• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Shameless plug for the nascar yahoo racing group we have going on.

You still have time to get in on the seasons action.

We could use a few more members and we still have not heard from last years champ.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Look at the back of your ticket next time you go to a race. You do not have the ability to sue. Purchasing the ticket and using it for admission waves the right to sue for injury damage or death.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    BD0bHYVCUAI37FU_zps644af54f.jpg

That is the MOTOR and one of front Tires in side the fence....there is a crossover gate there !!!!!
    45837_10151269798022111_841653958_n_zps583d235c.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The cables in the catch fence tore the front clip right off the car. 15 injured and 1 woman is critical. She caught the tire and hub assembly.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    That is some scary stuff. I was at an Indy car Race in Michigan, in the late 90's and 3 people were killed. It shook me and my buddies up. I still remember it vividly. I saw the tire and suspension assembly bound over the fence and bounce off fans a couple time before coming to a rest.

As a fan, I love the speed and thrill of the fast cars, but something like this puts in perspective the dangers.

I found this picture on MSN - there is some serious suspension work still attached to that rim. I hope those who were injured are ok.

Wreck during last lap of NASCAR Nationwide race at Daytona - FOX Sports Photo Gallery | FOX Sports on MSN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was working on the crew that ran Tony Bettenhausing in 1989 (I think) when his left front wheel failed and came off killing a fan at the top of the 4th turn stands. It came loose on the backstretch and he was out of the groove running slow into turn 4 when it came off in front of Roberto Giuraro who hit it square on and launched it up into the stands. That man never had a chance.
    The fans will always be at some risk when they attend a gladiator sport such as racing.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Tragic. There will be lawsuits, and NASCAR will pay out like they did when Edwards car went into the fence a few years ago.

Unfortunately, this is a black eye on a pretty great sport, especially for families and will be fuel for the fire of critics.

Top Bottom