• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When my kids were little, it was such a part of the event of watching a movie snagged from Blockbuster. They'd gather round, watching for the three kernels I threw in the pot to pop. Threw three kernels in, waited for 2 two to pop in the butter, then dump the rest in. Shake that pot, and have a couple bowls ready, because you poured way more into the pot then you should have.

Damn, the simple times, the simple moments, the simple family times. The look on the kids' faces at the first pops. The hurried action because the lid on the pot was coming off. Get another bowl!

Good times.

And through all of the popcorn mayhem, we never even cared about people open carrying rifles. Unless they threatened people with them.

We have these memory's and still make stove top when we have :popcorn: and a movie Friday nights. CKW makes the absolute best stove top corn but we pop it in oil and pour "Real" melted butter on the finished corn. Absolutely the best stuff.

And no we did not open carry any rifles at these times.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm not going to watch 44 minutes of that, but did the person carrying the rifle threaten anyone in any way?

If not, why would you be against legally carrying a weapon in public?
    I’m all for normalizing it. Progressive types may call this ‘going backwards’. We need to let them know that if we were the problem, they would know it by now.
    Thats how the left works, right? Propose something ridiculous and within a few years it’s normal. Have you ever tried to “get anywhere” by “rolling over”?

Popcorn does sound good about now.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    while we are talking popcorn, I heard on the radio today the suggestion to use bacon grease to pop popcorn. Sounds intriguing.

I've had that! WOW! For most of us it's just CRACK, one hit and you're hooked. Thankfully, if I tried to make some in the house SWMBO would terminate me, with prejudice...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I was a kid, born in the mid 50's and growing up in the 60's, for Sunday supper mom always popped a bunch of popcorn for us, and we'd all watch Sunday evening TV shows.
    I still remember being really little, looking up at the stove and getting fired up when the corn started popping.
    And yelling "THEY'RE BUMPING THEIR HEADS!", when the lid began lifting off the pan. ;)
    Such innocent carefree times in those days.
    Didn't even THINK of carrying.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    All these protester blocked streets remind me of an old video from a company in South Africa. That company made anti-car jacking device that shot flames out around the vehicle.

Could someone make me one of those? Please?

:thatshot:

farmdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    I was in Auburn on Sunday to visit the Duesenburg, Auburn, Cord museum. There were about 6-8 16-20 year olds holding BLM signs opposite the courthouse around 1:00 PM. There was one 16-20 year old with a MAGA hat and a Trump flag. Around 2:30, there were about 4 BLM supporters holding signs “protesting” the empty courthouse.
    The museum was amazing, but I couldn’t afford the worst work in progress that they possess.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Hijack... Did you take a walk thru the building behind the ACD? A lot of people miss this gem...

I was in Auburn on Sunday to visit the Duesenburg, Auburn, Cord museum. There were about 6-8 16-20 year olds holding BLM signs opposite the courthouse around 1:00 PM. There was one 16-20 year old with a MAGA hat and a Trump flag. Around 2:30, there were about 4 BLM supporters holding signs “protesting” the empty courthouse.
    The museum was amazing, but I couldn’t afford the worst work in progress that they possess.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    All these protester blocked streets remind me of an old video from a company in South Africa. That company made anti-car jacking device that shot flames out around the vehicle.

Could someone make me one of those? Please?

:thatshot:

I remember seeing a spring loaded steel bar that swung out to sweep/break the car jacker's legs. Looked pretty effective.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I remember seeing a spring loaded steel bar that swung out to sweep/break the car jacker's legs. Looked pretty effective.

can I substitute a chain saw bar or razor sharp katana blade for the bar? Asking for a friend.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DoggyMama is in Methodist Hospital right now, so I'm forced to go downtown, at least on West St., and right past Indiana Avenue (which I noticed was still closed this morning when I took her and dropped her off). Didn't see any sign of protesters though. Maybe I should toss an AR in the car when I go to visit her. Unfortunately I have to disarm to go in Methodist since they have a "criminal detention wing".

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    DoggyMama is in Methodist Hospital right now, so I'm forced to go downtown, at least on West St., and right past Indiana Avenue (which I noticed was still closed this morning when I took her and dropped her off). Didn't see any sign of protesters though. Maybe I should toss an AR in the car when I go to visit her. Unfortunately I have to disarm to go in Methodist since they have a "criminal detention wing".

Im sorry to hear that and I hope she gets better soon. I would suggest monitoring Real indy news on facebook and BLMindy on twitter. There are a bunch of other sources but keeping an eye on those should allow you to avoid most hot zones.

Top Bottom