when i went to the site they were sold out!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well guess what came home with me from the gun shop!,

View attachment 66997
    its the first one we've had, and the first one I've seen on the street!, I added a bushnell 4-16 scope, and I need a rail section to put the bipod on (the scopes a takeoff from an ar15 sitting in the gun safe) I don't know if the scope will stay on or not, but right now, I've got the itch to shoot the damn thing, and that wont be able to happen till Thursday night after the pin shoot.

when I got to the shop on Saturday, I walked in, turned off the alarm, walked down to turn on the computer, there was a white ruger box, and the factory label was messed up (if you've seen a thermal laser printer mess up, you'll know what I mean), but the only readable thing was "08400" and from my checking the distributors every time I work, I knew that's the model number! I turned around, and had walked right by it!

with the 30 moa scope base that came on it, its a 100-150 yard gun (I hear, long range precision is new to me). ill start at 50, and work out farther

so far my observations are DAMN! it's nice!, the trigger pull out of the box is crisp and light, the safety, is in the right spot and easy to move with your thumb, the stock is pretty sweet, adjustable for lop, cheek rest, and the but pad is adjustable up and down. the grip might have to be changed, but that's no big deal, seeing that ar15 grips will fit, the threaded barrel is nice, and will be nicer when "uncle sam" sends back my tax stamp!, the rail is nice not too heavy, and even though the stock is glass filled nylon, it balances well (not that I'll be standing very often when I shoot it)

now the countdown begins till Thursday!

and the best part!!!! the rifle was free!!!!!! I sent a pic to the most wonderful woman in the world (my fiancé) and told her "look what came into the shop" and she said "buy it!, it'll be your fathers/birthday present!, i'll pay for it!", then she said, "its been a while since you got a gun, you need a new one"

the biggest complaint I have...wont fit in the gun safe....I need a new safe!, safe's full!

Top Bottom