Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Defensive Concepts 1 is full.

There are two slots for DC 2. You have to take DC 1 prior to taking DC 2.

Thanks to all who have signed up.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Glad to see this is going well. The more safe, properly trained gun owners we have out there the better. Are you seeing your students base expanding or is it the same people that we always see?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Glad to see this is going well. The more safe, properly trained gun owners we have out there the better. Are you seeing your students base expanding or is it the same people that we always see?

I think PA is the furthest someone is coming from this time.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I just sent out the reminder email. If you are in the class and did not receive it let me know. Looking forward to Saturday.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Classes are tomorrow. I loaded up the gear I could last night. More to do tonight after Ladies Guided Shoot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for a good class. I appreciate the safe gun handling on everyone's part. For those who expressed interest in a copy of the PowerPoint, I've emailed them to Coach to distribute.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to contact either of us.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Excellent class BehindBlueI's and Coach! I thoroughly enjoyed it and appreciate the valuable insight/instruction provided.

The course content is really good...it would be difficult to pick all of this stuff up anywhere else in such an efficient way.

Thanks for putting it together and offering both level 1 and level 2 the same day!!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    To sum up the training in one word outstanding!

BBI
    Presented the training in a logical format that was easily understood. Limited power point mixed with a breakdown of real world video is a extremely effective instruction technique. BBI’s real world experience is invaluable the breakdown of events is something you cannot get in many training courses regardless of price. The classroom instruction is combined with range situations based on fact. The students are given the basics of the situation the desision making and engagement are left up to the student. It is essentially a “hands on” display of the OODA loop that requires the student to think not just shoot a canned event.

Coach
    His experience in shooting fundamentals shines through in the instruction. He conducted a quick assessment of the firing line to identify the level of the students. I believe this is essential considering the varied background and experience level of the students. He switched from helping a less experienced student with grip to teaching more experienced students how to speed up seamlessly. The shooting drills were well thought out and matched the skill of the student.

Safety
    Drawing and firing has risk adding concealment increases the risk. Everyone did a good job of not “flagging” each other or shooting wildly. I never felt unsafe at any time unlike other courses I have attended.

General
    It was great to shoot with Hammerd13 again and meet Blue Falcon along with many other INGO members. In a safe training environment where all the students gained knowledge. I cannot think of a class that is a better value.

Best quote from the class!

BBI “Clowns aren’t people anyway”

Last edited:

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My son and I enjoyed the classes a lot and will definitely be better for it.

I liked the use of crime videos to illustrate concepts (why I sub to Active Self Protection channel) and what to look for, and I guess that would also be my only critique - I would much rather see more variety of videos than watching the same crime from many different angles that didn't appear to illustrate new points a prior angle hadn't already covered.

I enjoyed the drills to give us a better idea of how to work on certain skills. I also liked the reminders to check for other threats before deciding to holster.

What would be the next class after this (or does one not exist yet) from BFT or other local vendor? I know a couple more national level instructors were mentioned a couple times.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I liked the use of crime videos to illustrate concepts (why I sub to Active Self Protection channel) and what to look for, and I guess that would also be my only critique - I would much rather see more variety of videos than watching the same crime from many different angles that didn't appear to illustrate new points a prior angle hadn't already covered.

Seeing the same thing from different angles and the repetition is to help implant it in your subconscious. It is intentional, because it's designed as training the "Observe" and "Orient" segment of your OODA loop that is very seldom worked on in a training environment. The training aids in increasing the speed and accuracy of your "instinctive" recognition of threat development as well as develops confidence in your assessment and your ability to recall and articulate the body language indicators you saw. It's also why we watched the same video repeatedly but concentrating on different people's reactions, to further "burn in" what a threat looks like, what a transition looks like, etc.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County

BBI
    Presented the training in a logical format that was easily understood. Limited power point mixed with a breakdown of real world video is a extremely effective instruction technique. BBI’s real world experience is invaluable the breakdown of events is something you cannot get in many training courses regardless of price. The classroom instruction is combined with range situations based on fact. The students are given the basics of the situation the desision making and engagement are left up to the student. It is essentially a “hands on” display of the OODA loop that requires the student to think not just shoot a canned event.

Coach
    His experience in shooting fundamentals shines through in the instruction. He conducted a quick assessment of the firing line to identify the level of the students. I believe this is essential considering the varied background and experience level of the students. He switched from helping a less experienced student with grip to teaching more experienced students how to speed up seamlessly. The shooting drills were well thought out and matched the skill of the student.

Safety
    Drawing and firing has risk adding concealment increases the risk. Everyone did a good job of not “flagging” each other or shooting wildly. I never felt unsafe at any time unlike other courses I have attended.

General
    It was great to shoot with Hammerd13 again and meet Blue Falcon along with many other INGO members. In a safe training environment where all the students gained knowledge. I cannot think of a class that is a better value.

Great to shoot with you again, Brad69! Hope to repeat sometime in the near future. Glad you're enjoying the M&P 2.0.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld

BBI

Coach

Safety

General

I agree 100%, it was a great class that was well presented. I learned a great deal of useful information and skills. Well spent investment in your training.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom