Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, dust off the thread!!

[h=1]IMPD arrests State Representative Dan Forestal[/h]
    INDIANAPOLIS — A state representative faces preliminary charges after police say he assaulted a public safety official.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police arrested State Rep. Daniel Forestal Thursday on preliminary charges including resisting law enforcement, battery against a public safety official and disorderly conduct.

The arrest happened after a welfare check on Wednesday. He was arrested for immediate detention. While he was at the hospital Thursday, police say he committed simple assault.

Daniel Forestal is the Marion County Sheriff’s nephew. Sheriff Kerry Forestal released a statement talking about Daniel’s arrest.

My family and I are extremely saddened by the most recent conduct of my nephew, Daniel Forestal. Words fail to describe the pain and helplessness felt by witnessing someone you love face such tremendous struggles. However, it is a pain that is shared by countless other families. As a community, we must do more on the physical addictions and mental health front as part of the ongoing discussions with law enforcement reform. I will continue to work collaboratively with and I also challenge our medical providers and professionals to fill the void that is thrust upon law enforcement officers who are not health care providers, but too often must fill that role. With regard to Daniel’s criminal charges, I’m confident that it will be handled appropriately within the criminal justice system.

This is not the first time Daniel Forstal has had a run-in with law enforcement. He is currently facing a felony charge and two misdemeanor charges after police say he threatened to punish officers for pulling him over. He was also accused of impersonating an officer, struggling with officers and driving while under the influence.

In 2007, Forestal pleaded guilty to operating while intoxicated. That case happened less than a year after he was hired by the Indianapolis Fire Department.

Earlier this year, Forestal announced he would not seek reelection, saying he needed to focus on his mental health.

https://fox59.com/news/impd-arrests-state-representative-dan-forestal/

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Notice how the Marion County Sheriff puts it on “the community” rather than the individual or the family? Wonder why... OH YEAH!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago I remember spending time and drinking beer at Richard Forestal's business where I met his brothers Joe and Jerry. I knew them as good people, if this guy is related I wonder where he went wrong.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Seems like if he were truly interested in focusing on his mental health, he'd resign from his position as Indiana representative?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    maroon.jpg

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Seems like if he were truly interested in focusing on his mental health, he'd resign from his position as Indiana representative?

He'll be back I'm sure...

[h=1]Daniel Forestal resigns as state representative following arrest
    [/h]INDIANAPOLIS – State Rep. Daniel Forestal resigned from his position Monday after being arrested last week.
    Forestal said his resignation as a state representative was effect immediately and called serving the state the “greatest honor of my lifetime.”
    Indianapolis Metropolitan police arrested Forestal during a welfare check Wednesday. Preliminary charges included resisting law enforcement, battery against a public safety official and disorderly conduct.
    In a statement, Forestal said he needed to concentrate on his mental health:
    “The time is long overdue for me to focus on my mental health and get myself well. I want to thank my family and friends for their love and support during this difficult time. We need to work together to shatter the stigma around mental health issues in the State of Indiana and address them with the same treatment and philosophy as physical health issues. Hoosiers should not have to live in fear of having their struggles with mental health be exposed and have attached to them the negative stigma that comes with suffering from mental health issues.”
    A special prosecutor, Brett Eaton of Hancock County, has been assigned to handle Forestal’s case.
    Forestal is the nephew of Marion County Sheriff Kerry Forestal.
    He has had previous run-ins with law enforcement and is facing a felony charge and two misdemeanors after police say he threatened to punish officers for pulling him over.
    He was also accused of impersonating an officer, struggling with officers and driving while under the influence.
    In 2007, Forestal pleaded guilty to operating while intoxicated. That case happened less than a year after he was hired by the Indianapolis Fire Department.

https://fox59.com/news/daniel-forestal-resigns-as-state-representative-following-arrest/

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Long overdue, indeed. I would think an easy way to not have your struggle with mental health exposed, would be to not be a state representative that keeps getting arrested...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Long overdue, indeed. I would think an easy way to not have your struggle with mental health exposed, would be to not be a state representative that keeps getting arrested...

I had one interaction with this guy at the Statehouse. I chocked it up to narcissism and a D after his name as an elected official. Looks like he has some issues on top of that.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    As an East sider, we've gotten his political flyers in the mail for a long time. He has a lot of support in my neighborhood. I don't know him, never met him. But based on the public information I have, he doesn't appear to be someone I want to represent me or my family.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As an East sider, we've gotten his political flyers in the mail for a long time. He has a lot of support in my neighborhood. I don't know him, never met him. But based on the public information I have, he doesn't appear to be someone I want to represent me or my family.
    And he's an anti, there's that.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    What a surprise. I've read that the party actually threw a fundraiser for him in the last few weeks before he decided not to run again. So, it's Blake Johnson, or Cliff Marsiglio? Marsiglio said he supports Blake, and also said the party threatened him if he ran against Forrestall. What a mess...

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This guy is a pos gun grabber, and a dangerous lunatic. Not surprising he swings for the left.

They'll fill it with another D that has the same issues but maybe doesn't act out on them as openly.

In his resignation letter he turns HIS actions and problems into a rally cry and shifts the blame and responsibility. I hope a judge locks him up for a while so he can contemplate HIS poor choices.
    But its marion county which is ran by the D's and why it's going to hell so that's highly unlikely to happen.

Welcome to New Chicago, Indianapolis

Top Bottom