• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Wow ... only silver lining is that it was after hours and no one was hurt in the robbery. Sad to say, it might not be true concerning the future use of the stolen guns.

tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    Debs fault

Media will find way to blame victim for putting such horrible killing tools on the street. Hope they find the !!!holes before anymore crimes can be committed.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Media will find way to blame victim for putting such horrible killing tools on the street. Hope they find the !!!holes before anymore crimes can be committed.

Looks like "Faast Ed" in the comments section will beat that drum for the media.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    My cell phone's not loading MWI times. Guess I'll have to wait till its out in another paper.

ATF: Deb's Gun Range in Hammond robbed of 33 firearms

HAMMOND | Burglars stole 33 firearms from a Hammond gun range early Thursday morning, and officials are offering up to several thousands of dollars to anyone with information.
    About 4:15 a.m., Deb's Gun Range in the 6800 block of Kennedy Avenue was robbed of more than two dozen handguns, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said.
    "Through experience, we know that stolen firearms are used in furtherance of drug and gang-related activities as well as are utilized by violent criminals to perpetrate additional crimes," said Robert Browning, special agent in charge of the ATF Columbus Field Division, which includes Northwest Indiana. "Law enforcement is seeking assistance from the public in locating these weapons and identifying those responsible."
    While investigators have gathered information, the federal agency will reward those with knowledge of the incident up to $5,000 for their help. David Coulson, a senior special agent and ATF public information officer, said the stolen guns were worth several thousand dollars.
    A Deb's Gun Range employee who answered the phone Thursday afternoon said the store was closed for maintenance. When asked about the crime, he declined to discuss it and referred The Times to law enforcement officials.
    The Hammond Police Department is investigating the crime along with ATF, and officials are asking anyone with information to call Hammond police at (219) 852-2906 or the toll-free ATF crime gun hot line at (800) ATF-GUNS (283-4867), where callers may remain anonymous.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yea, I posted a thread about this yesterday and they moved it to the Gun Shop area. I thought "well that seems weird" but whateva!

Kind of strange. I have heard that they have a pretty good security system yet theives are able to break in take all of those gubs and get completely away before teh police can get there. It's not like Deb's in an a rural location.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Yea, I posted a thread about this yesterday and they moved it to the Gun Shop area. I thought "well that seems weird" but whateva!

Kind of strange. I have heard that they have a pretty good security system yet theives are able to break in take all of those gubs and get completely away before teh police can get there. It's not like Deb's in an a rural location.

I was wondering about that. It must have been a reallllly fast smash and grab.

or

Like someone else said, this is just another BATFE operation.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I live within a mile of the store. May I care to speculate on the timing and response by police? Police in Hammond are up to they're ass in complaints around the time of the burglary. There's a lot of crap hole gin mills that have a 3 o'clock license in Hammond. About 4 a.m. nightly I hear the police and fire ambulance sirens responding to fights and injuries from the refuse that dumps out of these taverns about then. Perfect timing would be to time a burglary around this time, as all the cops are on assignments. A new Super Walmart opened last month on the north end of town, and half the south side of Chicago is shopping there. They need lots of police protection. I'd bet on an "inside job", it's a really old building with adjoining business's, and apartments. Somebody noticed a way in and communicated it. JMO. I'd stop by Deb's to ask them what happened but they don't need me poking my nose right now. I drove by there at 7 a.m. this morning on the way to the hardware store down the street. The steel shuttered front of Deb's looks in tact.

Last edited:

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany

Where is Deb's located in relation to the Krispy Kream?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The steel shuttered front of Deb's looks in
    tact.

^This. They have steel everything on that biz location and it looks like whomever took the stuff did not go in via the front. Which when the store is closed it's closed up tight!

I had no idea that they had that many guns in that place. They have glass counters with a slew of handguns (mostly) for sale and/or rent.

Wonder if they will end up closing because of this?

DOJ probably needed those guns to send to Mexico so they could track how stolen weapons were being used in crimes.

Incorrect. Think more like Chicago. Suspect that is where all those gun took off to.

Where is Deb's located in relation to the Krispy Kream?

The nearest KK is in IL.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...CA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAkQ_BI

The one we had on the IN side on US-41 closed a while back.
    It was located here:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...CA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAkQ_BI

-Jedi

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

^This. They have steel everything on that biz location and it looks like whomever took the stuff did not go in via the front. Which when the store is closed it's closed up tight!

I had no idea that they had that many guns in that place. They have glass counters with a slew of handguns (mostly) for sale and/or rent.
    -Jedi

From what I've heard they have a fake wall that the guns are behind. Just what I've heard.:twocents:

Hammond PD says 54 guns were stolen. I don't know if they are right or if the news article is right.

Top Bottom