2d5.gif

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And for the record I am a Christian. I have struggled with my own faith but I do believe in God and I believe that Jesus willingly sacrificed his life for mankind and is my savior.
    But I will not force what I believe on anyone else or look bad on them for believing or not believing. Not my business. But I dont like people using religion to be a bully. I was raised like that (religious bullys) and now I'm not a scared little kid anymore and I will stand up to *******s.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Which is EXACTLY what you did... under the guise of “not to offend”.

So... wait a minute...

Two Christians (LM & me) were discussing things as Christians. I point out a Christian precept, (and arguably a commandant) to give unto the Lord, to my Christian brother. I did it in a way that is Biblical... iron sharpens iron...

Suddenly those looking to point out their perceived flaws in "organized religion" jump in... "judge not" and so forth...

Why does it seem like the non-Christians are the offended parties? Why are the non-Christians deciding which Christian precepts are acceptable?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19

Do you really want to have an in depth discussion of the applicability of the Mosaic Law in the Age of Grace or are you looking for a gotcha moment with a sound bite? This is actually a complex issue that begins with the questions: "To whom did God give the Law, and for what purpose"?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you really want to have an in depth discussion of the applicability of the Mosaic Law in the Age of Grace or are you looking for a gotcha moment with a sound bite? This is actually a complex issue that begins with the questions: "To whom did God give the Law, and for what purpose"?

I don't. I do have to get some work done today...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    giphy.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ..."judge not" and so forth...

Everyone's an expert on Matthew 7:1-4 and not so much verse 5?

1 Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So... wait a minute...

Two Christians (LM & me) were discussing things as Christians. I point out a Christian precept, (and arguably a commandant) to give unto the Lord, to my Christian brother. I did it in a way that is Biblical... iron sharpens iron...

Suddenly those looking to point out their perceived flaws in "organized religion" jump in... "judge not" and so forth...

Why does it seem like the non-Christians are the offended parties? Why are the non-Christians deciding which Christian precepts are acceptable?
    Oh, except I'm a Christian too. Kinda throws a wrench into your arguement.
    Constantly I see you make posts over time with a better than other people attitude. Ive said it to you before. But at least you are consistant. Maybe you need to examine yourself before you cast judegemt against your brothers

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So.....does anyone follow Dave Ramsey and is completely debt free? :)
    My parents raised me to stay debt free. Mortgages are debt but as pointed out above by houghmade they can be used to your advantage.
    Everything is a numbers game. If you are using the other guys money for less than what your invested cash is earning then it is ok to maintain that loan in my opinion. I'll always advocate paying cash for things first though.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So.....does anyone follow Dave Ramsey and is completely debt free? :)

Yes, I am. I don't even have paid-off-each-month credit cards. We just use debit cards for everything.

But I am in an unusual situation in which I neither own nor rent a house. It's provided to me by my employer for the convenience of the employer.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes, I am. I don't even have paid-off-each-month credit cards. We just use debit cards for everything.

But I am in an unusual situation in which I neither own nor rent a house. It's provided to me by my employer for the convenience of the employer.
    What happens if you lose that job or they get rid of housing? Are you budgeting for housing later?

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm wondering, with the newly increased standard deduction, if mortgages will no longer be helpful to a lot of people's federal taxes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm wondering, with the newly increased standard deduction, if mortgages will no longer be helpful to a lot of people's federal taxes.

For around here? No, it won't.

For places where home prices are outrageous? Yes, probably to some degree.

I'm still not sure if raising the standard deduction was the right move. Yes, it benefits a lot of people, but there's a lot of good behavior incentives (e.g. home ownership, donations) that are now impacting less people.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What happens if you lose that job or they get rid of housing? Are you budgeting for housing later?

They won't get rid of housing. The business would suffer pretty significantly if no one lived on site.

But yes, we are saving outside of retirement accounts toward eventually buying a house.

Top Bottom