• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    Feels like my LGS is kind of on the downward spiral. Prices are a bit higher than the webs because of the brick and mortar business model, so they don’t sell as much. They don’t sell as much so prices climb. Repeat. Luckily they have managed to adapt and offer reasonable transfers and keep a good supply of the most common stuff that does sell well.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I’ve always been willing to pay more for the experience. Higher prices these days are normal but man, at least sell it with a smile on your face. Then again that’s not just the gun business.

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    agreed paying 10-20% more for the brick and mortar, local store that keeps my money in the community is a no brainer. Seeing basic products at twice the internet rate sold by unfriendly gun store staff is a no go

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I stopped in the Gauntlet gun shop in Knox once. Super nice dude, had .223 ammo real close to internet pricing. Good selection of used hunting rifles and descent handgun selection. Just a small shop worth stopping in if you are passing by.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I stopped in the Gauntlet gun shop in Knox once. Super nice dude, had .223 ammo real close to internet pricing. Good selection of used hunting rifles and descent handgun selection. Just a small shop worth stopping in if you are passing by.
    *kouts* I have driven by a few times and haven’t stopped maybe I will stop in there next time I’m out that way

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I never go to LGSs because they're never open when I'm free. I've never run a business, so I might be missing something, but I never understood this. If I was free to wander in there in the middle of the day then I wouldn't have any money to spend there.

If you want my business you have to be open when I'm free. The worst part is the Monday thing. For some reason around here everything is closed on Mondays - and many businesses on Tuesdays too. Do they know that when office workers have a weekday off, it's almost always Monday? Every notice how quiet traffic is on Mondays? That's because a lot of people with money take Monday off.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Many restaurants and stores are closed on Mondays because that is the lowest traffic day of the week. Which ironically results in many people having Monday off.

Big differences in price is rather subjective. I have seen people haggle over a $5 difference, for others convenience is worth a hundred.

Regarding the internet. Most people realize that a lot of online retailers do not carry inventory. I have seen internet guns show up in the same packaging from the same distributors as stocked merchandise. Think drop shipping/Amazon business model.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I used to shop exclusively at a LGS on the south side of Indy.

Then the virus hit.

Lost all the regulars.

Last time I was there, I bought a Sig P320. Salesman had the personality of a door knob. Not helpful at all.

Started going to Highsmiths in Greenfield.

Great inventory, great staff good prices.

Go in and talk to Shane or one of the guys, they'll treat you right.

Not just a gun store, they also have a indoor shooting range.

Next time you're in Greenfield, stop in and say "Hey"

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    The LGS I frequent also has a shooting range. That is something you cannot get online. I have been running their pistol league for several years and get along great with the workers in the shop. There has been a big turn around in staff in the last year or so, so I do not know some of these guys very well now. They are pretty young and their experience is not very vast, but they are good kids and they try to do a good job. I always try to get the younger guys to get out to local matches and get a little more experience and knowledge. Some seem interested, but like many shooters, they seem reluctant to shoot in competitions.

I have been going there for decades, and get what I think are good deals. I do buy lots of gun/supplies from them, but they have almost no reloading supplies. For those, I go elsewhere.

Top Bottom