• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    I think the Grendel is a great choice for deer hunting in the smaller Ar frame lower without going to an Ar10 or conventional hunting rifles. Had muskets been developed with a pistol grip we would all be hunting with Ar/Ak style rifles.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Anyone use an AR15 for deer? I ask because I am debating building a 6.5 Grendel for coyotes and hogs. What caliber do you use, if you do?I wanna be able to just switch the uppers and head out for whatever my day is planned for.

Probably won't do the 300BLK pistol. I already have an SBR, so no reason for a pistol too.

I understand that. I want the ease of taking a rifle across state lines without paperwork to the ATF. I don't want to build two lowers. I want one lower with two uppers.

Soooo... You want to put a rifle length upper on a registered SBR lower so you can transport it interstate without submitting a notification?!?

All to avoid the hassle and expense of building an AR pistol lower???

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Soooo... You want to put a rifle length upper on a registered SBR lower so you can transport it interstate without submitting a notification?!?

All to avoid the hassle and expense of building an AR pistol lower???

No. Building another lower with a 6.5 Grendel upper and then another upper that is deer legal. I don't want to build an AR pistol, because I already have an SBR.

I don't want the hassles of notifying the feds of interstate travel. I have family in other states, so the less I have to move an SBR, the better.

Top Bottom