• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    That just goes to show you that no matter what safety precautions are taken accidents do happen. Hope all the fans and drivers are okay and that's just part in NASCAR.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thoughts are with everyone involved. My dad and I talk about it every year. As a fan, we all know the risks involved with sitting behind a fence that is supposed to hold 43 cars doing 100+ miles per hour. It doesn't make it any easier to see something like this happen, but we all know.

As for the comment about the "fake Mattel cars," I'd like to see a production car hit that fence. I would like to see the damage that those cars would take compared to the NASCARs.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    All the coverage after the wreck. Not one time vid the camera pan into the stands further back than the walkway where the smoking engine sat, not a good sign. Also the LINE of ambulances they showed at the opening of the fence area just once that I noticed. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Daytona speedway workers have a LONG night ahead of them gettin ready for tomorrow's race.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    563432_558914367467072_1674156027_n.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Not Confirmed but have heard 1 fan has been killed....Very sad start to the racing season. Amazing that the driver just jumped out like nothing was wrong.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do t forget, folks, that these cars are engineered to break apart like this. Its all in the name of energy dissipation - so the driver / cockpit doesn't carry the brunt of the forces involved.

Passenger cars are engineered the same way - but probably to a lesser extent due to the lower speeds involved.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Back at'cha Jr .....

.... "Stock Car" should mean "Stock Car", as with even wipers and doors and lids that work. It used to be for the improvement of the breed. Modern NASCARs are not real automobiles, IMHO, only. Now even our taxes are used to give $10,Million Gov't grants to NASCAR, and it's still all fake, and just a money-grubbing fiasco. But, agreed, thin-tin and thick-guts do make a good race. I'd say it would be better if each stable made its own engines, body / frame designs (within approved specs) and let the race-improvements move up into the production-line. Also, no, although I own a pick-up and feed a dog, I don't like sequined-cowboys who moan accents of real english words, either. Yes, I am an iconoclastic (look it up) Amurr'can who hates KUNT-ry music, too. YMMV
    As for the comment about the "fake Mattel cars," I'd like to see a production car hit that fence. I would like to see the damage that those cars would take compared to the NASCARs.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The ABCNews anchor just asked if Danica Patrick was involved in the wreck and when the other anchor said that she was out of the race at that time, the original anchor made it seem like he thought for sure it would be the woman driver's fault. :):

Top Bottom