• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This is looking super! I'm glad I'm only seeing a little at a time because such a transformation all at once would be too much! Very nice work, Allen!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Seeing all those pics made me go get my Caspian out of the safe.... and now the vision for the 2011 frame are taking shape. CM... this next one is all your fault! 38 Super keeps peeking my interest...And a Carry Comp.... with maybe a caliber conversion twist.....:spend::spend::spend::spend::spend:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seeing all those pics made me go get my Caspian out of the safe.... and now the vision for the 2011 frame are taking shape. CM... this next one is all your fault! 38 Super keeps peeking my interest...And a Carry Comp.... with maybe a caliber conversion twist.....:spend::spend::spend::spend::spend:

I am only here to help you my friend.....:)

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Did a little more cosmetic work to it.
    chamfering the bottom edge, The slide is setup at a 45 degree angle and the squared to the mill. Most of time when i do this I will just use a straight end mill to the edge,. but for this one I am using a 60 Degree bit just to give it a more pronounced flat. I can't use the angled bits if the side of the slide is not flat or it will look wavy.

[video=youtube;J4WBX8Atz70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4WBX8Atz70[/video]

.019 of material removed and that is where I stopped, why? because I liked it :)

I need to blend this area more but I am waiting to get a different recoil plug before I settle on how far to take it. Also I have put a couple side ports in the comp. There won't be to much in follow up pic until next week when the recoil plug gets here..

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

I think that sounds like a great idea :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Cerakote added..."Tactical Grey" I think you will want to add a stainless mag release and pins

r

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Fantastic job Allen. Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures and kinda walk us through some of this.

Top Bottom