• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm still greatly amused that you bit. :): I had no idea you'd latch on to that of all things.
    You hadn't posted any of Churchill's supporting argument, just a statement, so there was literally nothing put forth for me to refute or even address. I just made up a funny political explanation and BAM! Fish on.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    You slammed Churchill just like you do everyone and I challenged you to back it up. You got backed into a corner and failed.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]Post #346 contains several real questions which await your responses. They are in direct reference to the article you posted so I figured you'd be eager to defend it. Don't avoid them just because they're tricky for you, let them overwhelm your senses and cause you to think. Don't just run away looking for more bird pictures, either, simply admit that you can't offer a defense and leave room for someone more willing or able to try.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    None of which are real questions that deserve a reply.

[/FONT]Stop deflecting. It's not that I deserve your answers, it's the points you propose which I refute that desperately need your answers. Why even bring up a point if you plan to abandon it as soon as it takes the fist slap? How will you ever get better at this so that you don't continue to do harm to a point others might still like to defend or salvage. Don't be such a lost cause, try giving a real defense. Stick with it. I'll even help you if I think your effort is sincere.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :puke:

[/FONT]Try changing up classics like this, freshen them a bit with a new spin for the readers. Be creative and make up new things to say when you run away from an argument.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    Excuse me if I don't take advise dipped from such a shallow well.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]**ATM, YOU HAVE ACHIEVED BONUS PIGEON LEVEL EXPERT!**[/FONT]

Sweet! I just leveled up again!

You have been leveling up with every handful of crumbs it throw.

Its hilarious feeding the pigeons out of the palm of my hands. The control I have over them grows the more they fall in my trap.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] [/FONT]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You slammed Churchill just like you do everyone and I challenged you to back it up. You got backed into a corner and failed.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. ;)

None of which are real questions that deserve a reply.

Translation: Those questions were too tough, they absolutely devastated the points I copied from that article and I am not capable of supporting them any further. I will again abandon, deflect and go look for more pictures of birds.

Excuse me if I don't take advise dipped from such a shallow well.

meh. It's only the readers who suffer. I think they've figured out by now to just wait for my response to you for their next chuckle.

You have been leveling up with every handful of crumbs it throw.

Its hilarious feeding the pigeons out of the palm of my hands. The control I have over them grows the more they fall in my trap.

Hilarious - I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Only a girly boy brings a ***** slap to a slug fest.

You haven't earned anything greater. You are no threat to me.

If I were restrained to respond with only the level of force you've warranted thus far, even a slap would be extreme overkill.

I only continue to string you along in this thread because your attempted comebacks serve quite well to solidify and enhance my position.

Really, thanks for trying. Your role here in this thread has been invaluable to me. :yesway:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The pigeons are getting faker (plastic) by the post. All show on the outside and nothing inside.

8:00 and it is still light outside. I am digging the extra hour of sunlight with DST. :rockwoot:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    DST is like taking a blanket that is too short , cutting a foot off the bottom and sewing it to the top of the blanket. Makes absolutely no sense. Hopefully that hasn't already been stated, I didn't read all 37 pages.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What's to be mad about? How else would poor people ever get to experience jet lag?

Folks have 8 months to come up with a reasonable excuse for switching the schedules and clocks back again in the fall.

They won't be able to. It will be sadly amusing.

I will be relentless. :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annnnnnnnnnd it's been one complete week since the big switch...are we still mad about it?

Can't speak for anyone else... but I'm not "mad". I just don't like it and won't ever. In *my* life with *my* family in *our* events, there's no good place for DST and the clock moving to allow daylight farther into the evening wrecks more than it helps. In fact, I can't think of one single thing it helps us with...but I named a bunch of things it muscles in to ruin.
    There again...I'm just speaking for myself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just...

ptb.jpg

:popcorn:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The LT6 stole my wallet thread has 406 pages currently so I thought I'd add this meaningless post to bump the numbers/.

THREAD EPICITY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: **** YEAH!!!!!!:patriot:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    ATM, how can you expect someone delusional enough to claim there are rational reasons for DST (yet won't state a single one) to hold a sensible conversation? Thinkin' he's just trolling.

Of course he is, he even stated as much. See below. Although he did use a euphemism for it. Isn't trolling forbidden in the TOS? And while it can be a subjective determination of intent, not so much when the person admits to it......

I am just having fun feeding the pigeons. As long as I keep throwing the bread crumbs the pigeons will keep coming.

"Gluemanz28 tosses out more bread crumbs"

Well make this your cause and lobby for a change.....ironically.

Me? Don't care.

In this thread, the real debate seems to be: Those against it vs. Those who don't care. Therefore, the matter for debate is: "why don't you care enough to hate DST"? I've yet to hear a reason why I should care.

Actually it is those that are in favor of DST(but won't provide any arguments for it other than they like it) vs those that aren't and have provided reasons and those who are just fueling the fire.

I don't care because after working rotating shifts/rotating days my whole life, time is an illusion.

I've worked rotating shifts most my life, along with shift changes just because or because that is when work was available(heck I worked 5 different shifts in a week before) but time is not an illusion it just kind of feels that way. DST is an illusion though.

Winston Churchill argued that "Daylight Savings Time enlarges the opportunities for the pursuit of health and happiness among the millions of people who live in this country".

Why do you hate the millions of people?

Why do you have to waste the precious energy by reading Daylight saving time: 6 things to know as you change the clocks | NOLA.com in the dark when you could read it with the extra hour of daylight that DST is giving you?

DST is like taking a blanket that is too short , cutting a foot off the bottom and sewing it to the top of the blanket. Makes absolutely no sense. Hopefully that hasn't already been stated, I didn't read all 37 pages.

JetGirl posted a photo of it.

Here is a possible solution to get everyone (except maybe a couple people :whistle:) to change their mind about DST

Wait so you mean that office workers can get off earlier one day a year (as if that would actually happen) and have to stay longer on another day? On some arbitrary day decided by legislature. Damn sign me up. Me I work when it's light enough to see, I don't care what time the clocks say, my customers and their neighbors might(something about swinging hammers and breaking glass), but all this does is move their slight discomfort back a bit..... Although I will say the statewide adoption of DST did help me at the time, I had to deal with functionally 4 different time zones before it happened, now only 2. I had a child who lived in CTDST, family on CT, work on ETDST and lived in ET. Trying to keep track of who was what time was a pain in the butt. Although just having statewide non DST would have worked just as well......

Last edited:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ I'd like to submit the above as evidence:

Congress never has and never will pass a bill that truly benefits the people, even accidentally. Always more restriction, more regulation, more mandates, less individual Liberty.

Thanks, glueman, for unwittingly providing sensible folks yet another reason to hold DST in contempt. :yesway:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    ATM

I agree with you that DST is a farce. It most certainly does NOT save or create more daylight time in a 24 hour period - it only affects the perceptions thereof.

I wonder, given that we are on it for ~8 months of the year, would you object to a permanent shift of the clock so that we used this so-called DST 12 months of the year. Given that time zones and the clock are somewhat arbitrary creations anyway it seems like doing this and not changing twice per year might be somewhat less offensive. Then, perhaps, the true issue would be whether Indiana properly belongs in the Central Time Zone or the Eastern Time Zone.

Top Bottom