• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Why not make it where you buy an antlered tag, good in any season with weapon legal for that season, and buy an antlerless, good in any season with legal weapon. Then have bonus antlerless available to be purchased for those who wish to take an extra doe or two. It would be a lot less confusing, and probably encourage more people to do a little hunting. I know that I would be more inclined to buy an antlered tag that is good with any weapon legal. I don't do that now, because I may only get to hunt 2 or three days in any given season due to work schedule. I buy the bonus antlerless, because it covers me for a doe in any season that I wish to use it!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why not make it where you buy an antlered tag, good in any season with weapon legal for that season, and buy an antlerless, good in any season with legal weapon. Then have bonus antlerless available to be purchased for those who wish to take an extra doe or two. It would be a lot less confusing, and probably encourage more people to do a little hunting. I know that I would be more inclined to buy an antlered tag that is good with any weapon legal. I don't do that now, because I may only get to hunt 2 or three days in any given season due to work schedule. I buy the bonus antlerless, because it covers me for a doe in any season that I wish to use it!

Because licensing is just as much about generating revenue for the DNR as it is about controlling the deer population.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step

Keep an eye out for the bundled license next year. It is suppose to offer one buck and two does at a reduced rate and good with any weapon that is legal in the given season, including crossbow during archery. This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a while!

Because licensing is just as much about generating revenue for the DNR as it is about controlling the deer population.

I would have agreed a year ago, but the license bundle flies in the face of that line of reasoning.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Keep an eye out for the bundled license next year. It is suppose to offer one buck and two does at a reduced rate and good with any weapon that is legal in the given season, including crossbow during archery. This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a while!

now that would be awesome! :rockwoot:

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008

I think this is a great idea. I hope it passes! :yesway:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville

We tried to get a "trophy tag" passed and I know it has been up several times. Basically for $35 you got a "buck tag" for all seasons. any doe tags would be in addition to the $35 fee. I know there have been several different versions of the license that have gone through and not passed. Maybe this year something will change. I am kind of glad I was lucky enough to get in last minute and get the lifetime license.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

I would have agreed a year ago, but the license bundle flies in the face of that line of reasoning.

Can I ask you where you are getting that information from? The DNR has been pretty mum about the bundle. What they have said is that it will be revenue neutral. IOW - they will not lose money.

We will know for sure in January.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can I ask you where you are getting that information from? The DNR has been pretty mum about the bundle. What they have said is that it will be revenue neutral. IOW - they will not lose money.

I've heard the same thing, revenue neutral. I highly doubt they will do anything that will result in less $ for them. I heard it will be like a combo firearms (buck) and an antlerless license combined for $48. Or possibly both archery licenses wrapped into one for ......again $48. Money-wise it is a wash, but possibly a convenience for those who don't want to click the mouse an extra time when buying online. But who knows...:dunno:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    If they don't have the lifetime licenses anymore, I would be interested in a year by year license you could purchase that would give you Everything. Maybe deer, small game, turkey and fishing all together. Handle it the same way they would lifetime licenses, only make it valid year to year, Kind of a "Sportsmans Package"

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If they don't have the lifetime licenses anymore, I would be interested in a year by year license you could purchase that would give you Everything. Maybe deer, small game, turkey and fishing all together. Handle it the same way they would lifetime licenses, only make it valid year to year, Kind of a "Sportsmans Package"

yup, like the kids get.

DaveyCrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Bluffton, Indiana
    All this is a great help! i believe i have it all figured out!

I have seen plenty of deer, but cant seem to get them on the right side of the property line. I'm not giving up though! still have quite a season left!

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step

My apologies. I thought I had read that all of the proposals had been adopted, but cannot find my source. Of the proposals, it is the one that has me truly excited, so I likely jumped the gun in anticipation. Are they still taking comments or is their anyone's ears that we can still tug? I sent e-mails during the comment periods earlier, but was unable to make any of the meetings. Is there anyone that might be persuaded by a well crafted, hand-written letter?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    iirc, they used to. i think it was a comprehensive license that cost about $90 for the year. don't know what it would have to go for now to make it worthwhile for the state.

Top Bottom